• 100 results
#1 Posted by Babylon (11 posts) - - Show Bio

in responce to the "most underrated", who's the most overrated?

here's my pick:

Deathstroke(jesus god do his fans get on my nerves)

The Bat-family I guess.

#2 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is very over-rated.

Wolverine too. (I mean there's a Wolverine vs. Thor thread on this very site)

#3 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Aw, don't hate on Deathstroke.

Wolverine and Spider-Man (Spidey VS Wonder Woman?)

I sometimes overrate Midnighter. It's easy though because his whole character encourages hyping him up. It's not to say he doesn't deserve it, but it can get carried away.

#4 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine

#5 Posted by Deep Blue (49 posts) - - Show Bio

The Sentry sometimes can get reaaally overrated (I expect his butt getting kicked by the Hulk). Latelly, Nova has been really overrated, but maybe I just don't totally like the character.

#6 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke taking on two generations of Titans............. right!

#7 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

He took on most of the JLA by himself during Identity Crisis.

#8 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

I get taking down Zatanna, she could turn him into a rabbit, but she's only human. Although she doesn't have to speak to cast spells. GL shoulda spanked him. He still didn't win though, the fight ended when Light flashed and he ran off.

#9 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is overrated................the dude doesn't even have powers!

#10 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Cryo-Wolf says:

"Batman is overrated................the dude doesn't even have powers!"

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! Batmans is listed as number two on this website as most powerful. second to superman...batman...rated higher than surfer, Galactus, gladiator...batman...really?

HE is Supremely overrated

#11 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean...........he doesn't have powers........he should be like way after Spider-man and anyone with powers......unless they're powers really aren't as good

#12 Posted by Anathema (8 posts) - - Show Bio

superman isnt really as over-rated as over powered ... however the under powered batman is gonna have to take it for my vote as most over rated fighter

#13 Posted by Babylon (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Aw, don't hate on Deathstroke. Wolverine and Spider-Man (Spidey VS Wonder Woman?) I sometimes overrate Midnighter. It's easy though because his whole character encourages hyping him up. It's not to say he doesn't deserve it, but it can get carried away."
I'm not hating on Slade.
Post Edited:2007-05-11 00:03:15
#14 Posted by Iori Yagami (98 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine (though that may be a case of overpowering, as he's now effectively unkillable). Batman, Batman, Batman. I like the character, but he's given way too much credit. The 'Batman with prep time can take down anybody' idea works the other way too: any super-powered being with decent intelligence and mental stability can take down Batman.

#15 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Iori Yagami says:

"The 'Batman with prep time can take down anybody' idea works the other way too: any super-powered being with decent intelligence and mental stability can take down Batman."

Yeah, but no one else has as much intelligence, money, resources and time to do it as well as Batman. Others could try but they don't, that's his thing.

#16 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue Devil! He gets all this hype and.......Just kidding. Bats, Midnighter, Electra, Deadpool.

#17 Posted by fesak (7058 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Wolverine, Batman and Superman.

#18 Posted by JackFlag (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really see Supes as overrated, since his power clearly goes up and down and has no real bar anyway.

Wolverine fights everyone from rednecks to Hulk, which I think is pretty ridiculous. Despite Marvel giving him godlike stats and credentials, all he ever does is yell and lunge at people, and regardless of the opponent, it very often works. Isn't Squirrel Girl a parody?

Batman will cater to who he's fighting, but beating Superman? I can't even explain how inarguably stupid that is. And writers have him do it on different occasions so it seems more plasuible and acceptable. Ugh. The source of all DC cheapness.

#19 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"Cryo-Wolf says:THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! Batmans is listed as number two on this website as most powerful. second to superman...batman...rated higher than surfer, Galactus, gladiator...batman...really?HE is Supremely overrated"

It's just based on popularity. Anyone who would be stupid enough to use that as a guide should use some common sense.

Buckshot says:

"Iori Yagami says:
"The 'Batman with prep time can take down anybody' idea works the other way too: any super-powered being with decent intelligence and mental stability can take down Batman."

Yeah, but no one else has as much intelligence, money, resources and time to do it as well as Batman. Others could try but they don't, that's his thing.

"

And I agree on that. Writers write some really crazy stuff to sell. He's got his own style and I think he should be respected for that.

#20 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman isn't so bad for overrating, his whole concept is that he is powerful, right back to 1938. Batman though, I have to agree. There is only so much an ordinary human being can do, regardless of resources and time.

#21 Posted by Assimilation (955 posts) - - Show Bio

JackFlag says:

"I don't really see Supes as overrated, since his power clearly goes up and down and has no real bar anyway. Wolverine fights everyone from rednecks to Hulk, which I think is pretty ridiculous. Despite Marvel giving him godlike stats and credentials, all he ever does is yell and lunge at people, and regardless of the opponent, it very often works. Isn't Squirrel Girl a parody? Batman will cater to who he's fighting, but beating Superman? I can't even explain how inarguably stupid that is. And writers have him do it on different occasions so it seems more plasuible and acceptable. Ugh. The source of all DC cheapness."

yeah, Batman is one of my favorie characters, and I can understand itwhen he beat superman with kryptonite, but now he is just getting a bit to powerful.

#22 Posted by Deep Blue (49 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, actually... I like Superman to be overrated (not Sentry, I still rather Supes, hehe), because he's ment to be god-like strong(at least, that's the idea with Superboy prime, and I'd love that, honestly!). But sometimes they seem to de-power'em so they can get in the range of most of the supervillians (not all are near-omnipotent as Superman) and a couple of issues later, they're clearly overwhelming superior to those villians they hardly could beat before. That's the problem with guys like Superman, they can't decide their range.

#23 Edited by blackadam (2137 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverine
#24 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio

This is not a battle. 

