• 120 results
Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#51  Edited By Lvenger

@the_red_viper: I still don't see how Batman killed the Joker in that final scene. Symbolic interpretation and too much emphasis on the metaphorical meaning of the story led to too much emphasis on Batman supposedly killing the Joker when there's no evidence for this. Besides it goes against Gordon's instructions to bring Joker in by the book. Batman wouldn't disrespect Jim's wishes in that regard.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Captain's marvel sacrifice in Kingdom Come

I remember first reading Kingdom Come and just staying here for a little while. Got me shivering.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultimate Aunt May and Gwen Stacy's "Reunion" with Peter in Spider-Men

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

A world with no walking WMDS. Paradise.

This scene is the reason why X-men comics are so s***

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 the_red_viper  Moderator

@lvenger said:

@the_red_viper: I still don't see how Batman killed the Joker in that final scene. Symbolic interpretation and too much emphasis on the metaphorical meaning of the story led to too much emphasis on Batman supposedly killing the Joker when there's no evidence for this. Besides it goes against Gordon's instructions to bring Joker in by the book. Batman wouldn't disrespect Jim's wishes in that regard.

Well, Batman's hands ARE around The Joker's throat, and the laughter DOES die very suddenly.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@the_red_viper: The scan where Batman is playing cards in the Asylum is actually with an impostor Joker.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@the_red_viper: The scan where Batman is playing cards in the Asylum is actually with an impostor Joker.

I was talking about that one actually:

No Caption Provided

Quite concievable that the Batmobile runs over The Joker as well though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: Yeah he may be pushing him into the path of the Batmobile. It's really a haunting page.

Avatar image for herokiller12344
Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By Herokiller12344

@the_red_viper: Out of context, this makes me hate Batman even more. He's actually paling around with that mass murdering freak.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By XLR87T3

@ganon15 said:

I've changed my mind:

No Caption Provided

Keep it up, and you'll make it far on this site! :)

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Well, Batman's hands ARE around The Joker's throat, and the laughter DOES die very suddenly.

And the name of the story IS "THE KILLING JOKE"!!!!!

patzello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like I recently answered something to this affect, but Silver Surfer: Requiem.

Spoilers ahead!

Surfer goes back to Zennla to die of a disease that no one can fix. As he lies there, a shadow falls on the planet: Galactus and his world ship. Surfer stumbles out of his chambers to face his former master.

Galactus lifts Norrin to his face, and for the first time shows grief.

He then says "I do not know if I can save you, but I can try."

God, I almost tear up typing it. It may not be cannon, but it says so much about both characters and their relationship.I wish I had scans. That whole mini series is gorgeous.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided
RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
I'll Let The Scans Speak For Themselves
I'll Let The Scans Speak For Themselves

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 the_red_viper  Moderator
waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@waezi2 said:
No Caption Provided

That was such a satisfying moment.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cap10nate: I know, right? My favorite issue in the entire series.

Anbu_B_Team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

This is one of the most beautiful moments for me. I get so emotional whenever I see this photo. It just says much with only four simple words.

No Caption Provided

I miss Skaar, what's he up to these days?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he's just hanging out in Limbo now that Dark Avengers has been over.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

I think he's just hanging out in Limbo now that Dark Avengers has been over.

He's actually part of the young avengers, him, lyra and like alot others were avengers assembled recently

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By spinningbirdcake
waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Breaks my heart every time.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Swamp Thing and Abby.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Lvenger

@the_red_viper: I know but that could just signal the end of the story and the dark, twisted end of the Batman/Joker relationship. Besides, Batman's no kill code is now stauncher than Superman's (which I'm very annoyed about but that's going off topic) so to have Batman give into the dark impulses that make him just like the villains he fights undermines a core principle of Batman's mission. Of course that's just how I see it but just because of Morrison's interpretation and the title of the book, that doesn't mean it is literally the Killing Joke between Batman and The Joker.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 the_red_viper  Moderator

@lvenger said:

@the_red_viper: I know but that could just signal the end of the story and the dark, twisted end of the Batman/Joker relationship. Besides, Batman's no kill code is now stauncher than Superman's (which I'm very annoyed about but that's going off topic) so to have Batman give into the dark impulses that make him just like the villains he fights undermines a core principle of Batman's mission. Of course that's just how I see it but just because of Morrison's interpretation and the title of the book, that doesn't mean it is literally the Killing Joke between Batman and The Joker.

Well you're talking about Batman's moral code as it is now, but you have to remember that The Killing Joke was written in 1988. That's 25 years ago, which is about 33% of Batman's career. It's very old when you think of it this way.

