Avatar image for darthdestructor
DarthDestructor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DarthDestructor

For start, I want to point out that I hate what Michael Bay have made to "Transformers" franchise, so maybe it is just bad for me, that the Turtles in the movie gonna be...created? Like, in laboratory?

I know - in the comics, Turtles were created in accident simillar to the one that Daredevil had.

BUT. Not everything works, and look good in a movie. For example - Captain America original costume (played for laughs during his show in "First Avenger"), or Flash origin - he fall on some chemicals? People would not buy that.

My point is - why do we always have to tell origin stories? I know, we need to introduce characters, and tell their story, but why do we have to show everything of it? I love books and movies (or games) where we have just a hints of character origins...something like "Incredible Hulk".They explain part of it, just so people would understand who he is, and what happened. It also give character a mysterious feel and make a room for eventual building up in next movies.

Imagine Doctor Doom in a movie. Want to tell his full origin story from the comics? Common people would think it's cheap writing (demons? Tibet? Technology? Wat?). Want to change it drastically? Fans would be mad.

So - why not just tease some information of the past, and go along? In TMNT case - something just like this scene:

Someone ( Casey Jones?): Do you have any questions?

April: Y..yes! Who are they? Aliens? Some sort of ancient uderground lizard people?

Someone: It's hard to tell. Maybe they do not know it either. I have many theories about this.

April: Like?

Someone: I dunno...genetic expariments? Faster evolution? Maybe reincarnation gone wrong? (that would also explain Splinter)

^As you see, we do not have to lost half of a movie for origin story. Also, we can have multiple past choice...just like the Joker.

No Caption Provided

What do you think?

PS: Also, sorry for my poor English.

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

You know Michael Bay is also making a new show called The Last Ship.

Spoiler Alert : It blows up

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Michael Bay isn't directing TMNT. He's just a producer.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By stormshadow_x

@darthdestructor:

I think you are assuming it's a Origin movie. Just like the first TMNT movie and the two first animated series it seems we're just getting a small recap similar too the Incredible Hulk either told by Splinter or Leo.

Also. It's not about the Origin its about how they pull it off. Flash for one being struck by lightning and chemicals falling on him is just as believable as surviving a Gamma Bomb or getting bit by a radioactive Spider. Why couldn't Doom's origin be pulled off? A Nice mix of Science and Sorcery and it could be a good movie. These are movies about Giant Turtles, Aliens from doomed planets and Gods from different plains of existence. I doubt anyone goes into looking for a normal Origin.