My Thoughts on Kick-Ass

spideybigtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By spideybigtime

I liked Kick-Ass 2.There I said it.A lot of people would disagree though and call the second installment in the real life superhero series vulgar,too violent,and played for shock value most of the time.In my opinion Kick Ass 2 is just as good as the first installment and here's why:

When Mark Millar's Kick Ass first came out a lot of comic book fans loved it.Why? Because it was about a concept that most of us have thought about at least once throughout our lives:what would it be like to become a superhero in real life?And Millar gave us that fantasy and put it as realistically as he could into the pages.Things like Dave getting almost killed during his first encounter was an example of what would most likely happen to any person that went out and tried this,but Millar went beyond that creating new heroes with makeshift costumes and people who were honestly trying to be like superheroes.The story was probably as realistic as it could be(with a few bumps in the road),and that's why we liked it so much.Then,when Kick Ass 2 came out we were all excited and ready for another realistic portrayal of superheroes in real life.And that's exactly what we got,not a comic playing for shock value,and a lot of fans didn't like that.I think though that realistically life isn't like how comic books and comic book movies end and that's exactly what Millar was trying to show.If you go out there and become a superhero and inspire this wave of good superheroes,you're going to get bad super villains too who like the Mother$%^&** isn't going to just kidnap your girlfriend or your dad or let the police know ahead of time that times square is going to be attacked unless if they give him a million dollars within one hour.No,in real life villains are going to do whatever they want no matter how absurd it is and that's exactly what happened in Kick Ass 2.The police in real life wouldn't accept vigilantes which is exactly why Hit-Girl was sent to prison even though she was a major part in stopping the chaos within Times Square.If a person falls off of a roof they're not going to walk away from it with a few bruises like in the comic books,they're going to be critically injured.Kick Ass 2 was supposed to be a realistic portrayal of what would happen after something like the first installment then and in my opinion Millar followed through.Kick Ass 3 is also following through on the realistic aspect of the series.Another thing that I think is cool and that I would like to point out is that when you look at it from a wide perspective Kick Ass is very similar to the Batman trilogy.In Batman Begins, Batman started out with no one taking him seriously but as he took down more and more criminals,thugs,and gangsters people started to recognize him more and more until by the end of the story everyone knew his name just like Kick Ass.In The Dark Knight, Batman was given a villain who was all about chaos and causing it wherever he went and damaged Batman both mentally and physically which is like what what basically happened to Kick Ass in the second installment.Now I look at Kick Ass 3 as The Dark Knight Rises since Dave's trying to make a comeback from this big defeat at the end of the second installment by trying to put Justice Forever back together while a new villain who wants to take over his city in starting to enter the events of the story.Anyways that's just my two cents.Thanks for reading and comment your thoughts below! :)

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I agree I loved the films. Havent read Kickass 2

Avatar image for hillbillymorangie
HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Umm my biggest issue is that I love the graphic novels and am excited about kick ass 3... But the films diverted from the books so much there could never be a film if kickass 3 :) other then that it was good