• 119 results
#1 Posted by reaperOnyx (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

What is the most beautiful moments in comics to you? From a love scene to reunions to a bloody death, what is it?

#2 Posted by Herokiller12344 (999 posts) - - Show Bio

A world with no walking WMDS. Paradise.

#3 Posted by TifaLockhart (14044 posts) - - Show Bio

When Machineman told off the Watcher.

#4 Edited by Juiceboks (8523 posts) - - Show Bio

My all time favorite Thor moment.

#5 Posted by consolemaster001 (5277 posts) - - Show Bio

"Thou art no thor"

#6 Posted by 14NC3 (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't think of many beautiful moments in comics off the top of my head, but I agree with this.

#7 Posted by SOG7dc (7004 posts) - - Show Bio

The end of allstar superman where he leaves Lois

When Alana pointed the gun at Hazels head to save her from the stalk

When batman almost killed ducard because of Damien

When superman saves a girl from suicide even though he was in the midst of a ton of his own crap

When young Thor killed gorr

When Hal Jordan killed krona

When superman was flying in Africa in birthright

#8 Posted by EnigmaLantern (750 posts) - - Show Bio

Love it, what issue was this?

#9 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7825 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

When Superman and Wonder Woman ask Batman to be their future child's godfather in Kingdom Come. God that was beautiful.

#11 Posted by BlackLegRaph (671 posts) - - Show Bio

"I believe in Harvey Dent" from Batman the Long Halloween.

The end of the Mr Majestic run when some golden headed dude says "Let there be Light".

This is beside the point, but the episode of JLU where Booster Gold goes solo was pretty darn beautiful. It was called "The greatest story never told". I might start a thread on that.

#12 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21740 posts) - - Show Bio

#13 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11376 posts) - - Show Bio

This is one of the most beautiful moments for me. I get so emotional whenever I see this photo. It just says much with only four simple words.

#14 Edited by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

#15 Posted by ganon15 (1448 posts) - - Show Bio

#16 Posted by MannEffest (1279 posts) - - Show Bio

This is one of the most beautiful moments for me. I get so emotional whenever I see this photo. It just says much with only four simple words.

100% agree… This moment brought me to tears. Just this panel alone. Wow, so much emotion.

Also this, (in fact the entirety of Identity Crisis was my pick,)

#17 Edited by SheenLantern (6471 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by batmannflash (6215 posts) - - Show Bio

The entirety of All-Star Superman and Identity Crisis. As mentioned above, the Death of Spider-Man was incredibly beautiful as well

I also thought that the ending of The Killing Joke was beautiful in a strange kind of way, when Joker tells the joke

#19 Edited by AllStarSuperman (21740 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11376 posts) - - Show Bio

@manneffest: "Batman and Robin. Orphans." Powerful stuff. Good choice.

#21 Posted by SheenLantern (6471 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: Just look at it! It's ugly. It looks like it was drawn by a pile of sh!t.

#22 Edited by mikex20 (2769 posts) - - Show Bio

#23 Edited by tec79 (163 posts) - - Show Bio

Damien and Dick Grayson in Batman Incorporated #8 vol.2

#24 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21740 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: Just look at it! It's ugly. It looks like it was drawn by a pile of sh!t.

hey, that's my pile of SH!T! whatever you can have your own opinion,

#25 Posted by ganon15 (1448 posts) - - Show Bio

I've changed my mind:

#26 Posted by Fallschirmjager (16782 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee said:

100% agree… This moment brought me to tears. Just this panel alone. Wow, so much emotion.

)

also the

"I'm sorry I couldn't save Uncle Ben, Aunt May...but at least I save you"

f***

the feels.

#27 Posted by AmazingAngel (4121 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone got anything else, I need more feels.

#28 Posted by SOG7dc (7004 posts) - - Show Bio

@amazingangel:

how about issue 3 of greg pak's batman/superman. bruce and clark's first time meeting one another

#29 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (11376 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: I try not to think about that line because it makes me, a 20 year old man, cry. LOL

#30 Posted by Fallschirmjager (16782 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by batmannflash (6215 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15 said:

I've changed my mind:

lol where is this from?

#32 Posted by The Stegman (23972 posts) - - Show Bio

When Superman and Wonder Woman ask Batman to be their future child's godfather in Kingdom Come. God that was beautiful.

