• 109 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (36474 posts) 1 year, 22 days ago

Poll: Most Promising New Series (Comic Book Question of the Week) (329 votes)

12 Reasons to Die 0%
100 Bullets: Brother Lono 2%
Astro City 1%
Avengers A.I. 3%
Batman '66 1%
Batman/Superman 19%
Chin Music 0%
Dexter 0%
East of West 6%
Harbinger Wars 2%
Jupiter's Legacy 2%
Kick-Ass 3 2%
Larfleeze 2%
Liberator 0%
Quantum and Woody 2%
Regular Show 0%
Satellite Sam 1%
Superior Foes of Spider-Man 3%
Superman Unchained 26%
Ten Grand 2%
Thanos Rising 1%
The Black Bat 1%
The Green Team 0%
The Movement 2%
The Owl 0%
The Wake 7%
TMNT New Animated Adventures 2%
X-Men 8%
Other (Specify below) 3%

Vote in the latest Comic Book Question of the Week (corresponding feature will be on the homepage). Voting is open until Thursday morning (ET).

#51 Edited by SpitfireINK (242 posts) - - Show Bio

With Hawkguy on this one.

Definitely not a well thought out poll - at least if we are going to vote - people should have picked up a book other than a Marvel or DC title.

Should have stuck with New "Original" series and strayed from the inclusion of mainstream titles.

And how the heck does a cliche' of a book like Superman/Batman even make it on to the poll? Perhaps a new series but Nothing new in Concept.

Kind of embarrassed I even threw in to vote on this poll.

#52 Posted by McBig (70 posts) - - Show Bio

TMNT looks awesome hopefully its at least half as good as the show. Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow.

#53 Posted by BattheMan008 (309 posts) - - Show Bio

Where is Lazarus? I was going to vote for that but it wasn't on the list so I went with Batman/Superman.

#54 Posted by charlieboy (7153 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men for me. Any book that has Kitty, Rogue, and Rachel in the lineup has me hooked.

#55 Edited by TheShutup (43 posts) - - Show Bio

how is this series not on the list!?!

Rucka has not ever wrote bad series and this issue was great, but just like the last series he was on Punisher, you guys won't support it

so we probably won't see it's full potential.

So enjoy Superman: Unchained!? You know Jim lee will end up leaving after like the 8th or tenth issue anyway and Snyder will leave after the 20th probably having Lobodell take over writing duties. lol

im going to go cry to momma now!

*Leaves and slams door shut!

#56 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

All the new Vertigo stuff.

#57 Posted by k4tzm4n (36474 posts) - - Show Bio

To every single "WHERE'S ____ COMMENT?"

The "Other (Specific Below)" option exists for a reason. We (the staff) consulted on this in an attempt to get all of the new and standout series, but human error is bound to happen.

Staff
#58 Edited by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

The "Other (Specific Below)" option exists for a reason. We (the staff) consulted on this in an attempt to get all of the new and standout series, but human error is bound to happen.

Lies, you all just didn't put Dead Detective Boys on there because you all hate Vertigo.

#59 Edited by TheShutup (43 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n:

No I understand tha. But it's ODD that you'd miss a series like Lazarus but have a series like Larfleeze, Batman 66', Regular show(are you guys serious on this one lol) You considered those "standouts?" lol

That's all. it was just ODD to me, I did however click "OTHER"

Plus excuse my behavior im just still a bit cranky because how people didn't support an awesome marvel series like Punisher and it got cancelled, people can correct that mistake and support a potentially epic series like Lazarus.

#60 Edited by TheShutup (43 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoy_elite said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Lies, you all just didn't put Dead Detective Boys on there because you all hate Vertigo.

They did put "The Wake."
But then again because it was Snyder and TOny probably begged to put that in because he has admitted he is a Snyder fanboy in other reviews lol
But then again Wak is the only potential good fresh series from Vertigo at the moment so they got that right.

#61 Posted by Dogofwarorion (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman/Batman is the best that I've read so far, but on the other hand I haven't read all of these

#62 Posted by inferiorego (21261 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego: do you know what week Quantum and Woody comes out

tomorrow

@k4tzm4n said:

It's true. Everything I've ever read by Vertigo is the worst! Not one single issue with Wolverine in it! Y The Last Man? More like "Why did I read this?" Amirite?

Staff
#63 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego: Yeah!

I mean Constantine? More like constant suck!

#64 Edited by k4tzm4n (36474 posts) - - Show Bio

I think @inferiorego is on to something. WOLVERINE THE LAST MAN.

