Name a Villain more suited for another Superhero.

Bierschneeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Bierschneeman

OK we all have lists, and mine is quite large, which villains have NO reason to be attatched to their respected protagonists, or just don't really fit.

Just by naming a villain, doesn't mean the villain isn't good, on the contrary, most of them are quite awesome, but there must be a better superhero to face down the villain.

name the villain, maybe a why, and than a better suited Superhero or protagnist.

I have a LARGE list, but ill only list a few. in order

1. Mr. Mxyzptlk - This so does not belong as a Superman villain too silly, I'd say this is a MUCH Better Bugs Bunny Villain, and as far as I can tell, IT WAS. in 1943 Warner Brothers released, Falling Hare with a Gremlin harrying our beloved hare, in 1944 Superman issue no. 30 featured Mr. Mxyptlk for the first time, which was fairly similar in mannerisms. since then we have seen; Marvin the Martian, the Great Gazoo, The Impossible Man, and many others with a similar personality or plot device

2. Venom- and really all the Simbiotes they are just not right for spiderman, too creepy, too scifi, too grotesque and brutal. really belongs as a Superman Villain, or maybe the Fantastic Four or Stormwatch, green Lantern would also be good or any other hero that has a reason to be battling Aliens just not Spiderman, Its always bugged me.

3. Ra's Al Ghul - and the League of Assassins, ok this is where I bite my lip, Although I like the other two a lot, I like this one as a Batman villain a lot, but it doesn't change the fact that he doesn't belong, as a batman villain. he's too old, too ancient, always dragging Batman halfway across the globe, to some ancient ruin of some lost civilization filled with artifacts from bygone days, still being used today, even the whole global conspiracy thing isn't really batman. He and his league would be a perfect Indiana Jones Villain... but if we want to bring him into comics, Carter Hal (hawkman the Archeologist) would be a good one as well (or any archeologist or musem curator superheroes) for the more global threat, I think Justice League (pick one, they all fit) or maybe Stormwatch on a slow day

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

The Riddler should be an enemy of The Question. Think about it...their conversations would never end and he'd never be able to fight any other crime!

Trigon never made sense as a Teen Titans villain (except for the obvious connection). I'd rather he be used as a villain of the JLD's or just Constantine.

Mxyzptlk is 10 times cooler than Superman, btw. :)

No Caption Provided

SuperSlayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Lex Luthor - Let's face it, he's horribly mismatched against Superman. I think he's an obvious counterpart for Batman. They are both rich, tech savvy and crazy smart. They could be rivals in industry and in villainy.

Thats all I got right now. I know its obvious but my brain is fried at the moment

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Kraven the Hunter is more suited for Ka-Zar.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

Lex Luthor - Let's face it, he's horribly mismatched against Superman. I think he's an obvious counterpart for Batman. They are both rich, tech savvy and crazy smart. They could be rivals in industry and in villainy.

Really? I always felt that Lex was the perfect match for Superman, because essentially, Lex is Superman.

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By mightyrearranger

@sinestro_gl: @superslayin: I remember an arc from Grant Morrison's run on JLA where Lex formed the Injustice Gang, took over the Watchtower via a combination of Dr. Light and Mirror Master's tech and then Bruce counters by making a phone call and buying out Mirror Master's services from right under Lex's nose. Pretty funny moment and probably how all their showdowns would end.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Ah ah, nice idea for a thread. I disagree on Luthor, for all the amazing and compelling reasons made by Azzarello in "Lex Luther: The Man of Stell". He is mismatched but I see it as a main point of their relationship. But of course everyone has their opinion.

Let's see... I never thought about it that well, but sometimes I see a villain in a story and think: "oh no, another arc with this guy...", which is the feeling that may give rise to this thread.

I never much liked the new Hellfire club against Wolverine and the X-men. They are not that compelling and, after all the x-men have faced, these super-smart kids already played their best hand. Also, it's not like there are these many rules that stop them from disposing of the club: if one day they become really dangerous, they could just wipe their mind a little or scare them shitless.
If I have absolutely to think of a suited opponent... mmmh, not that easy. I don't like them, so I don't really see them like a compelling antagonist for anybody. Someone a little more mundane and less "global" than the oldest group of mutants around. Like a marvel knight, say Moonknight or even Daredevil: they could move the challenge to a politic/economic scheme and he could face them as moth Daredevil and Matt Murdock.

I agree with the Trigon thing. I still haven't finished that pracise arc but I see him and his sons against the Teen Titans and think... uhhh, ok. There is the link with Raven, of course, but if that wasn't there, Trigon would be very ill suited.
I could see him face off against the JL Dark or Wonder Woman by herself. Maybe the Phantom Stranger in some way.

Also, I think that by now, the way he changed throughout the stories, I like Norman Nosborn better as an Iron Man villain than a Spiderman villain. I know it's not very arguable, it's just my personal preference.

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Riddler would be freakin' awesome for Spider-Man...

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toyman as a Batman villain

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I completely agree with the idea of the Riddler being a Question(pre 52) villain. The conversations they'd have could be likely both hilarious and turning.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kraven the Hunter as a Black Panther Villian.

Deathstroke a Nightwing or Batman villian.

Toyman a Batman Villian

Barrage a Batman Villian

Lady Shiva a Shang Chi villian

Rhino a Thing Villian

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd always thought the Scarecrow would be a perfect Green Lantern villain. He doesn't have enough non-superpowered villains. Sometimes a normal guy can be just as threatening... especially when he knows how to manipulate Hal's big weakness. I could see big arcs where he becomes the most notorious Lantern killer, getting a lot of the lower tier guys to fall for his stuff.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've always seen Deadshot affiliated with Batman though I would've loved to see him go against Roy & Oliver.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

Kraven the Hunter as a Black Panther Villian.

That actually makes perfect sense to me.

Bierschneeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

Thanks yall, glad you liked the thread,

I like all your answers, I think they are fine just fine. In particular Riddler vs Question never occured to me sounds awesome, BUT I loved the whole Riddler as a Spiderman Villain, I think that would be Amazing, speaking of Batman, I think we all get a sense that Toyman should be a Batman Villain, and I think other than Kraven the Hunter, that seems to be the most posted Villain.

keep em coming...

OHH heres one more... Mephisto as a Spiderman villain.... first of all this would be called Spite on the Battle Forums, second of all, He's magic, like reeeeeaallly magic, no reason for spiderman to fight him, this should be a strong magic user villain, Like Dr. Fate, or Strange if we wanted to keep it a marvel thing.

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trigon as a JLA villain.

Husk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grodd, as a Flash villain, its AMAZING.... especially with the "made a monkey out of...." jokes (they never get old) but we can do two things, bring in a Hero FROM the same continent, (ie. Storm, Black Panther, Batwing before Luke Fox) or we can make it a battle of wits, with a smarter character.... I know battle of wits is more hilarious when the superhero is unarmed... b u t it would make it interesting

The Joker (silverage) as a Flash villain would be cool.... Copper Age.... too gruesome and dark.

Avatar image for teddy_the_god_killer
teddy_the_god_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man against Doom, that would be very heavy indeed.

Superman against Juggernaught.

Batman against Red Skull.