The ending is of course open to interpetation. But as I see it, The Joker is dead.

Moreover, one could say that Batman's laughter in the end actually means that he's finally gone COMPLETELY mad. As in, he's now The Joker but with martial art skills. And that "The Killing Joke" killed not only The Joker himself, but also Batman. As in, the Batman we know, the one that's still somewhat sane. It killed Gotham's savior and gave birth to its new greatest enemy.

It's also ironic when you think about it since The Joker's whole purpose in this arc was to make Jim Gordon go insane, to prove that all it takes is one bad day to make the sanest person go mad. Batman wanted to prove him wrong of course. Jim Gordon is fine, but Batman is the one who's fallen victim to The Joker's scheme. Maybe that was his plan all along?

As well as what Batman told him (his double, actually) in the beginning-that they're gonna end up killing each other, and that's exactly what happened: Batman killed The Joker by strangling him or throwing him in front of the car or whatever, and The Joker killed Batman inside.

Damn. Dat sh!t's dope.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: It sounds more like they're laughing together. And that's a police car that shows up, not an ordinary car. Also, whilst it is a possibility, one can be guilty of looking too deeply into those last few panels as possible over emphasis on certain scenes.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 the_red_viper  Moderator

@lvenger said:

@the_red_viper: It sounds more like they're laughing together. And that's a police car that shows up, not an ordinary car. Also, whilst it is a possibility, one can be guilty of looking too deeply into those last few panels as possible over emphasis on certain scenes.

Oh, I just noticed it's a police car and not the Batmobile.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: Yeah the sirens and the sound effect are what give it away. Would have been cool if Batman brought the Batmobile and had it run Joker over :P

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 the_red_viper  Moderator

@lvenger said:

@the_red_viper: Yeah the sirens and the sound effect are what give it away. Would have been cool if Batman brought the Batmobile and had it run Joker over :P

Lol, I thought the "WEEEEEEE" was the engine, and I didn't notice the sirens. XD

My interpetation still stands though.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Lvenger

@the_red_viper: As does mine since comic books are mostly subjective experiences depending on who reads them. Agree to disagree?

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@lvenger said:

@the_red_viper: As does mine since comic books are mostly subjective experiences depending on who reads them. Agree to disagree?

Yeah, of course. Most forms of literature are, when the ending is inconclusive.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Lvenger

@the_red_viper: I wish Moore would confirm it so that it could be settled. But of course he is basically a recluse now.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@lvenger said:

@the_red_viper: I wish Moore would confirm it so that it could be settled. But of course he is basically a recluse now.

I kinda hold a different opinion. Half the fun is developing your own point of view in my opinion.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

I kinda hold a different opinion. Half the fun is developing your own point of view in my opinion.

True but in a case like this, writer confirmation would be useful. Still, what you've just said is why I love Morrison's writing as well as Moore's because you have to look into the writing of the story.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

if AV is the mystery guy in the new guardians of he galaxy then i could see this ending for a Flash and Carol romance

Wilbertus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

There have been so many over the years. This is the last time that I got chills from a comic book:

No Caption Provided

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 the_red_viper  Moderator

@lvenger said:

@the_red_viper said:

@lvenger said:

True but in a case like this, writer confirmation would be useful. Still, what you've just said is why I love Morrison's writing as well as Moore's because you have to look into the writing of the story.

Yeah they're both definitely in the top comic book writers ever. Moore is arguably number one IMO.

There have been so many over the years. This is the last time that I got chills from a comic book:

No Caption Provided

That was definitely an awesome moment. Did you read the 3rd issue? The ending was even better in my opinion. I can't wait to see what we have waiting for us up next.

Wilbertus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#99  Edited By Wilbertus

@the_red_viper: Yes, I did! I thought that was a very cool moment too, but this one seemed more powerful to me personally. I am really curious what Forever Evil has in store for us too. There are so many storylines going on and so many tie-ins and I am excited about pretty much every one of them.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 the_red_viper  Moderator

@the_red_viper: Yes, I did! I thought that was a very cool moment too, but this one seemed more powerful to me personally. I am really curious what Forever Evil has in store for us too. There are so many storylines going on and so many tie-ins and I am excited about pretty much every one of them.

Yeah, it's going to be awesome without a shade of doubt. I liked the end of the 3rd issue more because you see how a crisis can unite a group of villains so different from one another. I really think DC is gonna score with this one.

As for the tie-ins, I'm also following on Arkham War (havn't read the 2nd yet though, but they're reserving one copy for me in my local comic book store. I might go tomorrow). ARGUS seems kinda dull to be honest, and I havn't really looked into Rogues Rebellion though it looks cool.