My idea for the opening scene of the Flash Pilot

Om4zd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Om4zd

A black screen. The sound of trickling rain against pavement tumbles through to our ears past the screeching sound of tires and car engines. The sound of footsteps splashing in the wet pavement. Streams of water flowing into the hollow emptiness of drainage systems. Suddenly a flash of white light strikes us as the boom of thunder reaches our ears. The light fades into black and man in a trench coat and fedora reveals himself to be the blockage of light. The black. We see him standing at the edge of the sidewalk across the street from a hospital. The camera remaining behind him, we see him walk to the entrance and make his way inside. Ambling to the elevator as a nurse pushes out an old man on a wheelchair who stares at our mysterious man at the center of our view, uttering the words from Revelations 14:7 even as his voice slowly fades from proximity. The man stops in front of the elevator and holds the door from closing in time. He enters and the door shuts just as we see a glimpse of two red dots under the shadow of his fedora. The camera does not move from it's view of the elevator doors when suddenly the bell sound of the elevator stopping rings and we turn 180 degrees to view a different hallway than the one we came through. The man steps out in front of the camera once more and makes his way outside a room where in through the glass of the door, Barry Allen can be seen lying on the hospital bed in his coma. The man stares through the glass for just a moment before entering the room and shutting the door as we follow him in. As he stops the camera lowers to his waist level and we see his hand gently place the fedora on the side table. The camera remains still behind the hat and the man approaches Barry. Leaning directly above him with his arm reaching over to the other end of the bed. We watch him just glare at Barry for about 10 seconds in silence.

The scene turns to that of a nurse making her way through the same corridor towards Barry's room. Just as her foot reaches the swivel point to entering, a whizzing by sweeps past her but she doesn't notice. In slight shock the nurse drops her clipboard as the camera pans over her shoulder and we see Barry awake and sitting up, with the fedora left on the end table.

Please, please do share your thoughts here and forgive me if this is the wrong place to have started this post. Admittedly I've done it here because it would get more attention.

Avatar image for drmantistoboggan
DrMantisToboggan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@om4zd: is this zoom or black flash? Red eyes tells me you mean zoom, but it also felt like it was death coming for Barry, but he awakens just in time

Om4zd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Om4zd

@drmantistoboggan: My thoughts were that it be Zoom, because of the background information we learned about Barry's mother's death. The old man uttering words from Revelations of St. John is someone who died at the start of a book Mark Waid and Alex Ross did together a while back. Hopefully you'll like who it is when you find out who it is ^.

Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This really painted a picture for me. Good job man, this would be awesome.

DrMantisToboggan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@om4zd: well if you mean kingdom come I don't really recall anyone dying early on in the book, save for the maybe the flashback about parasite/the Kansas disaster, and I was under the impression that either McCray or the spectre was narrating the rev. passages so I don't quite know what you're referencing

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

This is a great visual description

Avatar image for superkryptonian
superkryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just wondering when the pilot comes out

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@om4zd: go into screen writing for the good of us all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds cool. It needs an awesome opening like this.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was pretty sweet.

DrMantisToboggan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superkryptonian: don't think it's technically even picked up yet, but it seems inevitable. From what I've read they would be aiming for this fall, and as cool as it sounds I don't think it'll start with zoom right off the bat. Also I kinda think Barry will come out of his coma and make one more appearance on arrow before the end of the season, though that doesn't necessarily mean flash can't pick up during the coma.

I'd guess he'll spend the bulk of the first season discovering his capabilities and coming to terms with his newfound responsibilities. Might be introduced to some of the rogues, zoom seems better saved for later when Barry has a full grasp of his power

korghano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, surely it's been picked up? I can't wait for it to start. I loved the old Flash TV show despite it's camp, something warm and fuzzy about it. How neat would it be to have Mark Hamil do a cameo?

Om4zd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why doesn't he kill Flash?

DrMantisToboggan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@om4zd: alright yeah I remember sandman dying but still unsure what that has to do with this whole thing

Om4zd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drmantistoboggan: My point with Wesley being there is so that it could be considered an underlying nod to the JSA and the upcoming Hourman TV show that is being developed.

Om4zd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Om4zd