#1 Posted by BlueArrow (256 posts) - - Show Bio

OK so my theory is that this will be a book similar to Marvel's runaways book, what I mean about that is that this is a team of kids with connections to villians.

Who would be on this team?

Let's start with the already announced leader: Raven, with as we know connections to the demon Trigon.

What other very popular teen heroes are missing from the new 52?

Jackson Hyde: Black Manta's son- popular and a main character in a TV show.

Two other severely missed Bat characters: Spoiler and Cassandra Cain: Daughters of supervillians (Cassandra will probably be Lady Shiva's New 52 sister) either one would fit on the team well.

The only other character that comes to mind fitting these parameters is Kid Devil, who also has a connection to Raven through Trigon.

#2 Posted by SmashBrawler (5633 posts) - - Show Bio

That actually sounds pretty cool!

I don't see Kid Devil in this team though, since I read DCU Presents #13 and it looks like Danny's back at being just a guy in a costume (although it has been implied that it's more than just a costume) and there's no mention of Eddie anywhere in the issue.

#3 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler: it was presented as the Blue Devil and the costume was kind of magical? it had some power

#4 Posted by SmashBrawler (5633 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy: My guess is that the costume will end up bonding with him like in the old DCU.

#5 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool idea. Glad Raven's back in the DCNU.

#6 Posted by grenade728 (748 posts) - - Show Bio

If there ever was an opportunity to put Steph or Cass anywhere I think it would be here.

#7 Posted by TheMinister (1131 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like this idea. Aqualad with Raven, I think that would be great! Spoiler too.

#8 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

Cool idea. Glad Raven's back in the DCNU.

Me too! And yet, I don't have the issue. I am heartbroken over this. I must find a way to sneakily get this comic book issue if it's the last thing I do.

Anyway.

I think that this team setup might be pretty good, but they are missing one thing...

Robin!

Damian Wayne should join the team as an effort from Bruce to have him get more sociable, and less psychotic. Learn to control his emotions from the master, Raven. Or, you know, he'll just be a d*ck like he always is, and Raven will finally show him who's boss.

"Where is your 'prep time' NOW, little man!?"

*Damian runs away*

#9 Posted by BlueArrow (256 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler: @Jorgevy: @mr.obvious: @grenade728: @TheMinister: @minigunman123:

I'm glad you guys like this theory.

#10 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

In my perfect world we'd get a team consisting of Raven, Aqualad, Cassandra Cain, Wally West, Static, Arrowette, Donna Troy and Blue Beetle (since his series is ending). I think those 8 would make for an amazing team.

#11 Posted by Billy Batson (57945 posts) - - Show Bio

@Imagine_Man15 said:

In my perfect world we'd get a team consisting of Raven, Aqualad, Cassandra Cain, Wally West, Static, Arrowette, Donna Troy and Blue Beetle (since his series is ending). I think those 8 would make for an amazing team.

That's a pretty cool line up.
BB

#12 Posted by BlueArrow (256 posts) - - Show Bio

@Imagine_Man15: Never read any Arrowette, is she any good?

#13 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueArrow said:

@Imagine_Man15: Never read any Arrowette, is she any good?

I like her, and she seems to have a fairly large fan base. She isn't the most original character ever, but she's fun and a lot of people would like to see her again.

#14 Posted by BlueArrow (256 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123: @TheMinister: @mr.obvious:

Do you think Riddler's daughter Enigma would fit on this team? I forgot about her.

#15 Posted by chocobojam (288 posts) - - Show Bio

I really think that raven should be in justice league dark ASAP.

#16 Posted by cameron83 (7190 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueArrow: awesome theory.I don't expect you to be spot on of course,but one way or another I feel your correct (whether with characters,or whether it has some bat members,I agree...but I wanna see Garth)

#17 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue Arrow is on a roll. Keep these posts coming, my friend. I havend read Phantom Stranger 1 yet, I may get it next week along with other issues I missed this month.

Is Raven still in her teens? From the preview I saw of her, I thought she would be in her early 20's like Cyborg and Nightwing (even though it has been suggested that Dick is still a teen here in this continuity).

I think they should reintroduce Traci 13 in the new book, and develop her into a mystical badass.... can't think of a better word, sorry. And they should totally bring back Spoiler.

#18 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueArrow said:

@minigunman123: @TheMinister: @mr.obvious:

Do you think Riddler's daughter Enigma would fit on this team? I forgot about her.

Eh. I've never read anything with her in it and she seems kind of 3rd rate.

I think an interesting addition might be if Jason decides to help them from time to time, not being a member, but finding himself interested in the team for some reason or another; maybe kindred spirits and all that. He'd bring some more star power to the team.

#19 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL, Riddler has a daughter...

#20 Posted by Outside_85 (8699 posts) - - Show Bio

While a decent theory, I don't think there will be much 'group on the run' from this book (if it's ever launched that is). Considering how everything in DC is being nicely chopped up in trinities, I have a hunch that whatever the name of Raven's team will be, it will end up as a teenaged Justice League Dark equal (with TT=JL and Ravagers=JLA (or possibly Stormwatch).

As for Enigma, she was part of Deathstroke's Titan East during Johns' run, teaming up with Duela Dent (daughter of an alternate-U Joker) to torment Raven...which backfired when Raven simply asked Duela to help out. Later she was seen helping her old man out, but she went a bit over board and Eddie asked her the old riddle while her back was turned: "What's black, blue and red all over?" If she survived the following thrashing I am not sure.

#21 Posted by fACEmelter88 (609 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like the new/black Aqualad. Hopefully he will be seen soon (other than in the cartoon). Any idea of if or when he will make his triumphant return to the main DC/New 52 universe?