Need help understanding Aquaman Vol. 4

Mr_Clockwork91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mr_Clockwork91

Just finished Aquaman Vol. 4 and at the end where Arthur asks Mera to take his hand by her side, she abruptly leaves while crying. Then after talking to the woman who was taking care of her dog, she goes back down to Atlantis and resumes her role as queen by Arthurs side.

Why did she do that? I didn't quite understand what happened in that instance. Any one care to explain?

Mr_Clockwork91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justthatkid: But I thought the whole outsider thing was addressed when Urn yelled at the soldiers that she is their queen regardless. Shutting everyone up about it.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_clockwork91: Mera is from Xebel, another underwater nation. And they do t have a good relationship with Atlantis. Its because xenophobia on both sides. And Mera is well aware she isn't welcome.

She went back because in the end, she is a ride or die bitch who stands by her man, so to speak.

Also it doesn't matter what Urn said. The words of one man won't change the deep seated prejudice. Some people are more accepting than others, but its a parralel to the real world wherein people will just be dumb fu*** and judge others by where they come from rather than who they are.

Mr_Clockwork91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mr_Clockwork91

@justthatkid: @blackwind: Thanks guys I get what you are saying. I think I was just thinking it about it too hard and ignored that fact that a huge issue about the Aquaman series is xenophobia.