#1 Edited by THORSON (2040 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always wondered...

what do they do? what are their actual powers? how do they fight people? do they use water attacks like in pokemon?

#2 Edited by BlackWind (4113 posts) - - Show Bio

And why didn't you just look on their profiles?

#3 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7260 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson:

There both kings of there respected Atlantis(s)

Neither of them are water kinetics if that's what you're asking.

I'm not sure what all there powers are but they're very similar, and all of Aquaman's abilities are stronger then Namor's

You might want to look at the powers section to the right of there character page for all there abilities.

#4 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (4717 posts) - - Show Bio

namor came before aquaman

#5 Edited by BlackWind (4113 posts) - - Show Bio

Like BFJ said, both Aquaman and Namor are super strong, fast, enduring, and other things. Only some versions of Aquaman are hydrokinetic. The Ultimate version of Namor is though, I believe. And they fight people by punching them in the face and asserting their dominance, that's how.

#6 Edited by joshmightbe (24106 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor came first, he also flew before Superman could

#7 Edited by God_Spawn (36014 posts) - - Show Bio

Google is your friend. And so are the character profiles on a comic site that explain virtually every character's powers. Or maybe try reading their comics. This thread is rather irrelevant since you're asking for very general statements that are answered on this site and other wikis.

#8 Posted by sinestro_GL (3008 posts) - - Show Bio

namor came before aquaman

That's not what the OP asked...and it doesn't really matter.

#9 Posted by THORSON (2040 posts) - - Show Bio

And why didn't you just look on their profiles?

it doesn't help. i need more of a direct explanation from people.

#10 Edited by THORSON (2040 posts) - - Show Bio

Google is your friend. And so are the character profiles on a comic site that explain virtually every character's powers. Or maybe try reading their comics. This thread is rather irrelevant since you're asking for very general statements that are answered on this site and other wikis.

it didn't help that's why i'm asking on here.

#11 Posted by The Stegman (20871 posts) - - Show Bio

-Super strength

-Enhanced durability

-Can breathe underwater and survive at extreme depths

-Aquaman can telepathically signal for marine life to aid him (I think at one point, Namor could to, but he never uses it)

-Both swim really fast

-Namor can fly due to lil ankle wings (which look silly imo)

-Aquaman can leap tall buildings in a single bound

-Both have tridents

#12 Edited by RideASpaceCowboy (491 posts) - - Show Bio

While his was arguably the best ongoing series during Ivan Reis' run, the New 52 missed a great opportunity to expand Aquaman's powerset a bit. In addition to his current abilities and the much needed hydrokinesis, I would have loved Aquaman to have a connection to the "Blue" in the same way that Swamp-Thing has a connection to the Green and Animal Man a connection to the Red, allowing him to mimic the attributes of any sea creature; just imagine him channeling a pistol shrimp!

#13 Edited by BlackWind (4113 posts) - - Show Bio

<p>@RideASpaceCowboy: Personally I find the idea of Aquaman mimicing sea life powers to be incredibly stupid. Any new powers he receives, shoukd come from his trident. And I am still immensely pissed he doesn't have Poseidon's anymore.</p>

#14 Posted by Rheged (619 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure what all there powers are but they're very similar, and all of Aquaman's abilities are stronger then Namor's

LOL! No.

Namor is far stronger physically and he can fly. Only Aquaman's telepathic abilities with sea life are stronger than Namor's.

#15 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7260 posts) - - Show Bio

@rheged:

No, I'm pretty sure Aquaman is stronger.

Some scans of Namor doing stuff more impressive then this might sway me though.

Like stopping a ship from crashing into the shore in a massive storm at what looks like around 17.

And pulling a huge fishing boat through another massive sea storm.

Or, lifting up a cruise ship which weigh anywhere from 30,000 tons to 220,000 tons.

Actually he might be just tipping it but that's still a pretty impressive feat.

Oh, also:

#16 Posted by Teerack (4554 posts) - - Show Bio

How can you always wonder about something so easily answered?

#17 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7260 posts) - - Show Bio

@rheged said:
@battle_forum_junkie said:

LOL! No.

Namor is far stronger physically and he can fly. Only Aquaman's telepathic abilities with sea life are stronger than Namor's.

I think you may be thinking of classic Aquaman.

If so I think you're right about Namor being stronger, but New 52 Aquaman? No.

#18 Edited by Rheged (619 posts) - - Show Bio

@rheged:

No, I'm pretty sure Aquaman is stronger.

Some scans of Namor doing stuff more impressive then this might sway me though.

like stopping a ship from crashing into the shore in a massive storm at what looks like around 17.

You mean a yacht. Storms make Namor stronger.

And pulling a huge fishing boat through another massive sea storm.

Fishing boats aren't huge, and it looks like a tug boat.

Or, lifting up a cruise ship which weigh anywhere from 30,000 tons to 220,000 tons.

Actually he might be just tipping it but that's still a pretty impressive feat.

Tipping a cruise boat as opposed to LIFTING filled oil tankers and destroyers? Or an island, like Utopia?

@rheged said:
@battle_forum_junkie said:

LOL! No.

I think you may be thinking of classic Aquaman.

If so I think you're right about Namor being stronger, but New 52 Aquaman? No.

Yes, the way Aquaman has been for 65+ years, NOT the way he's been for what, a year and a half, in a rebooted universe. And even then, he's still hasn't proven as strong as Namor, who regularly fights the heavyweights of Marvel like the Hulk.

Here's a feat list for Namor someone made with scans:

The_Feat_List_of_the_Sub-Mariner

#19 Posted by novi_homines (1321 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle_forum_junkie: No Rghed is right, Namor is definitely stronger. He's had some intense battles with powerhouses such as the hulk. This video sums up their powers beautifully for you and the OP @thorson

#20 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7260 posts) - - Show Bio

@rheged:

Okay, I was mistaking then. Sorry about that, and thanks for clearing it up. I still like Aquaman better though. :)

And I still say he doesn't talk to fish, it's a telepathic thing. :P

Thanks for the video, @novi_homines:. It was great.

#21 Edited by BlackWind (4113 posts) - - Show Bio

Even though I don't particularly care for Namor and like Aquaman, I'm fully aware Namor is physically stronger. Though neither would stomp the other. They are both powerful and both badasses.

#22 Edited by New_World_Order (11247 posts) - - Show Bio

Even though I don't particularly care for Namor and like Aquaman, I'm fully aware Namor is physically stronger. Though neither would stomp the other. They are both powerful and both badasses.

Recently Namor doesn't seem to strong.

#23 Posted by Rheged (619 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool video, @novi_homines , thanks for posting it. He left a few things out but it seems mostly right. I had no idea that Aquaman could swim that fast. I know Namor is pretty fast, as he's made whirlpools and can make himself into a human drill, but apparently Aquaman is twice as fast.

@rheged:

Okay, I was mistaking then. Sorry about that, and thanks for clearing it up. I still like Aquaman better though. :)

And I still say he doesn't talk to fish, it's a telepathic thing. :P

Thanks for the video, @novi_homines:. It was great.

NP. A lot of people forget, that Namor was Timely's answer to Superman. Until Marvel created the Hulk, he was their undisputed strongest character.

#24 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7260 posts) - - Show Bio

@rheged:

Wow. learn something new every day, I guess.

#25 Posted by joshmightbe (24106 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Namor has fought on near even ground with several Marvel heavy hitters like Hulk