Posted by MagnificentStorm (1419 posts) 1 year, 4 months ago

Poll: MOVIE TIME: DID YOU LIKE THE WOLVERINE? (28 votes)

HECJS YEA I DID 29%
IT WAS OOOOOOK 29%
NAH 25%
WTF WAS THAT 4%
IM NOT SEEING THAT POO 14%

SO DID YOU LIKE IT? AN PLEASE COMMENT WHY OR WHY NOT.

So I finally say the movie today. It was oooooook MUCH better than the last moive both in Story an Action. Now of course as always they must change characters around but this time the changes werent to bad.

#1 Posted by The Stegman (25548 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted "Nah"

#2 Edited by Wolverine08 (45199 posts) - - Show Bio

YES. It had awesome fight scenes that were a nice pace of change from the usual fights we have in CBMs, great showing of Japanese culture, a pretty cool story, and an awesome after credits scene. Only thing I didn't like I was Viper. She was over the top and annoying.

#3 Edited by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's just say... It was a berserker barrage of fun :)

#4 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Yea Viper got me 2 i mean they could of at least gave her the Trade mark green hair. Her best moment was when she cut her skin an peeled it lol I thought that was cool.

Other than that it was pretty cool kinda dumb at points but for the most part I liked it

#5 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1419 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Edited by The Stegman (25548 posts) - - Show Bio

@magnificentstorm: I'll just Copy and paste what I said on the review page

It had a boring plot, boring fight scenes, bad pacing, the "Silver Samurai" and the twist they put on him was ridiculous, the romance between Logan and Mariko felt forced and unrealistic. Viper was horrible and cliche, we get it, you're evil, she was over-acting quite a bit trying to prove that she is indeed the bad guy (gal) and the ending felt rushed and anti climatic.

Also, how the hell do you steal someone's healing factor??? What is he changing Logan's DNA?? Isn't that what makes him a mutant in the first place? Is he removing the X Gene?? furthermore,how does stealing someone's healing factor REVERSE your age??

And don't get me started on the useless Jean Grey dream sequences, they were pointless and added nothing to the movie.

it's a 3, and the ONLY reason it isn't lower is because of the awesome end credits scene which was without a doubt the best part of the film.

#7 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: The fight was ok with silver samurai was ok I think it would have been better if he was normal sized. Instead of being some Iron Monger sized one.

As for Viper ugh. She was ok but one why viper two why not make her regular viper who is way better that that 1. Also they could of at least gave her green hair lol.

As for the healing. How he took it idk. But I think i might make him younger im mean i would guess that wolverines/sbaertooths yada yadas factor keeps all cells at thier peak so it could of if that was true.

The Jean stuff i really didnt care about really. They hardly even built an showed their relationship in the movies so Wateva.

An YES THE END CREDITS WERE WHAT I WAS WAITING FOR.

LOL WONT LIE I WAS MORE EXCITED WHEN THAT PART CAME ON THEN ANY OTHER

#8 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18804 posts) - - Show Bio

It was solid. Nothing spectacular though. Hugh Jackman's performance was probably the best thing about it - he was brilliant in this movie. Probably as good as he's ever played Wolverine.

I kind of enjoy'd the effort that was made to make up for the failure of Origins, more than anything else. To any fan of X-Men and Wolverine I'm sure this movie is worth a see...but I don't see it doing well with the general movie going audience.

It definitely has some highs and lows, but I didn't regret seeing it. Although seeing it in 3D was a complete waste of money (was the only show they had left). I hate 3D and this film is a perfect example why. 99/100 times 3D is only used to jack up the price of the movie ticket and offers little to no additional experience.

#9 Posted by JediXMan (31259 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll get around to reviewing it soon.

That said... it was leagues better than X-Men Origins. That's not hard, mind you, but still.

#10 Posted by Catsnlynne (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

My sister and I took our 9 year old niece to see the movie. She is a big Marvel fan. (We all are.) We all really liked the movie and my niece thought it was awesome.

#11 Posted by BloodsunX (618 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was pretty tight

Things I liked:

The WW2 scenes

The Bum Logan scenes

The action scenes(Espicially the bullet train scene)

The humor/comedy

The movie tone

Things I didn't like:

Mahiko & Yukio's over dramatic backstories

Viper's performance

The fact that Wolverine lost his claws, his most iconic atribute

Things Im 50/50 on:

Jean Grey scenes

The Silver Samurai

#12 Edited by JohnnyGat (1576 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Samurai was extremely boring in this. The movie definitely had its ups (bullet train fight) but there were also several downs.