• 177 results
Avatar image for oosupermanthathoeoo
oOSupermanThatHoeOo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I watched it 3 times release weekend and have since viewed it 4 more times. Each time it's equally as enjoyable. An intense movie with a great score that does the character justice and counter balances the shame I feel when watching the likes of Thor, The Avengers, or any subsequent IM films. You're entitled to your opinion, but you just sound like a butt hurt troll. And by the way, most of the destruction was the result of the terra forming, please cite a plausible instance where this wouldn't create widespread destruction.

Mitran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I highly disagree.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched it 3 times release weekend and have since viewed it 4 more times. Each time it's equally as enjoyable. An intense movie with a great score that does the character justice and counter balances the shame I feel when watching the likes of Thor, The Avengers, or any subsequent IM films. You're entitled to your opinion, but you just sound like a butt hurt troll. And by the way, most of the destruction was the result of the terra forming, please cite a plausible instance where this wouldn't create widespread destruction.

Says the guy who said this.

Man of Steel was amazing on many levels, the beta male neckbeards can cry all they want but Marvel movies generally reek of gay and there's a practical counterpoint to all the gripes people have about MoS. Although I enjoyed Avengers, it was riddled with childish banter and honestly would've been much better had they recast the asgardians, I can never take those guys seriously. They look dumb, they act dumb, just a bad fit in general but some of the chemistry worked.

But yes OP, I tried reviewing the avengers on netflix with family and had to stop. It was worse upon second viewing and those highlight moments in the movie couldn't come soon enough.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#154  Edited By Cream_God

Honestly, it was pretty good, things that bug me the most though was that Supes wasn't a boyscout and Lois reminded to much of Kristen Wiigs character in Paul

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I didn't even enjoy it in theaters....I've never been closer to walking out on a movie than I was during MoS

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I swear this site is becoming as bad as system wars on Gamespot.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

@yung_ancient_one: What's with the questionnaire?

He probably just wants to discuss the movie with a fellow fan of it. Nothing wrong with that.

Ultron345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Isn't that kind of the same thing you are doing though? Just pro-Marvel anti-DC. Just asking

Ultron345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Ultron345
TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I don't know why people don't like the movie and always spit on DC movies and Marvel movies get high ratings and a lot of praise when they are easilly way worse than the DC ones.I am not saying the movie is perfect or anything but it has a big charm in it and when people point out flaws like Superman destroying Metropolis they kinda forget that he has been a hero for such a short time and this is a worldwide threat that is stronger than him.I still can't understand people and their way of watching movies,rating them and then showing their disapproval with them.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Experio

Common points but not to the stage it wasn't enjoyable

Zainu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Zainu

I enjoyed Captain America more than I did MoS. The funny thing is, I watched Captain America(believing that it would be bad but hey, why not? I was genuinely surprised when it turned out to be pretty good. I mean, the whole film built up the WW2 world really well. I found everything to be believable.), meanwhile, I walk into MoS, hyped and excited as hell...and get disappointed in so many ways. They kinda butchered his Kryptonian background a bit(to make it more edgy? I suppose...but really, it kind of lost the emotional effect that I've always had when I saw Kal's parents die in each others arms), had a mousy Lois Lane who's scripted big words didn't match her quiet, timid voice, the first half of the movie was just a bunch of cut up scenes that didn't mesh well, and I was in disbelief when Pa Kent was just standing, peacefully and serenly smiling, with his hair slightly caressed by the wind, while the tornado came and ate him up. I was like,....nobody stands still when there's a hurricane that close to them. He should have been blown off his feet when the hurricane was a hundred feet away, much less standing rock solid on his feet until the tunnel literally had to swallow him up. It was just so obviously greenscreened and CGI'd that I couldn't even enjoy it. And Clark's cliche NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I had to stare into his gaping mouth for what felt like 5 minutes. And really, I couldn't conjure any sympathy for him, because it was like, dude, I'm sorry but this entire death is just so fake and cliche. Get out of here. Lois and Clarke...while they looked the part, they weren't good at acting at all. Superman came off as emotionally distant and Lois was just...not Lois.

The only redeeming part of the movie were Zod's cool space-ship, Clark using and showcasing his powers, Faora kicking ass and taking names, and black Perry being so damn awesome in the face of annihilation. Real highlights. I teared up at the Perry scene. So I guess this movie gets a B-. Could have been sooo much more, but yeah.

It really says something, when I found Captain America to be more believable than MoS. I've never even heard about Cap before the movie either :/

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@houseshm said:
Loading Video...

Lol. No one should ever, ever, take Cinema sins seriously. It's purely for humor, if you take them for their word, most of the time they nitpick or are just plain wrong.

Man of steel still got pretty bad reviews. Its not a movie I would watch again. It felt like they just made it for another reboot.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@i_like_swords: Isn't that kind of the same thing you are doing though? Just pro-Marvel anti-DC. Just asking

It was a demonstration of how stupid these debates are. I don't really care for nitpicking movies anyway. Although I do personally prefer and think Marvel is doing better.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#166  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@houseshm said:

@the_stegman said:

@houseshm said:
Loading Video...

