#1 Posted by lady_redhead (9592 posts) - - Show Bio

I have noticed, in most of the comics i read there is not a great across cultrue represenation... i mean esp in the big ones.. DC and Marvel..

but i have seen in Australia.. we have very little rep of Indigenous cultrues as superheroes and i swear it would help the young people i work with to have a figure that they can relate too.

Thoughts?

#2 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84378 posts) - - Show Bio

Theres another thread about Australian comicbook characters.  Theres  alot more then I thought there was.

#3 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio

the problem is that they never show other cultures, they just show other nationalities...

#4 Posted by lady_redhead (9592 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Theres another thread about Australian comicbook characters.  Theres  alot more then I thought there was.
"
OH yeah i know.. but very few indigenous Australians.. and i guess im more looking across the board.. like how many African american superheros are there? Indian ones? Manga represents China and Japan quite well.. but what about other countries.. idk.. i havent seen it
#5 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio
Mistress Redhead said:
"Gambler said:
"Theres another thread about Australian comicbook characters.  Theres  alot more then I thought there was.
"
OH yeah i know.. but very few indigenous Australians.. and i guess im more looking across the board.. like how many African american superheros are there? Indian ones? Manga represents China and Japan quite well.. but what about other countries.. idk.. i havent seen it"

oh all you want is nationalities, cause there's countless, check out fesak's list of marvel characters by country thread
#6 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean page not thread

#7 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84378 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you want names, or? I think there's a fair amount of representation for the most part. Maybe to the casual comicbook reader these characters go unnoticed  but  there are a few. Could there be more, sure. But I believe both companies have made strides towards adding some color to the superhero world.

#8 Posted by lady_redhead (9592 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Do you want names, or? I think there's a fair amount of representation for the most part. Maybe to the casual comicbook reader these characters go unnoticed  but  there are a few. Could there be more, sure. But I believe both companies have made strides towards adding some color to the superhero world."
Good im glad of that.

I think my biggest issue is Indigenous Australians.. they have nothing to hold onto to represent them in a postitive manner.. only african american rappers.. and not all of them are great role models
#9 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84378 posts) - - Show Bio
Mistress Redhead said:
"Gambler said:
"Do you want names, or? I think there's a fair amount of representation for the most part. Maybe to the casual comicbook reader these characters go unnoticed  but  there are a few. Could there be more, sure. But I believe both companies have made strides towards adding some color to the superhero world."
Good im glad of that.

I think my biggest issue is Indigenous Australians.. they have nothing to hold onto to represent them in a postitive manner.. only african american rappers.. and not all of them are great role models"
Are you talking about Abariganies? Cause there is one in the X-Universe named Gateway :D
#10 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84378 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by lady_redhead (9592 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Mistress Redhead said:
"Gambler said:
Good im glad of that.

I think my biggest issue is Indigenous Australians.. they have nothing to hold onto to represent them in a postitive manner.. only african american rappers.. and not all of them are great role models"
Are you talking about Abariganies? Cause there is one in the X-Universe named Gateway :D"
Aboriginals. yah, THER IS?? awesome
#12 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84378 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL according to the link there's three (Marvel)

#13 Posted by lady_redhead (9592 posts) - - Show Bio

I looked.. i couldnt find Aboriginals...

#15 Posted by lady_redhead (9592 posts) - - Show Bio

sweet thanks G.. im going to print these off for my young people