Need advice for digital comicbook publishing.

E1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi guys,

On which platform would you put your own comic-book ? Where do you go looking for free online independent comic-books ?

I'm thinking about doing a wordpress site (such as http://www.godhatesastronauts.com/) but I worry that it will be not be visited unless I spend countless hours posting and spamming on forums.

Hope you guys can help me.

Emil

E1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By E1000

Hum, no help here ??

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give up, you're most likely to fail anyways and never have popular comics.

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Gordyman

@e1000 said:

Hum, no help here ??

Don't listen to that other guy...just promote yourself anyway you can and people will eventually come and check your stuff out. Though your work may or may not be as popular as Superman or Batman, there's no harm in trying.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

No matter where you place your comic on the web your going to have to do some self-promoting. Start small, tell your LCS owner about your endeavor and ask him if he would be kind enough to spread the word, better yet print out little business cards or flyer-esque slips for your comic and ask the LCS owner to consider dropping one in the bag of each customer. Maybe even call comic shops in the surrounding area speak with the owner and see if he would be willing to do the same if you mailed him some of the slips for your comic. I read Rice Boy because I got a little bookmark dropped in my bag at my comicshop and wanted to check it out. Work the web but don't expect an overnight take off. Good luck!

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By JeanRalphio

Give up, you're most likely to fail anyways and never have popular comics.

Why?