Staff
#65 Posted by k4tzm4n (36474 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n:

No I understand tha. But it's ODD that you'd miss a series like Lazarus but have a series like Larfleeze, Batman 66', Regular show(are you guys serious on this one lol) You considered those "standouts?" lol

That's all. it was just ODD to me, I did however click "OTHER"

Plus excuse my behavior im just still a bit cranky because how people didn't support an awesome marvel series like Punisher and it got cancelled, people can correct that mistake and support a potentially epic series like Lazarus.

Hey man, every now and then something obvious may slip by us. For example, we totally missed out on reviewing the first issue. It happens. But I'm glad you voted other instead of voting for another title AND THEN complaining about it :D

Staff
#66 Posted by jas_8382 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I decided to go with Lazarus, though I would like to give some shout outs to East of West, Astro City, The Wake, X-Men, and Satellite Sam.

#67 Posted by Billy Batson (57799 posts) - - Show Bio

@theshutup:

None of the new announced Vertigo titles haven't even been released yet.

BB

#68 Posted by Icon (2054 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men

#69 Posted by Juandicimo_Magnifico45 (151 posts) - - Show Bio

I am honestly surprised that Unchained is, currently, ahead of Batman/Superman. I understand that there are a lot of people that are not fans of Jae Lee's art, but the story itself was fantastic. I guess it does come down to "potential". Mr. Snyder always has amazing epics up his sleeves for his stories and it is hard to say if Batman/Superman will remain great. Time will tell!

#70 Posted by inferiorego (21261 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego: Yeah!

I mean Constantine? More like constant suck!

dude... Hellblazer...

At least be knowledgeable before you hate!

Hellblazer, more like crap!

Staff
#71 Edited by JairamGanpat (952 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you guys serious? Superman Unchained at number 1 is ridiculous. 1st of all, Batman/Superman was the better of the 2 new Supes books and 2nd, the other books on this list are wayyyyyyyyy better.

#72 Posted by pixierosa (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Harbinger Wars!

#73 Posted by DonFelipe (1096 posts) - - Show Bio

So many choices and Eternal Warrior isn't even on the list!

#74 Posted by jstndmnd (995 posts) - - Show Bio

I know it won't win, but I enjoyed the 1st issue of THE OWL, and I hope it last.

#75 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4025 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman Unchained

#76 Posted by AustinHasten (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@dm225 said:

Superman Unchained.

#77 Posted by nappystr8 (1044 posts) - - Show Bio

My short list is The Wake, The Wake...and The Wake. It's seriously the only 5-star series so far among the new stuff I've been picking up. Kick Ass 3 would probably be a far away second for me, and Jupiter's Legacy is fun as well. I can't speak on Quantum and Woody until tomorrow when it's released, and although I love J.T. Krul, I just don't have the money in my budget for a dynamite pulp book like The Owl. Batman/Superman didn't even come close to reaching my expectations. Everything else, I have very little interest in to begin with.

#78 Posted by kilomac29 (322 posts) - - Show Bio

DC has a lot of promising new stuff, Superman Unchained, Batman/Superman. However, Image is killing it right now:

• Ten Grand
  • Chin Music
  • East of West
  • Satellite Sam
  • Lazarus- definitely my pick
  • Pretty Deadly- looks amazing
  • Sex Criminals- interesting idea
#79 Posted by Trodorne (2574 posts) - - Show Bio

Stuck between He-man and the Masters of the Universe or Atomic Robo: The Savage Sword of Dr. Dinosaur.

#80 Edited by Hanson724 (555 posts) - - Show Bio

East of West is the best series on that list. Harbinger Wars is the best mini-series.

#81 Posted by ccraft (5078 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkguy said:

@ccraft: Only issue 1 had that price point because of the fold out poster

Oh okay.

#82 Edited by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1391 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman/superman seems pretty good, not voting yet though........

#83 Posted by Archfiend20xx (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Lazarus is my choice. Really odd for it not to be a choice, it just started last month....

My thoughts exactly. Must have forgot it, because if something Liberator from Black Mask is on the list, well...

But yeah, I vote Lazarus too.

#84 Posted by DarklyDreamingDeadpool (174 posts) - - Show Bio

my vote goes to liberator, this book was awsome and it brought something different then the usual comic themes, i really loved it.

supes unchained would be my number two pick.

#85 Posted by Leatherwings2289 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

It's The Wake for me. I'm loving the art so much, and it goes so well with the dark mysterious story. I just want to read the next issue as soon as I finish one.

#86 Posted by Leatherwings2289 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Why isn't Sex on this list. It's amazing. It's got such a well realised world, and everything is amazing drawn. And the writing is exceptional.

#87 Posted by JM3D (24 posts) - - Show Bio

No Lazarus, so I went with Superman Unchained. Really enjoyed #1.

#88 Posted by RustyRoy (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't read any of those.

