Need a new comic to start reading.

concust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wats up guys. Okay so as you can tell by the title, I need a new comic to start reading. Right now I only read green lantern, red lanterns, justice league, and new guardians wen they come out on the volumes of 7 issues each. I'm thinking about picking up vol.3 of the justice league but havnt heard anything about it. Also really considering about getting aquaman or the flash since I heard they are both great but I was wondering if these are good picks or wat else is out there? I've always been interested in nightwing and Spider-Man but idk if they are worth reading. Same thing goes for justice leage America, justice leage dark, batman, thor or xmen. iAre these good picks to start reading or is there something better? Just curious wat the vine thinks. Thanks for your time.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

TMNT

VoodooPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman - I didn't personally enjoy it but pretty much everybody else loves it. The art kind of looked dated to me.
Flash - It's really good. It has an excellent sense of balance between action and plain story. The art on the first volume is good, but it changes.
Batman - Pretty good. It got kind of boring IMO. The story arcs are good separately, but it focuses way, way too much on his past. Out of the three arcs in the series, two are about his beginnings. I've seen varying opinions on this one. Art is stellar.
Thor: God of Thunder - Just read the first volume tonight. The story is great and it leaves you in the dark. Artwork is a mix between realistic and comicish, leaning on comicish. Thor's bulging veins are a little strange.
Spider-Man - I don't know if you mean the character or Superior Spider-Man. I don't know much about either. I just started reading the character. Ultimate seems to be a popular place to get into him. Opinions on Superior have been very mixed, but I have no right to talk about it. If you didn't know, Peter Parker isn't Spidey in this one.
JLA Series, X-Men, Nightwing - I haven't read these. Most people seem to dislike JLA Dark.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Batman is great, I'd reccomend Deadpool.... I've heard only good things about Thor! Have fun reading.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Try out some Image or Valiant titles.

Saga, Invincible, X-O Manowar, Bloodshot, etc.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

@concust: Like @dagmar_merrill said, Batman is great. Not one of my favorites but still a good read. And the current Zero Year arc would be a great place to start. Green Arrow and Daredevil have also been outstanding.

Eric8a92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uber

A series that takes place during WW2 where the Nazis unleash superpowered soldiers. Eventually, the other nations get their hands on the power and create their own. By far, one of (if not the) best series I've ever read. It's still pretty new. They're on issue eight right now I believe.

VoodooPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By VoodooPenguin
Eric8a92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By batman922

Pick up the Sage trades, there are 2 volumes out right now with a third coming out next year

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

^This. Don't just stick to Marvel and DC. I recommend anything from Valiant but especially X-O Manowar and Quantum & Woody. Check these hardcovers from Valiant you might be interested in. They are great deals.

http://www.amazon.com/X-O-Manowar-HC-Robert-Venditti/dp/193934610X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1388203817&sr=1-1&keywords=X-O+Manowar

http://www.amazon.com/Harbinger-Deluxe-Edition-Volume-HC/dp/1939346134/ref=pd_sim_b_1

http://www.amazon.com/Bloodshot-Deluxe-Edition-Book-HC/dp/1939346215/ref=pd_sim_b_1

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By Fallschirmjager
Avatar image for allstarsuperman1
AllStarHit-Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This, also read TMNT and Earth 2

concust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the ideas guys. Deffinitly gonna check some of these out

Avatar image for themarvelfanboy
TheMarvelFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Letter 44 is pretty good so far. And a TV series is in the works. Id hop on the bandwagon early if I were you. Lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

First arc of Justice League Dark was the best. Under Lemire it's still good but more of your basic superhero book. It's been more magic oriented under DeMatteis and better, IMO.

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

afterlife with archie.

Hanson724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with everyone else about checking out something other than the big 2. Valiant first volumes are only $10 and they're great.

Shadowman

Bloodshot

Harbinger

XO Manowar

From Image check out

Saga

Sheltered

and East of West

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If you want a good Valiant series that you don't need to buy a lot of issues for, you should give Unity a look (only two issues so far).

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

Invincible- my favourite book at the moment