Museum Editions

Malhavok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Edited By Malhavok

I have been noticing certain comic editions have been sold as "Museum Edition" variants.  What is the significance of museum editions?  I notice a lot of them appear to be Euro variants.  Are they issued in other languages?  I see museum editions coming from DC and Marvel and even noticed one the other day for Witchblade.  Before I start to search for them to add to my collection, I'm hoping someone can please enlighten me to their purpose?
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By PowerHerc

Sounds like a new marketing ploy attempting to suck us into paying too much money for something already available in a less expensive form.
Avatar image for illyana_rasputin
Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Illyana Rasputin
@PowerHerc said:
"Sounds like a new marketing ploy attempting to suck us into paying too much money for something already available in a less expensive form. "
Malhavok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Malhavok

Museum Edition Comics

Museum Edition Comics are produced by Jay Company comics in the US & are limited edition comic books with new variant artwork covers. Each Museum Edition is crafted on archival museum stock paper & individually hand numbered. The comics are generally limited to production runs of 25 or 50 copies produced. The Museum Edition Sketch Premium & Museum Edition Originals comic book ranges, which includes original artwork drawn onto the cover by the artists, are generally limited to 10 or less copies.

Jay Company have produced issues from independent publishers including Top Cow Comics, Zenescope Entertainment, Darkchylde Entertainment, Avalon Studios, Awesome Entertainment, Black Bull Entertainment, Harras Publications, Chaos Comics, David Mack/Kabuki, Tidal Wave Studios & Hurricane Entertainment.

The Marvel Comics (Ultimate Spider-man, Ultimate X-Men, Daredevil etc.) & DC Comics (Batman etc.) "Museum Editions" that you may see on eBay are not authorised by Jay Company and contain European reprints of the US comics, usually in French or German, and have second generation artwork on the covers. They are usually in runs of 500 to 1,000 copies.