Mystery Character on Cataclysm #4 Cover REVEALED!

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By kidchipotle

Source is Comicbookresource:

Although it seems to have slipped by somewhat unnoticed, this week's issue of "Cataclysm: Ultimate X-Men"#3 showcased the full cover for Brian Michael Bendis and Mark Bagley's "Cataclysm: The Ultimates' Last Stand" #4, which previously featured a blacked-out character in Marvel's January 2014 Solicitations. (The cover is also currently available in full on Marvel.com.) Revealed to be Ultimate Captain America, the character doesn't appear to be in great shape, especially given the issue's solicitation text, which reads, "To save a universe, a hero must die!!!"

While Captain America doesn't appear to be in the immediate plans for the post-"Cataclysm" Ultimate line, Marvel has used misdirection before in its cover images and solicitation text, especially when it comes to blacked-out characters. For example, there was a big reveal of X-23 kissing Cyclops on the "All-New X-Men" #20 cover, but when the issue hit stands, there was no kiss to be found in the actual issue -- and barely even any romantic undertones between the two.

Regardless, as an Ultimate Universe staple, Ultimate Cap is likely to play some kind of role in the "Cataclysm" endgame, but whether or not he survives Galactus' assault on Earth is anyone's guess -- although, the cover doesn't exactly paint a hopeful picture.

Check out the final "Cataclysm" #4 cover and original solicitation text below. The issue hits stores January 29.

No Caption Provided

Seems like Ultimate Cap might be meeting his ultimate demise. I sure hope not but what are your thoughts on this everyone?

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I blame France

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I blame France

Honestly, that was one of my favorite lines in all of the UU when he balled out France. So great.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Thanks Obama.