My Thoughts on Dick

NessaXVI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By NessaXVI

I love Dick….Grayson. I love Nightwing more though. DC is definitely not wrong for testing the waters and switching things up with one of their most notable characters. After all, let’s call a spade a spade…this isn’t the first time Richard Grayson has changed roles. He wasn’t always Nightwing. He used to be Robin. But still, Robin and Nightwing fall under the same superhero umbrella, so there wasn’t much of a diversion there. Dick as a blonde spy though? Ummmmm……No. The idea doesn’t sit well with me because as I stated before, I love Nightwing. With this new book, Nightwing doesn’t exist. However, you shouldn’t knock something until you’ve tried it, right? With that being said, I read the preview that was in the back of every DC book, and I haven’t read the first issue of Grayson. Sorry. I’m not sold. The idea that Nightwing is nonexistent in the DC Universe bothers me.

What are your thoughts?

XVI

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

.........Dickhead.

I'm sorry, I.........I had to.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

It's fine. He clearly has a mission, and once he accomplishes that mission, it's likely he'll return to being Nightwing. Everything eventually returns to some semblance of the status quo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My main problem with this is that i am going to miss seeing dick around the new 52 universe. He's so cut off from everything else now. No more showing up in batman books for chats with Bruce, no more helping out Tim or Barbara or Jason, no nothing. Even worse, this happened right as Batman Eternal started, which uses all bat family characters from Batwing to Red Hood and Batwoman. That's a huge story hes missing out on. He's just been ripped from everything and I think that's a horrible idea. Its also starting to become a cliché that the hero "dies" but doesn't really die and then eventually comes back. Superman, batman, captain America, wolverine, Thor (not really but same principle), now dick too?

I also think him being a spy is a crappy idea but that's beside the point. If this gets good review I'm picking it up in TPB in a year or so when it comes out

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

My thoughts on Dick

Reaction GIF: oh you, smile, Lights

NessaXVI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NessaXVI

@bsaa: Hey...when you get the urge, it's hard to fight it sometimes!

NessaXVI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tree: You're right. My only problem is if they decided to "kill" Nightwing and temporarily "revamp" Dick, they could have done better. A spy? Maybe it's just me, but I think that's pretty lame.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Mrnoital

yeah i read the first issue and i'm not buying it, but he isnt really blonde, that was just a wig

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nessaxvi: said every redhead in the DC universe

NessaXVI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: That's how I feel. You make a great point about the Nightwing cameos. And thanks for the TPB idea. I think I'll do the same.

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dick's a badass now. (even more badass than he was as Nightwing). I love the series. :P

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Spidey_Jackson

Suggestive titles for the win!

Beata

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

I'm fine with it but at the same time I'm operating under the assumption that this series is going to be Dick Grayson's Superior Spider-Man and he'll be back to being Nightwing after issue 30.

I will say for anyone who is a Dick Grayson fan and has doubts about Grayson to give it a few issues because for starters it doesn't cost that much to test the waters and some of the concerns have already been addressed in the first issue (ala him with blonde hair).

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This is an interesting part of Grayson's life , I believe this series will further develop his character . And dick doesn't even have blonde hair , he was wearing a wig. I actually think the blonde hair looked cool. The first issue of Grayson was an 8.5/10 for me so you should atleast give it a try

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*looks at title*

No Caption Provided

Night_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm also gutted he's missing out on Eternal, and that he's unlikely to be turning up in much of the mainstream universe for quite a while, but so long as he's eventually going to return (as Nightwing) then I'm not too worried. Plus the first issue of Grayson was pretty promising, hopefully we'll still see some contact with Batman as the series goes on. We might even get to see Dick and Midnighter team up, assuming they follow standard superhero team up protocol - fight first, team up to face the baddies later :P

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Nice title.

Avatar image for blackhawk000111
blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grayson 1st was solid should try it.Its really good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16
deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL VERY NAICE TITL

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@jayc1324 said:

My main problem with this is that i am going to miss seeing dick around the new 52 universe. He's so cut off from everything else now. No more showing up in batman books for chats with Bruce, no more helping out Tim or Barbara or Jason, no nothing. Even worse, this happened right as Batman Eternal started, which uses all bat family characters from Batwing to Red Hood and Batwoman. That's a huge story hes missing out on. He's just been ripped from everything and I think that's a horrible idea. Its also starting to become a cliché that the hero "dies" but doesn't really die and then eventually comes back. Superman, batman, captain America, wolverine, Thor (not really but same principle), now dick too?

I also think him being a spy is a crappy idea but that's beside the point. If this gets good review I'm picking it up in TPB in a year or so when it comes out

I'm glad,Dick has nothing now. His entire mythos has been gifted over to Jason Todd and Tim Drake even Batman,the former 2 are still amusingly train wrecks ,now he has a chance to recreate a new mythos for himself.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Experio

Funny title and first sentence.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

Nice opening! Even better than DC's advertising campaign for the book (you don't know Dick). I'm not really that fond of Dick missing out of all the Batman stuff coming out this year and really being cut from the rest of the universe. I mean with all the Teen Titans history established as gone that really left the Bat family as the only thing left Nightwing had. Now the Batman family is gone from Dick's life.

I might try the book if I have more money next time I go to the shop though honestly with Justice League United, Flash, and Batgirl already on my pull list. Plus I really want to try Green Arrow (I heard the current team is great and I'm looking forward for the old school approach coming back), the New Suicide Squad, and the Teen Titans. Also Zero Year is finally ending in Batman. I hopped on late because at the time it started the comic shop I went to was always out. When I did hop on it was kinda confusing, not as interesting, and I honestly rather have a current Batman tale than the same old "this is how he started". I wanted something current with the Riddler or something. Now that the Zero Year is finally ending I'm definitely going back to the Batman book.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Old Joke is old.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: he already has his own mythos with tony zucco and everything but I guess this is an opportunity to set himself apart. However I still hate him being separate from everything else

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bait and switch thread? If so, 1/10.

VoodooPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Dick <3

VoodooPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120 said:

No?

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jonez_

@voodoopenguin said:
@jonez120 said:

No?

I love Dick….Grayson.

Hmmm. I think it was and he had you fooled brah.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I was one of the people who were really upset with the announcement of the character's new direction...Dick is my second favorite character...that being said...I really really really liked the first issue of Grayson...Dick still read like Dick throughout the whole issue he just wasn't in his Nightwing outfit....once Lemire leaves Green Arrow I can see this book quickly becoming my new favorite DC book

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

No shame in liking Dick.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

No shame in licking Dick.

You're sick you know that?!

VoodooPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120: He fooled me? No, I knew exactly what he meant by the title. I think only a you and a couple other people didn't get it.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Jonez_

@jonez120: He fooled me? No, I knew exactly what he meant by the title. I think only a you and a couple other people didn't get it.

What is there to get?

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Outside of the obvious pun in the thread's title (not knocking it), I've read the first issue and have kept up to date with previews and I'm okay with it. If there is someone I want to see more of, it's Helena Bertinelli and it looks like she's a huge part of this book (so far).

At least there's still some Dick to be had.

(I keep having to correct myself from typing Valerie instead of Helena. It's freaking me out.)

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

VoodooPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Saw it coming a mile away.

VoodooPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120: I am not replying anymore.

I'm just confused why you said it wasn't a bait and switch thread but then said you got the joke.

But sure, you don't have to reply. Do what you want.