Posted by papad1992 (6828 posts) - - Show Bio

My cast would be:

Dani Moonstar - Q'orianka Kilcher (known from Princess Kaiulani)

Cannonball - Josh Hutcherson (known from Hunger Games)

Karma - Ni Ni (known from The Flowers of War)

Sunspot - Mario Lopez (know as X-Factor host)

Magma - Aly Michalka (known from Easy A)

Wolfsbane - Chloe Grace Moretz (known from Kick Ass)

Magik - Isabelle Fuhrman (known from Orphan)

I'd have Chloe Grace Moretz dye her hair red and Isabelle Fuhrman dye her hair blonde of course.

Do u guys agree?

#1 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

Good cast. Mario Lopez is so Sunspot.

#2 Posted by papad1992 (6828 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

Good cast. Mario Lopez is so Sunspot.

Thanks... I think it'd work!

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd have an actual Scottish actor play Wolfsbane

#4 Posted by papad1992 (6828 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

I'd have an actual Scottish actor play Wolfsbane

I thought about it but I was looking at it as acting-wise, and I really love how Chloe Grace Moretz performs!

#5 Posted by Silver_Raven (351 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like that you have thought of this already! I hope you don't mind my opinion on some those choices.

First, Josh Hutcherson is cute but neither blond nor tall enough for the role. I am sure there are tons of dudes with that Southern charm to play the lanky and gawky Sam.

I don't think Mario Lopez is ideal for Sunspot for two reasons. Too old and not Brazilian looking enough, especially since Sunspot is half-black. (And if that guy in Days of Future's Past is actually playing Sunspot i am not going to be too happy,)

And I would cast Chloe as Magik and someone equally young/small to play Wolfsbane.

Everyone else I am totally on board with. Q'orianka would be so good as Dani. And the other girls looks good too.

So besides the actors, which other characters would you cast in the movie? Professor X or White Queen?

#6 Edited by papad1992 (6828 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like that you have thought of this already! I hope you don't mind my opinion on some those choices.

First, Josh Hutcherson is cute but neither blond nor tall enough for the role. I am sure there are tons of dudes with that Southern charm to play the lanky and gawky Sam.

I don't think Mario Lopez is ideal for Sunspot for two reasons. Too old and not Brazilian looking enough, especially since Sunspot is half-black. (And if that guy in Days of Future's Past is actually playing Sunspot i am not going to be too happy,)

And I would cast Chloe as Magik and someone equally young/small to play Wolfsbane.

Everyone else I am totally on board with. Q'orianka would be so good as Dani. And the other girls looks good too.

So besides the actors, which other characters would you cast in the movie? Professor X or White Queen?

When I made this blog... I was on a Hunger Games high, so that's why I wanted Josh as Sam (plus u can fix the hair color with dye... lol). I wasn't too crazy for Mario too but he was really the only one I could find! (and no... the "black guy" cast in the next X-Men movie is playing Bishop not Sunspot).

I glad you like Q'orianka... she's an awesome actress that not too many people know about (Princess Kaiulani is a must see!!). Same goes for Ni Ni...

And I would cast Professor X (maybe James McAvoy would reprise his role for this "spin-off").

#7 Posted by Fallen_Crippled (6442 posts) - - Show Bio

I love that you included Wolfsbane. She is one of my favorite underdog characters all time.

#8 Edited by papad1992 (6828 posts) - - Show Bio

I love that you included Wolfsbane. She is one of my favorite underdog characters all time.

Mine too...

haha... underdog... haha!

#9 Posted by Silver_Raven (351 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: Well maybe this Josh Hutherson could keep his blond hair to be Cypher.

Also the guy I was taking about was this guy as Sunspot. http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=103277

Anyways, i really hope the "Third Class" movie after Days of Future's Past is a New Mutants movie. That would be great and a perfect way to finish off the movie. But I don't think we would be getting all of the classic team. Just Mirage would be enough i think for both of us. ^-^

#10 Edited by papad1992 (6828 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: Well maybe this Josh Hutherson could keep his blond hair to be Cypher.

Also the guy I was taking about was this guy as Sunspot. http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=103277

Anyways, i really hope the "Third Class" movie after Days of Future's Past is a New Mutants movie. That would be great and a perfect way to finish off the movie. But I don't think we would be getting all of the classic team. Just Mirage would be enough i think for both of us. ^-^

If Moonstar would be apart of the main team of any movie as the lead character... I'm a happy fan!!

#11 Edited by cosmicallyaware1 (4300 posts) - - Show Bio

gotta have Warlock in it.

#12 Edited by papad1992 (6828 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmicallyaware1 said:

gotta have Warlock in it.

too complicated! Maybe for the sequel.

#13 Edited by chiq (1933 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: That girl you got as Karma is awfully pretty. The actress who plays Magik looks like she could be the youngest one in the group. I forget, was Illyana the youngest? I know dani, sam and amara were the older kids....

#14 Edited by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

Mario Lopez is a bit old isn't he? Compared to everyone else anyway.

#15 Posted by papad1992 (6828 posts) - - Show Bio

@chiq said:

@papad1992: That girl you got as Karma is awfully pretty. The actress who plays Magik looks like she could be the youngest one in the group. I forget, was Illyana the youngest? I know dani, sam and amara were the older kids....

Ni Ni is new to the acting biz (not that new but fairly new). you should check out the film that rose her to stardom (not in American stardom) it's called The Flowers of War, set during WWII in China when Japan brutally attacked China and killed millions of men, women, and children. She plays a geisha who (along with her geisha sisters) escaped their brothel and took refuge among religious school girls to escape the Japanese torment. It stars Christian Bale (Batman) as the main lead character. I HIGHLY suggest seeing it.

And Karma was generally the eldest of all the New Mutants (having been an actual adult when she joined instead of a teenager)... At different points and times Illyana was the youngest, but initially Wolfsbane is the youngest.

#16 Edited by papad1992 (6828 posts) - - Show Bio

Mario Lopez is a bit old isn't he? Compared to everyone else anyway.

To be honest... he was the hardest to cast because I couldn't find anyone who I absolutely loved to play as him. So Mario was a filler. The ones I immediately cast were Magma, Moonstar, and Karma, those are the actresses I really wanted to see in those roles! If you got a suggestion... share. :P