My idea for the F.F.

infonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By infonation

I can't remember if this has happened yet, but I think the Fantastic Four need more teams, the X-Men have lots of teams and so do the Avengers, but the Fantastic Four who really NEED another team, only have ONE! My opinion? THAT IS STUPID! There are LOTS of obscure superheroes out there who could be great members of a team like the Fantastic Four and probably OWE them one too! And yet the best we got was the "Fantastic FORCE" sadly, they were made up of mostly anti-heroes who seemed more likely to attack each other than any supervillains! I even have an example of how it could work!

The Seeker: He's an inhuman with the power to ummm, be really good at his job? It's never really made clear. But he could still be the leader because of his tracking skills and inventive intellect!

Lyja: She could be the most adaptable because of her shapeshifting nature making her an exellent spy or just a formidable fighter! So she's a double-whammy of stealth AND combat!

Dragon Man: Why? Why NOT? The team might need a big, buff BEAST and Dragon Man fits the bill PERFECTLY! He can also fly AND knock things over with his tail so that's just a bonus!

Thundra: Yes I know we already have a big powerhouse on this particular team, and yes I know Thundra has no tail or wings like Dragon Man, but some days, you just need a brawny character who can fit into a room without destroying it and happens to be a LOT prettier too! Let's not forget that Thundra may look like a brute but is also quite possibly a fair ammount smarter than Dragon Man too and she'll be a welcome addition to the team! It doesn't hurt that Thundra's slimmer build makes her more agile than Dragon Man so that just seals the deal!

So those are MY ideas for another Fantastic Four team, do YOU have any of your own or do you just want to tell me what you think of mine? Please tell me if you can and I'll see if I can answer you as soon as possible. Thank you.

Avatar image for winterfreakinsoldier
WinterFreakinSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

They have two teams...

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

FF? Ant-Man(Scott Lang), She-Hulk, Medusa and Ms. Thing are currently in FF as the Future Foundation and

as of issue 2, kind of are the new Fantastic Four, while the others are away.
No Caption Provided

It's only on issue 2 so you could easily catch up.

infonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By infonation

@WinterFreakinSoldier: Oh! I thought they had ONE at most!

infonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By infonation

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: That's true!

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@infonation: The first two issues have been good. It'll be interesting to see where the story goes. And the artwork is great too.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JonSmith

They don't have a lot of teams because the Fantastic Four ISN'T a team: They're a family. They don't go stop crime, they're not superheroes. They discover new things, they're adventurers. Having more teams to do that defeats the point: What's the point in discovering something if you just send someone else out to investigate it?

Even the Future Foundation isn't a team: It's a school for the best and brightest innovative minds. The current Fantastic Four representatives, She-Hulk, Ant-Man, and Medusa, are there not as protectors of the common good in the Four's stead, but as substitute teachers while the Fantastic Four is out.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By Timandm

@JonSmith said:

They don't have a lot of teams because the Fantastic Four ISN'T a team: They're a family. They don't go stop crime, they're not superheroes. They discover new things, they're adventurers. Having more teams to do that defeats the point: What's the point in discovering something if you just send someone else out to investigate it?

Even the Future Foundation isn't a team: It's a school for the best and brightest innovative minds. The current Fantastic Four representatives, She-Hulk, Ant-Man, and Medusa, are there not as protectors of the common good in the Four's stead, but as substitute teachers while the Fantastic Four is out.

I get what you're saying, and I've always thought of the Fantastic Four as a family.... HOWEVER, since they have periodically replaced members (temporarily for whatever reason) can we still say they are not a 'team?' Consider the current Fantastic Four; Ant-Man, She-Hulk, Medusa, and...um.. Johnny's girlfriend. (does she even have powers?) This 'backup' Fantastic Four, do we call them a family or do we call them a team???

Also, you point out that they don't exist to stop crime, but think about why Reed put this back 'group' ( we'll call them a group for the moment) together. He said something like, "Because we don't leave the earth unprotected..." That statement alone sort of says we are super heroes who protect the earth. The protect the earth from GOBS of stuff...

So, while I do believe that the Fantastic Four (the original group) is indeed a family, and their primary function is to discover and learn, I think they also function as a team of super heroes protecting the earth... So, I guess I think of them as both... That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JonSmith

@Timandm said:

I get what you're saying, and I've always thought of the Fantastic Four as a family.... HOWEVER, since they have periodically replaced members (temporarily for whatever reason) can we still say they are not a 'team?' Consider the current Fantastic Four; Ant-Man, She-Hulk, Medusa, and...um.. Johnny's girlfriend. (does she even have powers?) This 'backup' Fantastic Four, do we call them a family or do we call them a team???

Also, you point out that they don't exist to stop crime, but think about why Reed put this back 'group' ( we'll call them a group for the moment) together. He said something like, "Because we don't leave the earth unprotected..." That statement alone sort of says we are super heroes who protect the earth. The protect the earth from GOBS of stuff...

So, while I do believe that the Fantastic Four (the original group) is indeed a family, and their primary function is to discover and learn, I think they also function as a team of super heroes protecting the earth... So, I guess I think of them as both... That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Fair enough, that's your opinion. But it's 1:00 in the morning, I'm bored, and I disagree with said opinion, so I'll dispute it purely on an academic basis.

The current Fantastic Four; Ant-Man, selected for his scientific acumen, past demonstration of positive moral fiber, and his recent loss making him an ideal choice to briefly replace Reed and teach the Future Foundation.

She-Hulk, selected for her past association with the group, her equal status as muscle to Ben, and her lawyer background making her ideal to teach the Future Foundation in realms of law.

Medusa, the Queen of Attilan. Selected for her high royal standing, good with kids, and can teach the children about the tricks and turns of inhuman/alien politics. Though I wonder how Black Bolt is dealing with her absence, given she's staying at the Baxter Building and is literally his voice to the world in absence of a telepath...

And... Johnny's... girlfriend... Yeah, I got nothing.

Point is, they weren't first selected because they kick rears. There were hundreds of other heroes who do it just as good if not better. They were selected for their OTHER traits. Reed said they don't leave the UNIVERSE unprotected. But like you said, that's not against bad guys. Hell, most of the threats the Four face, the general population doesn't even know about. It's only when things get out of hand, such as Galactus or Mole Man that the population even knows about it. Most of the time, they stop threats because they happen to run across them while discovering OTHER things. Reed said they don't leave the universe unprotected not in a 'Hey, we're going on vacation, but I've got this cage match between myself, Galactus, and Annihilus scheduled I really can't miss, so you mind filling in for me?" He asked Scott in a "These kids, the Future Foundation, they'll continue our work with the right guidance. They can continue discovering new things and stopping the things that go bump in the night in our stead when we're gone. But they have to learn how first. We're going on a trip. We need a substitute. Is that you?"

So while they may be defined by US as superheroes, they don't think of themselves that way, and they didn't ask for replacements in that mind. They think of themselves as adventurers. So more teams really doesn't make sense in that context.

Again, 1:00 in the morning. Possibly rambling. Not disputing your opinion because I think it's wrong so much as I have nothing better to do than disagree with it.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9  Edited By Timandm

@JonSmith: I think you and I both see them the same way... I don't think the labels really matter.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#10  Edited By TheCannon

No. The idea of making these various teams is horrible. The Avengers and X-men names have been ruined by this, do we need the Fantastic Four to have their named ruined by having 8 different teams at once?

infonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By infonation

@TheCannon: I don't want them to have 8 teams! Just more than one! And I know it may seem like there are already enough "teams-with-teams" but what's done is done and I just don't think it's fair that a team with a mere 4 members should get singled out!