Lamedoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lamedoctor
No Caption Provided

Dormammu is the most underrated Villain in comicbook history. This villain is way more powerful than Darkseid, and Dormammu is treated like Nergal.This character is the embodiment of Cthulhu Mythos.

No Caption Provided

Its sad how great villains are reduced to nothing more than a Saturday cartoon.

JonnytheWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

how is he more powerful than darkseid?

also dormammu is marvel. darkseid is dc.

and dormammu is magic based correct? so who would be his equivalent magic based villain in DC?

Lamedoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonnythewolf: Dormammu is multiverse level.His power greater than Dc Comics Darkseid.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ariesxmasters

I do agree with you, people do sleep on Dorm a lot. His DC counterpart in looks ad least would probably be Helspoint. Dorm is underrated and flies under Marvels radar for no reason he is a cool villain and incredibly powerful.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@lamedoctor: That's one of the worst demotivationals I've ever seen.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

In a universe filled with mystic creatures like him, some even more powerful than him, it's not surprising he hasn’t gotten as much attention.

That being said, among the mystic juggernauts in marvel actuality, is there really another evil being who has garnered more attention than Dormammu? He has enough appearances, and has been part of some pretty cool stories in Doctor Strange books.

If power is the yardstick you go by there are other mystical beings vastly more powerful than him who have received even less attention.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Except Nergal was always meant to be a joke while Dormammau wasn't.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, that guy who was snuffed out by hulk? No one cares about him right?

Asmodeus12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: You know, there's alot of context behind that, Dormmy was serious weakened by Umar sucking out his Mystical Energies and I agree with the topic, outside of Doctor Strange solos series Dormammu don't get much respect, I could crete a giant post about but since I'm very busy until Friday, I won't debate, nor post scans.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@asmodeus12345:

Dormammu gets his respect, more so in classic days then today, at least better than most mystical entities anyways. He has conquered the whole 616 reality and turned it to his image. He's fought Avengers, he is fought Defenders, fought Mephisto and had a brief crossover with Captain Britain too. He just doesn't get to be a part of big cross over arcs, probably because Marvel are often hesitant to involve mystic characters.

Given there are few mystic entities who are vastly more powerful than Dormammu, who haven’t been given an opportunity to do much if at all, at least to me suggest Marvel isn't underselling Dormammu they are just hesitant to use a mystic juggernaut in big story arc.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lamedoctor: I agree with this. Thats one of the big reasons I can barely read Bendis' runs on the X-Men anymore. It's even painful to also read Bendis' GotG where he seemingly is just deliberately destroying the good continuity already established by Abnett, Lanning, and Giffen.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually enjoy that despite his threat and power level, he is kind of a silly villain who had an annoying sister who won't listen.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By rev_sulphur

"This character is the embodiment of Cthulhu Mythos."

How ? Shuma-Gorath strikes me as more of the embodiment of Cthulhu Mythos than Dormammu.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Skit

Outside of Magik killing him, I don't think Marvel is really under utilizing him. You have yo remember that it's basically in his character to job/lose.

Lamedoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rev_sulphur: He is more of an embodiment of inter dimensional Godlike beings this includes many characters in comics.

Lamedoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vandersexxx: Mr.Sinister,Trigon,Black Hand, Ultron,Kang,Dormammu are treated like garbage. You don't see comicbook fans not putting them in number 1 spot.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

@lamedoctor: He is considered an "Old One" and has many other Lovecraftian names and themes attached to him.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I disagree.