Lol. No one should ever, ever, take Cinema sins seriously. It's purely for humor, if you take them for their word, most of the time they nitpick or are just plain wrong.

Man of steel still got pretty bad reviews. Its not a movie I would watch again. It felt like they just made it for another reboot.

If we are going by Cinema Sins ratings, he has videos FAR longer than MoS :p

the original Matrix sins video is nearly 15 minutes :(

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Loading Video...

And..yes..The Avengers had one also. Not as long a Man of Steel..but points 54-60 are spot on. (Actually,I think most of these are spot-on, but 54-60 especially.) Though I will say, I've yet to see any comic movie fans get as defensive as The Avengers. Pointing out flaws in MOS or TDK, or ASM, or whatever..that's being observant. Pointing out flaws in The Avengers? Well, now you're just a "Hater" or "Marvel-Bashing" which I'm told we should not do.(Seriously, I got an email after my first post in here, saying I shouldn't "Marvel-Bash", though I'd trolled long enough to see plenty of DC-bashing.) DC-Bashing I guess, is okay. While the OP states he was just making a point, don't we all get the feeling that if "Frozen's" thread had been "TDK is only enjoyable in Theaters" that "Swords" would have not made a response thread?

Ultron345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Ok. I won't sugar coat it, I am a much bigger DC fan than I am Marvel. That doesn't mean I am allowed to be ignorant and stupid though, I agree Marvel movies are overall better. Marvel has a larger sample size though. If the next DC movie is a hit that would be 5 in a row and I don't think people could hold on to that same notion that DC films are 'bad'

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol bait thread of peace!

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This along with Frozen ' s thread should be locked.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@farkam said:

@yung_ancient_one: What's with the questionnaire?

He probably just wants to discuss the movie with a fellow fan of it. Nothing wrong with that.

Pretty much what Wolvie8 posted. I just wanted to discuss the film with someone who enjoyed it. Everyone I know who has watched it didn't enjoy it.

What about you Wolvie8? Why did you enjoy The Wolverine film? What was your favorite scene? What did you think about the villains? How was the ending for you? Would you have changed anything? (+)

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yung_ancient_one: I really liked The Wolverine. Honestly, I think going down the route James Mangold did in being small and self contained while focusing mostly on the development of Wolverine's character. It gave the the film a refreshing tone in comparison to the other CBMs that came out that year like Iron Man 3 or Man of Steel which were going for the big spectacle feel to them. The acting was great, and I really liked the interpretation of Japan that was presented. I also enjoyed how the fight scenes were very realistic, and didn't rely on CGI all that much like some other CBMs. My favorite scene from the entire movie had to be the train fight. We've seen a couple of train fights in CBMS, but I think the production crew manage to make this train fight unique, and legitimately hilarious. I enjoyed the ending, and I feel it managed to close a well done character arc with Wolverine, and has me excited for what they want to do with him in the cinematic universe next. The only thing I would have changed was Viper. She was over top, and cringe worthy at times.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

@gordyman said:

Batman vs. Superman is going to be an awful movie, anyone who can't see that is blind. Avengers was way better than Man of Steel, and Avengers 2 will be better than BvS.

We have a time-traveller among us. How do you know all of this?!

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Like I said in the parallel Avengers thread, I enjoy MoS still. I think it takes itself too seriously at times, a flaw in the Nolan Batman movies as well, but it's still entertaining and enjoyable.

I like both Marvel and DC's movies, guess I'm an anomaly here.

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Gordyman

@lyrafay said:

@gordyman said:

Batman vs. Superman is going to be an awful movie, anyone who can't see that is blind. Avengers was way better than Man of Steel, and Avengers 2 will be better than BvS.

1. It's a bit rushed, and it's obvious they're trying to catch up to Marvel. They should have done another MoS movie before going straight to BvS. Couldn't they have even given Wonder Woman a solo before a BvS movie?

2. It has an awful cast.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#176  Edited By LyraFay

@gordyman said:

@lyrafay said:

@gordyman said:

1. It's a bit rushed, and it's obvious they're trying to catch up to Marvel. They should have done another MoS movie before going straight to BvS. Couldn't they have even given Wonder Woman a solo before a BvS movie?

2. It has an awful cast.

Again no one should pre-judge anything especially for a movie that hasn't started filming yet. They haven't given information of anything. SO WE KNOW NOTHING.

Avatar image for xxedward_kenwayxx
XxEdward_KenwayXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: It tops all of marvels movies in quality except Cap 2, and Iron man 1. The avengers and the rest of the marvel movies are guilty pleasures.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@wolverine08:

That is true about what you posted that it is a self contained movie. I totally agree that it was refreshing being a character focused movie. Rather, than the over the top, possible ending of the world type of story for a CBM. I enjoyed most of the fight scenes as well. However, I wish the last ninja fight was longer. I really wanted a big battle against all the ninjas but it was fairly short. Because the last ninja fight was so short, my favorite scene is the train fight one as well.

Train fights have been done before but this felt more realistic to me or at least more dangerous. I liked the ending but it felt rushed. I wanted the last ninja fight to be epic causing Logans defeat to be more impactful. For me the last ninja fight scene would be the only thing I'd change. (+)