#89 Edited by JairamGanpat (952 posts) - - Show Bio

@leatherwings2289 said:

Why isn't Sex on this list. It's amazing. It's got such a well realised world, and everything is amazing drawn. And the writing is exceptional.

not like it would get any votes anyway, everyone here's riding the Superman train. :/

#90 Posted by Provehito (61 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkguy said:

Totally east of west. The only reason Unchained is winning is because people are scared of venturing outside of the Big 2. READ THIS PPL, its an unbelievable story. Its my most anticipated book on a monthly basis.

I agree. Everyone's reading most of the mainstream titles and shunning aside great jewels. East of West has great potential, and an intriguing narrative.

Plus, that art, man, it's fantastic!

#91 Posted by i_like_swords (13297 posts) - - Show Bio

Quantum and Woody. Has an excellent premise. Valiant are consistently putting out great books. I'm going to go buy #1 in the next few hours opposed to any other comic here.

#92 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

I gotta put my vote with SU...the team of Snyder and Lee is just far too invincible in my opinion to be beat as the new hot title.

#93 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (881 posts) - - Show Bio

I know ether a Batman or Superman book is going to win because ya know, comics, but if people are really honest with them selves then theyd know the books that have the most potential are the indy books where they have 100% creative freedom

That's your opinion. Superman Unchained has one of the greatest creative teams in comics today. Yeah, they may not have the most freedom because of the publishers, but they can do awesome work within those boundaries.

#94 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32918 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

I know ether a Batman or Superman book is going to win because ya know, comics, but if people are really honest with them selves then theyd know the books that have the most potential are the indy books where they have 100% creative freedom

That's your opinion. Superman Unchained has one of the greatest creative teams in comics today. Yeah, they may not have the most freedom because of the publishers, but they can do awesome work within those boundaries.

Boundaries being the key word here, with the other being potential. All boundaries limit a books potential regardless of how good it ends up being.

#95 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (881 posts) - - Show Bio

@g_money_christmas said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Boundaries being the key word here, with the other being potential. All boundaries limit a books potential regardless of how good it ends up being.

But sometimes, boundaries are required. Superman and Batman are the most well known comic book characters (obviously, wait for my point) and there are certain things fans come to expect from those characters. If the publishers were to give the writers complete creative freedom, who knows, maybe the writer would decide to have Superman frying everyone's brains with his laser vision or Batman snapping everyone's necks. No, there are standards each writer has to abide by when writing the character. To say that these books are below indie books because indie books have no boundaries, that's the biggest load of crap I've ever heard. There are plenty of sh*t indie books out there... Books without 'boundaries'.

#96 Edited by The Stegman (23235 posts) - - Show Bio

I knew as soon as Superman started winning that all the indie lovers would start complaining.

#97 Posted by Onemoreposter (3955 posts) - - Show Bio

Wont't lie, this was tough. I really enjoy Pym being back in the spotlight in Avengers A.I., I'm a big fan of the old Quantum, I'm excited to pick up the first issue of the new Kick-Ass, and the new Dexter comic was surprisingly well done.

All that said, I had to go with Superman/Batman. The art and the writing blew me away. Plus, I wanted to place my vote somewhere it would actually matter :)

#98 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32918 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: What's the matter to scared to @reply when your talking about me?

@jonny_anonymous said:

@g_money_christmas said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

But sometimes, boundaries are required. Superman and Batman are the most well known comic book characters (obviously, wait for my point) and there are certain things fans come to expect from those characters. If the publishers were to give the writers complete creative freedom, who knows, maybe the writer would decide to have Superman frying everyone's brains with his laser vision or Batman snapping everyone's necks. No, there are standards each writer has to abide by when writing the character. To say that these books are below indie books because indie books have no boundaries, that's the biggest load of crap I've ever heard. There are plenty of sh*t indie books out there... Books without 'boundaries'.

You seem to be misinterpreting my posts, I never said these book where "below" or "Sh*t" what I said is that they have less potential and that's absolutely true, are Superman Unchained and Batman/Superman going to be good or even great books? Sure there's a very high possibility that will be the case but are they going to be the next Watchmen or Sandman? No there is noway that would be possible, creators themselves have even said if a book like Watchmen where to be pitched to DC today there is no way it would be made. Take a look at some of the greatest Superman/Batman comics ever to be made and many of them will be out of canon and Elsworld like Dark Knight Returns, What Ever Happen to the Caped Crusader, Killing Joke (at the time), Arkham Asylum: A Serious House, All Star Superman, Red Son, Superman: Earth One and the reason these storys are so good is because the boundaries have ether been broken down or completely ignored so the writers are able to tell the story without interference.

#99 Edited by Mucklefluga (2525 posts) - - Show Bio

I AM THE 1% BATMAN66 BROSKIS

#100 Posted by The Stegman (23235 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Since you're not the only one complaining, I didn't find the need to reply to you specifically.