Posted by Night Thrasher (3665 posts) - - Show Bio
#1 Posted by Murder_2120 (115 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like how Ironman stomped the X-Men's greatest villain by himself.

#2 Posted by MadComics (270 posts) - - Show Bio

You suck DonkeyBalls.........JK um never read it so Im just gonna troll and say '' WHY MAYBE''

#3 Posted by Night Thrasher (3665 posts) - - Show Bio

Update: sucks less donkey balls than before, but still sucks donkey balls

#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
@Murder_2120 said:

I don't like how Ironman stomped the X-Men's greatest villain by himself.

I do, that's what SHOULD have happened.
#5 Posted by Night Thrasher (3665 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: Uh...NO. Iron Man vs Man who controls magnetism...Fail. Magneto should be unbelievably powerful...Almost Thor level powerful...Everyone who has nerves is vulnerable to him Iron Man has nanites in his blood stream which operate using electromagnetic pulses, plus the iron in his blood, plus his actual nerves...He shouldn't last a second against Magneto.
#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
@Night Thrasher said:
@Vance Astro: Uh...NO. Iron Man vs Man who controls magnetism...Fail. Magneto should be unbelievably powerful...Almost Thor level powerful...Everyone who has nerves is vulnerable to him Iron Man has nanites in his blood stream which operate using electromagnetic pulses, plus the iron in his blood, plus his actual nerves...He shouldn't last a second against Magneto.
There are feasible ways Iron Man could defeat Magneto.
#7 Posted by Night Thrasher (3665 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: Yes, there are feasible ways to do it. A good writer can come up with feasible ways for any character to beat another...But, what we say was pure PIS. The fact is, Iron Man's suit isn't iron anymore, but he still has loads of it in his bloodstream and his nerves still generate electromagnetic pulses. So, that being said, you have to be really original to come up with a feasible way for that to work.
#8 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

I do not think that it is out of the realm of possibility that Iron man can beat magneto, but how he was defeated felt incredibly anti-climatic and questionable, to me at least. Here are my 5 thoughts on AVX:

• There is no one to root for; the avengers come off as super-cops drunk on power, the x-men start off as sympathetic at first but later come off as idiots as well, and wolverine feels forced and underutilized as "the voice of reason."
  • As someone who was looking forward to see what would happen to Hope ( even though i sadly dislike her very much post second coming) and the phoenix, this feels like a huge bitch slap. Hope does not do anything noteworthy until issue 10, and the avengers feel so crow-barred in to the point that i feels like a distraction to the big picture.
  • Iron Fists connection to the phoenix is just stupid...and also forced.
  • With the exception of Wolverine and the X-men, all of the tie-ins for this event are sloppy messes. Some take place before 2 issues before with no real point to them, some are completely pointless ( AVX versus)
  • Avengers vs X-men to me feels like the equivalent to a movie tie-in game; it is made to cash in for an upcoming product ( Avengers movie) and there is little quality put in it. The fact that marvel wishes to model this event as the standard for their future events just makes me cringe to bloody hell.
#9 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want another hero vs hero event after AVX.

More bad guys, please.

#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
@Night Thrasher said:
@Vance Astro: Yes, there are feasible ways to do it. A good writer can come up with feasible ways for any character to beat another...
That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying the fight in question was written well. 
#11 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5834 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

More bad guys, please.

Agree. I'm getting tired of these heroes vs. heroes events and want more bad guys in the future.

#12 Posted by Daycrawler (553 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

More bad guys, please.

Agree. I'm getting tired of these heroes vs. heroes events and want more bad guys in the future.

So villains versus villains then?

I jest of course. :)

#13 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5834 posts) - - Show Bio

@Daycrawler said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

More bad guys, please.

So villains versus villains then?

I jest of course. :)

LOL!

#14 Posted by PurpleCandy (773 posts) - - Show Bio

Ehh can't be worse than Civil War. What sucks about Civil War is that it came around when I first got into comics and when I saw the title I was thinking "ok so what it talks about superheroes during the American civil war". and I read a bit and I was like "Duude there's like 20 pages of boring political talk when it's going to get fun". I mean c'mon when Heroic Age came after Seige it started off good but then they screwed up.

This is why I like DC better, more simple

#15 Posted by Inverno (13160 posts) - - Show Bio

Surprise, surprise.

#16 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6575 posts) - - Show Bio

I pick it up becuse to I started too from issue 1 to complete the collection. The book does have some fun parts but other than that, it's a dull series.