My Top 10 Comic Book Fights

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

So I was on youtube and stumbled upon the Watchmojo Top 10 superhero fights and lets just say I was unimpressed. I really didn't like the list so instead complaining about, I'm making my own more improved list.

I'm going to follow similar rules to the watchmojo video, except expand it to comic book fights in general and actually try to make sure the fights are even. The other rules I'm following is for the most part 1v1 fights, so no big battle scenes like in the Avengers.

Here's the video if anybody is curious ^^^^^^

11. Hulk vs Abomination (The Incredible Hulk 2008)

(sorry about the bad quality but its manageable) For two bricks duking it out, I was actually surprised this fight was as good as it is. To me, two bricks fighting can can get kinda boring and uncreative, but this is one of the exceptions. They got the fighters to be a little resourceful and allowed them to use a police car as boxing gloves(pretty cool!) and that anchor and chain thing. I also loved that mini chase scene between Hulk, Abomination, and Ross.

Its weird for some people to see someone be an almost an exact clone of Hulk running around but I was glad they were able to get Abomination back to being one of Hulk's rivals in strength again which is another reason why I like this fight.

10. Iron Man vs Aldrich Killian (Iron Man 3 2013)

(Really sorry about the crappy quality) It was nice to see Iron Man actually have a good final fight in his own movie. Whiplash and Iron Monger couldn't provide that because Iron Man was simply too powerful even when weakened. It was awesome seeing these two duke it out, I especially loved the way they added Iron Man ejecting from his armor during the fight. I thought that was a cool addition and thought Aldrich was a very awesome and worthy opponent. It just goes to show you that raw power can't match quick wits as Tony is able to handle Aldrich with his weaker armors.

Also despite the fact many people don't like this movie, this still was a good fight.

9. Thor vs Malekith (Thor 2 2013)

Pretty awesome fight. The warping allowed to be awesome and unique out off all the fights on the list.

8. Superman vs Faora and some other dude who's name I don't know (Man of Steel 2013)

(To think the quality actually got worse) An awesome fight scene that I was surprised with in different ways. The moments with Superman fighting Faora and the other guy were awesome but too bad there wasn't more of that. The stupid military had to get in the way and disrupt fighting or cause a distraction which annoyed me. I really liked the seeing all the kryptonians duke it out and seeing them go 100 feet after being punched which is why this fight had so much more potential and could've been better which is why this is 8.

On a side note, it was weird seeing Superman having no care in the world about the destruction he caused to smallville but this doesn't affect its ranking because I care more about the fight than context.

7. Spider Man vs Doc Ock-Bank fight ( Spider Man 2 2004)

Arguably one of the best Spidey fights for action and allowing Spidey to actually be a little comical. It wasn't much but I still love "Here's your change!". I always love seeing both Spidey and Doc Ock fight because it almost always produces an awesome fight like this one. Seeing Spidey and Doc Ock go back and forth and get tossed around is awesome even with Aunt May in peril. An very good fight but not the best Spidey vs Doc Ock yet....

On a side note, I thought it would've been funny if Aunt May saw Doc Ock as the good guy and Spider Man as the bad guy in this fight. It would've been a funny reference to the comics.

6. Optimus Prime vs Megatron, Starscream, and Grindor-Forest Battle (Transformers 2 2009)

"You'll never stop at one! I'll take you all on!" Optimus Prime is such a badass in these movies, even against 3 Decepticons he manages to clobber all of them which can be boring to him. Even when the odds are against him, Optimus still manages to find a way to overcome the 3 Decepticons and be awesome doing it. Its much better seeing Optimus cut loose in this movie as opposed to the first movie where he held back against Megatron. I also love the way Optimus starts smacking Starscream with his own and ripping apart Grinders head. Although Megatron wins via cheap shot, it still does not diminish the awesomeness of this fight.

5. Thor vs Iron Man (The Avengers 2012)

The best fight scene out of the best Superhero movie ever. I know some people might think the fight should be higher but I personally think it belongs here. This is such a cool fight between 2 of some of Marvel's most popular heroes. Even without his hammer and Iron Man's power boost, Thor is able to give Iron Man an awesome fight. Iron Man is able to out show off his wits and prove why he is a hero to be reckoned with and Thor is able to deliver the beat down on Iron Man, literally! An awesome fight that has to be broken up by Cap unfortunately.

On a side note, the watchmojo video said that there's a huge rivalry between Thor and Iron Man which ticked me off a bit because there is no rivalry at all whatsoever.

4. Spiderman vs New Goblin-1st fight (Spiderman 3 2007)

An underrated and somewhat forgotten fight in my opinion. This is the kinda fight we should've gotten from Spiderman and Green Goblin in the first film which is why its so awesome. Harry gets full use of the glider, his gadgets and superhuman abilities to match a reluctant to fight Spider Man. I thought the part where Spider Man starts swinging around the Chrysler building (just naming the building with the pole on top), Peter shooting and tossing the razor bombs and seeing Harry drag Spiderman across those buildings were awesome.

The only part I didn't like was how Spider Man defeated Harry, I just feel like Harry could survive the fall and keep going but it still was an awesome fight.

I know people wish to forget this movie but this still was an awesome fight.

3. Optimus Prime vs Sentinel Prime vs Megatron (Transformers 3 2011)

(Yeah, another bad but manageable video) "It's not over!" The best Transformers fight scene in my opinion and for good reason. Optimus and Sentinel are so evenly matched and its awesome to watch them duke it out and hear the commentary. They had such awesome voices for the two which is another reason why its so good. The fight scene was so well done and I especially love the ending, you finally get to see Megatron stand up to Sentinel after he was accurately said by Carly "Sentinel's Bitch". The way Megatron wa able to trash Sentinel was so cool. The way Optimus killed Megatron was also pretty cool even if it was somewhat out of character for Optimus. Optimus somewhat struggled with killing Sentinel earlier on in the fight but he was finally able to get his revenge and win this awesome fight.

