My thoughts on how fast Goku can run

Avatar image for deactivated-63c1a72900876
deactivated-63c1a72900876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Well, my circles know I am a big DB fan as well as most fiction in general. I love DBZ and Marvel, DC and other fun things like that. I'm a nerd, no doubt. So, I've been challenged to prove that Goku can run at Light Speed and that his light speed status in DB was non existent.

Snake way is 1 million KM long ( for the sake of it I'm using miles an hour so this only works in benefit of Goku )

Goku took months to run it from beginning to end with a power level of 400 the first time he died. If Goku could move at light speed during the Dragon Ball Era, he could make the entire trip in a fraction of a second. It took him months.

On the return trip, his power level was 8000 maxed and it took him around 28 hours. Which means he clocks in at a running / flight speed of 35,700 miles an hour, or 0.00005% of Lightspeed.

Goku's official power level the first time he turned SSJ1 was 150,000,000, or roughly 18,000x as powerful as he was when he returned from snake way. Goku now is clocked at 669,000,000 or so miles an hour running / flight speed. His combat speed is probably 2-3x that. Despite my feeling that DBZ is one of the most inconsistent series around, i neither fully accept this or deny it depite the numbers adding up so perfectly. Why? Well in the Buu Saga Goku and Vegeta were trying to outfly Buu's deathball attack and failed to pick up Piccolo and Gohan before impact. After an entire conversation and Goku's inability to use Instant Transmission properly, they only had time to pick up Hercule. There are many events like this that go against the numbers.

The creators of DBZ purposely set up the power levels so that Goku upon his SSJ transformation became almost exactly a lightspeed player.

Whiss in Battle of Gods can fly across interstellar space and potentially across multiple galaxies in roughly 28 minutes.

If you go by the official super saiyan power level standards, which dont make sense, Goku's speed looks like this.

First encounter with Vegeta = 35,700 miles an hour running speed

SSJ1 = Just shy of Lightspeed

SSJ2 = double light speed

SSJ3 = 8x light speed

SSJ4 = 80x light speed

SSJ4 Gogeta = 160x Light speed

SSJG and Bills = Unknown

Whiss = Able to fly across much more than 100,000 light year distances in only 28 minutes.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice.

Beata

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah it is hard to get everybody to agree on a set speed for Goku due to inconsistencies. I think he should be pretty damn fast since in Dragon Ball Krillin and Roshi were moving too fast for humans to see. Goku as an adult in Z should be many many times faster than that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No doubt they were all mach speed, as General Tao proved but nobody in the DB era was even close to light speed. And it is incredible that given the only actual speed evidence ever given in the series outside of Roshi 100 meter dash in 5.8 seconds, that Goku's speed is literally the same as light speed. The writers set it up that way purposely knowing that goku ran snake way in 28 hours with a power level of 8000. However, when scaled up to 150,000,000 as his SSJ1 official power level was, and considering that double the power level = double the speed, Goku's speed is literally identical to light speed, 670,000,000 miles an hour. This is not cooinsidence. It was purposely set up that way. :)

Also, I don't really believe that double the power level always equals double the speed, as Ultra Super Saiyan Trunks and Super Perfect Cell proved, sacrificing speed for excessive strength and ki output with a higher power level. From a numbers game, you cannot deny that Goku was purposely written to be EXACTLYlightspeed at SSJ1. What bugs me here is how Screw Attack Calculated this speed thing. I am shocked by their numbers. Using the EXACT SAME FACTS they did with a simple calculator, I was able to get these correct numbers that are so different from Screw Attacks. It is really insane that anyone cant use a calulator and that screw attack did such a terrible job. I'm not a Goku fanboy either, Im a fan for sure but there is no denying these calulations. Glad a few of you thought they were good and acceptable. I made no assumptions and only used factual information. :D

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im not that great at Math so all I see are just numbers but... I think we can all agree...

Goku is still slower than Flash

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By buttersdaman000

I'm saying lightspeed at max and leaving it at that. Anything beyond that requires too much ABC logic, interpretation, and conjecture based arguments. With a little wiggle room, light speed is fair enough.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, I don't agree that power levels and feats are linear, IE double the power level = double the speed or power. But, the numbers literally add up to perfection. Whoever wrote the dragonball power levels designed it so that Goku at SSJ1 during the Freeza Fight was able to run at Light speed. While, the series itself is VERY inconsisten and clearly shows otherwise, the numbers are not really at all debatable since they are all official and based on factual information. Based on the factual information, Freeza and SSJ1 Goku are exactly light speed capable. Based on what was actually seen in the series, even SSJ2 Vegeta and Goku are nowhere near Lightspeed. So, its inconsistent beyond reason. But, the numbers do add up perfectly.