#25 Posted by Warcry80 (2151 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

Hulk

Batman

Silver Surfer

#26 Posted by Lost_Rellik (2120 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman by far. According to most people, if he has prep he always stomps? Thats just crazy
#27 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

Recently Iron Fist and Luke Cage have been really over rated. 
And dare I say ....................................... 

Storm.

#28 Posted by Lost_Rellik (2120 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baddamdog said:
"Recently Iron Fist and Luke Cage have been really over rated. And dare I say .......................................    Storm. "

Yeah I have to agree. Ive never seen anything special with Luke cage....just another brawler/brick that can't even lift as much as other bricks like Hulk, Juggs, Herc, Thor, etc. I really don't get it with him at all. 

Although, I do find Iron Fist pretty cool, but as you said, recently I do to find him to be somewhat overrated but not the extent of batman or storm.
#29 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron fist is not overrated. He is that powerful.
=]

#30 Posted by mavfan626 (4130 posts) - - Show Bio

Most underrated I think would be Deadpool I think he's a really skilled fighter but everyone screams! "the cat! he got beatin by the cat!" and every fight he's been in suddenly go out the window. 

Most overrated would have to be daken.

#31 Posted by Mercy_ (92767 posts) - - Show Bio

Not actually a battle.

#32 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" Not actually a battle. "
I already said that. I usurped your unofficial job. :P
#33 Posted by Mercy_ (92767 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467 said:
" @The Dark Huntress said:
I already said that. I usurped your unofficial job. :P "
Didn't even see it :P
#34 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @Silver2467 said:
Didn't even see it :P "
It's alright. Most likely better if stated twice. The point may get across if brought up enough. 
#35 Posted by Mercy_ (92767 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467 said:
" @Silver2467 said:
Didn't even see it :P "
It's alright. Most likely better if stated twice. The point may get across if brought up enough.  "
We can only hope.
#36 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lost_Rellik said:
"Batman by far. According to most people, if he has prep he always stomps? Thats just crazy "

Batgirl even more than him....
#37 Posted by NickA (2216 posts) - - Show Bio

TOAA :)
#38 Posted by Night Thrasher (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine, Deathstroke, Superman, Daredevil, Karate Kid

#39 Posted by stafikking (381 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is overrated. But still, he can probably buy the world or something with all his cash. Basically, you fight batman, you fight the guy who has billions of dollars and has military satalites in space. 

In other words, you fight batman, then you fight the world.
#40 Posted by JEdThing (173 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lost_Rellik: 
I don't think people give Luke Cage the credit he deserves. Luke Cage is a pretty cool character :)

Iron fist is cool and i agree with you 100% with storm and batman being really over rated.
#41 Posted by Lost_Rellik (2120 posts) - - Show Bio
@JEdThing said:
" @Lost_Rellik:  I don't think people give Luke Cage the credit he deserves. Luke Cage is a pretty cool character :)  Iron fist is cool and i agree with you 100% with storm and batman being really over rated. "

Well to each their own. I like other bricks more such as Thing and Colossus. Each I feel are both way better characters that need a big push.
#42 Posted by Mercy_ (92767 posts) - - Show Bio

Guess what? It's still not a battle :P

#43 Posted by Agent9149 (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

listen batman i love you to death...but ur overated.....and spiderman is overated alot..i mean he doesnt even have offensive powers...they are all evasive.................and midnighter isnt overrated...i am sorry people he can back his stuffing up

#44 Edited by Pr_Beyonder (2440 posts) - - Show Bio
@agent9149 said:

"listen batman i love you to death...but ur overated.....and spiderman is overated alot..i mean he doesnt even have offensive powers...they are all evasive.................and midnighter isnt overrated...i am sorry people he can back his stuffing up "

On top of that  Hulk,Storm,Juggernaut,Shuma Gorath,Lucifer,Michael,Divine Spawn,Apocolypse,and often Thanos. 

Edit: Forgot to mention Superman,Wolverine,Goku,all dbgt characters(some z fighters are be under rated.)
#45 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

Well when it comes to hand to hand its Batman.  Jesus christ he said he was a level 12 fighter and Karate kid was 15....WTF Batman is not that good I dont even consider him top 5.  Thats Karate Kid, Lady Shiva, Richard Dragon, Deathstroke, Bronze Tiger.  Prometheus is swapable with all of them except Karate Kid 

When it comes to Heros its Superman and Batman.  My god I hate the both of them, Superman not only has feats that are totally unfathomable ( Thor dosent have half his feats and he's a fucking god! ) he's also aparently the 30 generation offspring of  Rao the Sun God.  My god whats next?  Was he responsible for the big bang?  there is so much one can do before you say thats totally rediulous and I cant follow you because your an overated prick.  Batman same thing.  Wish Bane would have kept his back broken for ever
#46 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

No wait I lie about superman, hes overpowerd not overrated.  In fact writers dont utilize his super intelligence enough making him slightly underrated
#47 Posted by slacker the hacker (7839 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest Daken
#48 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman also, people like to say that his spider sense kick him totally unhittable but he kinda ignores them alot
#49 Posted by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio
@daak1212 said:
" Spiderman also, people like to say that his spider sense kick him totally unhittable but he kinda ignores them alot "
plot device
#50 Posted by blds_bane (455 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pr_Beyonder said:
" @agent9149 said:

"listen batman i love you to death...but ur overated.....and spiderman is overated alot..i mean he doesnt even have offensive powers...they are all evasive.................and midnighter isnt overrated...i am sorry people he can back his stuffing up "

On top of that  Hulk,Storm,Juggernaut,Shuma Gorath,Lucifer,Michael,Divine Spawn,Apocolypse,and often Thanos.  Edit: Forgot to mention Superman,Wolverine,Goku,all dbgt characters