My God, yes! I actually teared up on that.

#33 Posted by Nerd Of A Hero (862 posts) - - Show Bio

I cry and laugh at the same time at this moment.

#34 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

The end of the Killing Joke when the Joker tells his joke. It was really sad and relatable in a strange sort of way.

#35 Posted by ganon15 (1448 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: The New Adventures of Supergirl the Girl of Steel.

@the_red_viper said:

Boy, Old Clark bares a large resemblance to Tim Daly. lol

#36 Posted by HumanRocket (7815 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain's marvel sacrifice in Kingdom Come

#37 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (10877 posts) - - Show Bio

This sh*t still puts a strain on my heart.

#38 Posted by oceanmaster21 (7883 posts) - - Show Bio

when anakin first becomes palaptine aprentice let his days as a sith begin

#39 Posted by RetconCrisis (3735 posts) - - Show Bio

After Hank Henshaw (Cyborg Supes) and Mongol destroyed Coast City and killed 7 million people. After that, Hal Jordan, after witnessing his homeland being destroyed, went mad, and after that the people saw Hal as sort of an outcast. Because of this, CC became a ghost city, as no one wanted to live in it.

However, when SCW came, and the Sinestro Corps attacked Coast City, Hal Jordan told the people of coast city to evacuate. However, the people chose to remain in their homes and shone green lights in all of their windows to show their own willpower, because they were inspired by how Hal showed his will during the battles he faced. This showed the people of Coast City had let Hal redeem himself.

After the event, the population of Coast City boosted up almost 3 million, and the city became known as The City Without Fear in honor of Hal and the GL corps.

#40 Edited by RustyRoy (12017 posts) - - Show Bio
Look At Those Eyes, Batman Is Born

#41 Edited by TheWalkingDeadpool (23 posts) - - Show Bio

We3...

#42 Posted by batmannflash (6215 posts) - - Show Bio

After Hank Henshaw (Cyborg Supes) and Mongol destroyed Coast City and killed 7 million people. After that, Hal Jordan, after witnessing his homeland being destroyed, went mad, and after that the people saw Hal as sort of an outcast. Because of this, CC became a ghost city, as no one wanted to live in it.

However, when SCW came, and the Sinestro Corps attacked Coast City, Hal Jordan told the people of coast city to evacuate. However, the people chose to remain in their homes and shone green lights in all of their windows to show their own willpower, because they were inspired by how Hal showed his will during the battles he faced. This showed the people of Coast City had let Hal redeem himself.

After the event, the population of Coast City boosted up almost 3 million, and the city became known as The City Without Fear in honor of Hal and the GL corps.

I remember this! An amazing scene

#43 Posted by EnigmaLantern (750 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_red_viper said:

Captain's marvel sacrifice in Kingdom Come

Kingdom Come is so beautiful. I love it. Re-read it (some of it) yesterday.

#45 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

Also there's this one:

There's no way Batman DIDN'T kill The Joker here. No way.

Batman is just full of beautifully epic and epically beautiful moments. The Killing Joke in itself is one big beautiful moment in comics, both the end and the beginning:

There's also the part, just before the end, where Batman tells The Joker that it doesn't have to end like that (where they kill each other), and offers him help, rehabilitation. And The Joker actually looks sad, and tells him: "No. I'm sorry, but... no. It's too late for that. Far too late".

I don't have a scanner and I couldn't find that page on Google so for those of you who havn't read The Killing Joke, just use your imagination (or better yet, buy the goddamn novel, you have to!)

There's something I noticed about Batman... when people refer to him as "Batman", it's... ordinary. Kinda boring, even. But when people refer to him as "The Batman", like Wonder Woman did when she said "There are things that The Batman can teach our child... that Clark and I can't", it gives him some sort of aura that I can't find a word to describe. It makes him appear as more of a symbol than just some badass bozo in a bat-suit. It's part of what made me love that part of Kingdom Come so much.

I noticed it not too long ago. Almost every time that people in comics refer to him as "The Batman", it gives me some sort of chills... I can't really explain it better than that, hope you understand what I mean, lol.

#47 Posted by redleader1 (495 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by ganon15 (1448 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15: what comic is it from.

The New Adventures of Supergirl Girl of Steel" Vol 5

#50 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18029 posts) - - Show Bio