2. Superman vs General Zod-Final Fight (Man of Steel 2013)

A pretty awesome fight seeing Zod and Superman go all out in Metropolis. Very cool seeing both punch each other through buildings, the super jumps and heat vision. I really like the camera angle of some of Superman's punches and flying around during this fight. The fight itself was awesome seeing them punch or tackle several hundred feet. A very cool fight but what probably what keeps it from being #1 is the ending. Its little bit Superman killing Zod but mainly the fact after all that flying around, this is the time Zod decides to sit and be still.

On a side note, Superman's complete disregard for Metropolis is somewhat disturbing. His battle with Zod had to kill at least one person.

1. Spiderman vs Doc Ock-Train Fight (Spider Man 2 2004)

Yeah, this is my #1 and its not some villains monologue. This fight is just so awesome which is why it's still my favorite and top fight of all time. The fighting all over the train is so cool and unique, it allows both fighters to gets advantages and some hits in. Doc Ock is able get a train to hit Spider Man, toss him around, and even knock him off the train with a surprise attack. I really like the part when they start duking it out on the side of the train, its just so cool. One of my favorite parts of the entire fight is when Doc throws the clock hand and Spider Man throws it right back, it was awesome. This is my #1 for having consistent action, an awesome fight and one of the best overall, and just being awesome!

Feel free to leave suggestions that I might of missed or your own top 10.

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I'm digging it

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Good work! Some very fun fights here.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

1. Superman vs Zod

2. Superman vs Faora, Non

3. Hit-Girl, Kick-Ass vs Frank Demico, Redmist

4. Scott Pilgrim vs Gideon Graves

5. Ironman vs Thor

6. Crimson Bolt, Bolty vs Jacques and his men

7. Optimos Prime vs Megatron

8. Wesley Gibson vs the Fraternity

9. Batman vs Ras Al Gul

10. Green Hornet, Kato vs Bloodnofski and his men

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm digging it

Thanks!

Good work! Some very fun fights here.

Thanks!

1. Superman vs Zod

5. Ironman vs Thor

9. Batman vs Ras Al Gul

Pretty good list

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

hulk vs abom is my top fight

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Superman vs Zod

5. Ironman vs Thor

9. Batman vs Ras Al Gul

No Spider-Man Train Fight? Wow.

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman said:

1. Superman vs Zod

5. Ironman vs Thor

9. Batman vs Ras Al Gul

No Spider-Man Train Fight? Wow.

Eh, to each his own. I personally find with powers fights more exciting than regular humans.

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cfrehse said:

hulk vs abom is my top fight

Do you have a 2-10?

Maniac2312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Well, I was looking for comic "book" fights, but these movie ones are good to :)

I have yet to watch Avengers, IM3, and MoS (yea, my rock is pretty heavy), but I know the rest of the fights are good.

Thanks for the clips.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Lol the Spidy/Ock bank fight hahaha

HERE'S YOUR CHANGE!!!

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#11  Edited By batmannflash

Wait so you're only doing movies? So I guess I can't put Avengers Okay in my opinion,

1. Superman vs Zod (MoS)

2. Spider-Man vs Doc Ock (train) (SM2)

3. Superman vs Faora/Non (MoS)

4. Iron Man vs Thor (Avengers)

5. Batman vs SWAT (TDK)

6. Wolverine kitchen fight (X2)

7. Spider-Man vs Ock (bank) (SM2)

8. Big Daddy warehouse fight (Kick-Ass)

9. Batman vs Bane (either one) (TDKR)

10. Spider-Man vs Lizard (at school) (TASM)

I liked Spider-Man vs Sandman in Spider-Man 3. I wanted to put Thor vs Frost Giants since Thor basically soloed but others were fighting alongside him so I didn't count it.

Notables: Hal Jordan vs Parallax and Silver Surfer vs Galactus (I'M KIDDING FOR BOTH, don't kill me)

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I was looking for comic "book" fights, but these movie ones are good to :)

I have yet to watch Avengers, IM3, and MoS (yea, my rock is pretty heavy), but I know the rest of the fights are good.

Thanks for the clips.

Yeah, I know realize I should've been more specific. You're missing out because those are good movies, at least in my opinion.

Wait so you're only doing movies? So I guess I can't put Avengers Okay in my opinion,

1. Superman vs Zod (MoS)

2. Spider-Man vs Doc Ock (train) (SM2)

3. Superman vs Faora/Non (MoS)

4. Iron Man vs Thor (Avengers)

5. Batman vs SWAT (TDK)

6. Wolverine kitchen fight (X2)

7. Spider-Man vs Ock (bank) (SM2)

8. Big Daddy warehouse fight (Kick-Ass)

9. Batman vs Bane (either one) (TDKR)

10. Spider-Man vs Lizard (at school) (TASM)

I liked Spider-Man vs Sandman in Spider-Man 3. I wanted to put Thor vs Frost Giants since Thor basically soloed but others were fighting alongside him so I didn't count it.

Notables: Hal Jordan vs Parallax and Silver Surfer vs Galactus (I'M KIDDING FOR BOTH, don't kill me)

Lol, not the dust cloud!

Yeah, its only movies and I tried to follow similar rules to the watchmojo video by keeping the fights for the most part even. Thor vs the frost giants is cool but pretty one-sided for Thor.

Nice list btw :)

@cfrehse said:

@norrinboltagonprime21: yes im editing a video for it now lol

Feel free to show me when you're finished, I'd like to see it.

Maniac2312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers