• 109 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (39424 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: Most Promising New Series (Comic Book Question of the Week) (329 votes)

12 Reasons to Die 0%
100 Bullets: Brother Lono 2%
Astro City 1%
Avengers A.I. 3%
Batman '66 1%
Batman/Superman 19%
Chin Music 0%
Dexter 0%
East of West 6%
Harbinger Wars 2%
Jupiter's Legacy 2%
Kick-Ass 3 2%
Larfleeze 2%
Liberator 0%
Quantum and Woody 2%
Regular Show 0%
Satellite Sam 1%
Superior Foes of Spider-Man 3%
Superman Unchained 26%
Ten Grand 2%
Thanos Rising 1%
The Black Bat 1%
The Green Team 0%
The Movement 2%
The Owl 0%
The Wake 7%
TMNT New Animated Adventures 2%
X-Men 8%
Other (Specify below) 3%

Vote in the latest Comic Book Question of the Week (corresponding feature will be on the homepage). Voting is open until Thursday morning (ET).

#1 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman/Superman

#2 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6259 posts) - - Show Bio

First.

#3 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6259 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, no, I was actually second! Damn you Eternal19!!!!!

#4 Edited by Dm225 (298 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman Unchained.

#5 Posted by lilben42 (2527 posts) - - Show Bio

I hadn't read much of anything on that list.

#6 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Quantum and Woody. Because I loved their old series, and since the reboot Valiant hasn't put anything out that hasn't been decisively brilliant.

#7 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2307 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman/Superman.

#8 Edited by Saren (25577 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos Rising is practically character assassination, if you ask me. I was enthusiastic about Jupiter's Legacy but it seems to draw heavily upon the stale, overdone old-ways-vs-new-ways Kingdom Come-esque conflict. Avengers AI --- I love those kinds of characters, but after the steaming pile that was Age of Ultron, I really don't trust Marvel to do it right. Haven't read half of these, though. Superman Unchained ----- it's like Jupiter's Legacy in terms of the problem I have with it. I liked the first issue, but it follows a predictable theme courtesy of its writer and his fascination with "untold secrets of the past returning to haunt the present!".

Astro City or Batman/Superman for me.

#9 Posted by Dernman (14908 posts) - - Show Bio

heh Chin Music music makes me think of WWE and HBK

#10 Posted by QueenCorp15 (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

the wake is awsome but i had to go with superman unchained just for the star power it has

#11 Edited by Billy Batson (57918 posts) - - Show Bio

100 Bullets and Astro City are new? Both have been made by the same creative teams since the 90's.
BB

#12 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21388 posts) - - Show Bio

Kick Ass 3

#13 Edited by Strider92 (16242 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering Valiant's current trend of making top notch comics Quantum and Woody is the obvious choice.

#14 Edited by G_Money_Christmas (882 posts) - - Show Bio

@billy_batson said:

100 Bullets and Astro City are new? Both have been made by the same creative teams since the 90's.
BB

They rebooted the series. Astro City 1 came out recently (not sure on the date).

I voted Superman Unchained but it was kind of a toss-up between it and Batman/Superman. I chose Bats/Supes at first but I switched to Superman Unchained at the last minute. They're too awesome to really choose between. I wish you could choose more than one.

#15 Posted by Icarusflies (12485 posts) - - Show Bio

Killjoys

#16 Edited by braynehurricane (129 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta say Brian Wood's new volume of X-Men. Love the roster, love the dialogue, love the art. Close seconds are Batman/Superman, East of West, and The Wake.

#17 Posted by inferiorego (22639 posts) - - Show Bio

GMan is reviewing it, but I got to read it, and Quantum and Woody's first issue is awesome.

Staff Online
#18 Edited by dondave (36037 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering Valiant's current trend of making top notch comics Quantum and Woody is the obvious choice.

I thought you would have chosen Harbinger Wars

#19 Edited by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to say Avengers A.I but probably Superman Unchained or Batman/Superman

#20 Posted by Waddly_Hobbins (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Lazarus is my choice. Really odd for it not to be a choice, it just started last month....

#21 Edited by Strider92 (16242 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego said:

GMan is reviewing it, but I got to read it, and Quantum and Woody's first issue is awesome.

Damn i'm jealous.....

@dondave said:

Harbinger Wars isn't exactly new its got 5-6 issues. Quantum and Woody hasn't been released yet I think. So its much newer lol!

#22 Posted by Xwraith (16856 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men. The X-Men I fell in love with 10 years ago is back.

#23 Edited by k4tzm4n (39424 posts) - - Show Bio

@billy_batson said:

BB

Kick-Ass is new? X-Men is new? Batman/Superman is new? Quantum and Woody is new? Same creative teams or not, we're going by volumes and THEY BE NEW. But I guess the key difference is you just don't care about those titles :P

Staff Online
#24 Edited by k4tzm4n (39424 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego said:

Damn i'm jealous.....

@dondave said:

Harbinger Wars isn't exactly new its got 5-6 issues. Quantum and Woody hasn't been released yet I think. So its much newer lol!

If you include tie-ins, yes, but I'm not and because of that it's technically only 3 issues in :P

Staff Online
#25 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

I know ether a Batman or Superman book is going to win because ya know, comics, but if people are really honest with them selves then theyd know the books that have the most potential are the indy books where they have 100% creative freedom

#26 Posted by Cap10nate (2210 posts) - - Show Bio

Harbinger Wars for me. It's only a 4 issue crossover but the first three issues have been fantastic. Anything Valiant has put out recently has been great.

I'm really looking forward to Eternal Warrior #1 this fall and his appearance in X-O Manowar tomorrow.

#27 Posted by Lvenger (19116 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman Unchained for me. Batman/Superman had its share of confusing flaws in the second half of the issue that dragged down the story for me. Snyder delivered on a top notch entertaining issue that gave us strong understandings of Superman's supporting cast, an intriguing well balanced plot and a spot on portrayal of Superman himself.

#28 Posted by yo_yo_fun (643 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman Unchained gets my vote. I loved the 1st issue!

#29 Posted by Perfect 10 (1009 posts) - - Show Bio

east of west!!!!!!!!!!!!

#30 Posted by Grimoire (537 posts) - - Show Bio

@billy_batson said:

BB

They rebooted the series. Astro City 1 came out recently (not sure on the date).

I voted Superman Unchained but it was kind of a toss-up between it and Batman/Superman. I chose Bats/Supes at first but I switched to Superman Unchained at the last minute. They're too awesome to really choose between. I wish you could choose more than one.

Had the exact same problem choosing between the same two series. lol

#31 Posted by The Stegman (23803 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm most excited for Kick-Ass 3

#32 Posted by Cavemold (1678 posts) - - Show Bio

i went east of west i so close to picking astro city .

#33 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5008 posts) - - Show Bio

East of West, Ten Grand and The Wake are the best books on that list.

#34 Posted by Grubich (368 posts) - - Show Bio

While I'm more excited for Batman/Superman, I lime the idea of '66 Batman

#35 Edited by Strider92 (16242 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

If you include tie-ins, yes, but I'm not and because of that it's technically only 3 issues in :P

Really only? Thought there was at least 4 not including tie-ins O.O. Meuh I'll still stick with Quantum and Woody!

#36 Posted by ccraft (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed Batman/Superman more than Superman Unchained, I personally think Bat/Supes #2 will also be better that SU #2.

To me $5 is too much to add to my pull list, I'll add it to my collect later list.

#37 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17820 posts) - - Show Bio

superman/batman, LOVED it. unchained is decent but ehhhh

#38 Posted by SHAZAM2017 (15 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego: do you know what week Quantum and Woody comes out

#39 Posted by ShadowX (1218 posts) - - Show Bio

Tie between X-men, the movement and. Superior foes

#40 Posted by TDK_1997 (14654 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman/Superman.The first issue was great and out of the listed ones above that I have read I liked Batman/Superman the most.

#41 Posted by Billy Batson (57918 posts) - - Show Bio

@billy_batson said:

BB

They didn't reboot either. 100 Bullets: Lono is a spin-off and this is the eight volume of Astro City.

BB

#42 Posted by Billy Batson (57918 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@billy_batson said:

BB

Kick-Ass is new? X-Men is new? Batman/Superman is new? Quantum and Woody is new? Same creative teams or not, we're going by volumes and THEY BE NEW. But I guess the key difference is you just don't care about those titles :P

Well Kick-Ass isn't new either :p There's just something weird to compare titles that the same creative team has been doing a long time against series with new ones.

BB

#43 Edited by _Marc_74 (162 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman superman wasnt very good. Jeans. Wearing jeans ffs.

Unchained ok but not for me

BATMAN and east of west and wake I feel

Edit... ten grand!

#44 Edited by Immortal777 (7258 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman/Superman

#45 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2227 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman Unchained is a bit TOO obvious a choice, it just wasn't quite living up to the hype YET. Batman/Superman was pretty disappointing.

I'm going to go off the beaten path a bit and say The Superior Foes of Spider-Man. It seems gimmicky from a glance, unlike most of the titles here that look promising at a glance (plenty of which are) but Nick Spencer has yet to do anything but blow me away, and there's a very nice unique balance to the tone so far.

#46 Posted by Catsnlynne (1016 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for Black Bat. If anyone isn't reading it, you should give it a try.

#47 Posted by ccraft (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for Black Bat. If anyone isn't reading it, you should give it a try.

Looks like a good series, I hope to get some issues soon.

#48 Posted by flazam (2490 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Hornet

#49 Posted by Hawkguy (571 posts) - - Show Bio

Totally east of west. The only reason Unchained is winning is because people are scared of venturing outside of the Big 2. READ THIS PPL, its an unbelievable story. Its my most anticipated book on a monthly basis.

#50 Posted by Hawkguy (571 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: Only issue 1 had that price point because of the fold out poster