@fallschirmjager: Well, never actually got to play the first KOTOR game, but know the lore of the character well enough. I was just curious as to why he was your favorite.
Because of the story like I said. Its so great. Being a prodigy as a Jedi, wanting to be more of a force for good rather than the Jedi's isolationist ways, falling to the Dark Side, surviving a capital ship blowing up his own ship, forgetting who is he and becoming a Jedi / Sith again (depending on how you went, but I believe Jedi is canon) and then ultimately becoming a Grey Jedi lol. He's pretty much the only dude to have been at extreme ends of the Dark / Light sides of the force.
Also his mask/armor and robe is sexy :)
@ostyo: I just love the lore and fear associated with him. He is like no other sith, he is not a "powerful man" or even a personality, he is the darkside incarnate, a pure force of nature. Kreia (a great sith in her own right) feared him. He could instantly kill and absorb any force user that wasnt a wound in the force. He would have devoured the universe if he wasnt stopped. I love Nihilus.
@jedixman: I noticed that as well, I mean Grevious? He is not even a Force sensitive let alone Sith -_- Also I know there is a "other" option but Naga Sadow is a important figure he should be mandatory.
Savage Opress... Asajj... Starkiller... the Legacy Sith...
Yup. All much more noteworthy than Naga Sadow.
@dccomicsrule2011: @jedixman: I added those choices for more casual fans who are only familiar with the movies or animated series, they're quite a few sith like Traya, Naga Shadow, Scourge who I was tempted to add but the other choice works.
Also, Savage Opress and the Dark Apprentice(Not Starkiller, the other clone) are sith. Asajj is called a Dark Jedi, but that's highly debatable.
But you can still vote for anybod and explain why they're so awesome, so what's the problem?
Doesn't matter. Two reasons:
- Maul was never a master. He never earned that right by killing his master, and therefore he has absolutely no right to take an apprentice. Opress is a pretender, and Maul is a failure.
- Maul was barely a real Sith Apprentice. He was just a temporary means to an end.
and the Dark Apprentice was Vader's true student and backup plan if Starkiller couldn't be turned.
And Starkiller wasn't an actual Sith either. Again, just a means. He was never going to be a successor.
Btw who did you vote for?
@jedixman: Darth Millennial, Darth Malak, Darth Sion, Darth Nihilus never actually suceeded in killing their masters but are still consider great Sith Lords who took on their students. Heck, Count Dooku was viewed as nothing more then a tool by his master like many apprentices were, that didn't make them any less of a Sith.
Anyway, I have a question for ya.
@jedixman: Darth Millennial, Darth Malak, Darth Sion, Darth Nihilus never actually suceeded in killing their masters but are still consider great Sith Lords who took on their students.
And none of them, except for Millennial, are Banite Sith. So they are not applicable. Darth Sion was also the lowest of the Sith Triumvirate.
Millennial is not a Sith Master. He left his master and made a cult, forcing his master to take a new apprentice. He never became a Sith Master.
As for why Palpatine is my favorite, it is because of 3 reasons;
1. He is the most powerful Sith hands down, no question about it. They are very few that could even pose a threat to Palpatine at the height of his power, let alone beat him. The only people on this list that would even pose a threat to the Revenge Of The Sith version Palpatine, is Plagueis and Caedus, the rest would be stomped so hard to the point it's almost silly that it's a battle.
2. He is pure evil. Palpatine is basicly Satan in the Star Wars universe. He would destroy a planet just because he hates a perticular race. He cares for nothing but power and furthering his goal. To me not only is the Emperor the best Sith ever ; I would go as far and say he is the best villian in fiction period.
3. He is a mastermind and a master manipulator. He is arguably the best strategist in Star Wars canon. The way he manipulated both sides of the Clone Wars.....was flawless. The way he manipulated Anakin and turned him to the darkside, the way he manipulated Plagueis for years with out said Sith knowing it was , The way he planned the fall of the Jedi and Revenge of the Sith and rise of the Empire is astonishing. The Grand Plan was executed flawlessly by the badass that goes by the name of Darth Sidious.