Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Benk111

GOOD

• Arnold Schwarzenegger back as the terminator

• Cool action scenes

• Matt Smith’s small role (great for Dr. Who fans)

• Good final battle scene

• Best special effects ever used in a Terminator film

• The first 30 minutes of the film

• The future war between Skynet and the humans done right

BAD

• Jai Courtney plays a bad version of Kyle Reese with bad comedic timing and terrible acting that takes away from the personality that made him such a great character in the first terminator movie.

• The dialog is not very good

• Jai Courtney

• Confusing plot

• Jai Courtney

• Too much time traveling

• Jai Courtney

• Absolutely no chemistry between the male and female leads who are supposed to be love interests.

• Jai Courtney

• Erases what made the first two films great

• Jai Courtney

• Toned down the violence

MY OVERALL THOUGHTS

I did not like this movie; in fact, I thought it was the worst installation of the terminator franchise. In addition to all the things I mention in my good and bad parts of my review the movie did a terrible job on portraying the characters and proved that the franchise should either be rebooted leaving all of the past movies behind or be left a one for a while. Now there will surely be another terminator film at some point regardless of how this one does because the opportunity of bringing this franchise back to what it was is just too great. Now as I said before the first 30 minutes or so of the film are ok but the movies starts to fall apart when the good people try to make a plan to stop judgement day. Lastly, I did not like the way they used Arnold Schwarzenegger in this movie and was not a fan of his dynamic with the mediocre version of younger Sara Conner.

MY SCORE IS A 4.6 OUT OF 10

SirDerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with you on some aspects, but I generally enjoyed the film. Though I do somewhat agree about Jai Courtney, I think they definitely could have portrayed Kyle Reese better, but if that version of Kyle Reese was supposed to be you know, the way he was in the film, then it makes sense. I did wish they showed more scenes of him being a badass.

And of course it toned down the violence(its pg-13), but Im assuming that it should have been more... horror/gory, like 80s movies usually are. I think for what its rating was, it did decent.

And I see it a lot better than salvation and terminator 3, since 3 was just a rehash of the 2nd. But genisys is practically a rehash of all the movies, terminator 3 does it bad.

Could have it done better? Of course, but trust me, no future sequel is going to ever beat T1 and T2. You can never beat the classics, as long as they are there.

All in all, Im much more comfortable thinking that terminator genisys is what should have been Terminator 3.

and as for the sequels, I don't care how many they make as long as they are good. But what every fan wants to see is purple lasers flying ever where, and for two hours. They should definitely do a movie of the actual war.

But yeah thats my opinion :3.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's the difference between CGI and "normal" special effects? T2 didn't have any CGI, or did it?

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my review is better

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Awesome review.

Keep up the good work

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Benk111
makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I agree about Jai Courtney. I wasn't exactly blown away by Emilia Clark's ocassional bratty scenes too. Seemed a bit too much like a typical, spoiled teen girl when she fought with Jai. It seems like whenever she didn't have a scene were they were having their cliche "I love him but have to hate him" talks, she was pretty awesome though.

I am also against this being a PG-13 movie. Weak sauce.

Those minor complaints aside, I actually liked the film a lot.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@benk111: No worries friend, it was a pleasure ^_^

SirDerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's the difference between CGI and "normal" special effects? T2 didn't have any CGI, or did it?

Practical effects would be like, stunts, and are real. Like that scene in in T2 when Arnie jumps off that ledge to save John Connor from the T-1000 on the motorbike, or the helicopter chase, or when Arnold was climbing on top of the truck at the end. Even when the terminator was getting shot at by the cops, it wasn't cgi, It was a robot/doll.

The only cgi would probably be just used to refine some scenes a little bit, but they used most cgi for the T-1000 effects.