More batman books??!?!?!? WHY?!?!?!

• 100 results
king1_icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Come on even the most hardcore batman fanboy has to admit this is getting ridicules. I started out reading comics a few months ago and begin to like DC rather than marvel, mainly because i never gave them a chance...but this is going to far. Im starting to like marvel more. I feel like DC has so many good characters that they just F over for one character. Marvel actually acknowledges they have more than 3 freakin characters. Because of that when i read marvel it feels more important and it has more life. It feels lonely reading DC books to me now. But this batman thing is just stupid(yeah i said it someone has to) DC has to be a preaty laze company to just overuse one character like this instead of trying to push other characters that people may like

Come on new books every month? That just plain laziness. This is why i belive marvel is ahead of DC in just about everything. MARVEL actually TRIES. And before you call me a marvel fanboy go look at my profile. youll will see that most if not all of my threads are about DC characters not marvel. Its getting to the point were they might as just forget about other characters. Is it that their other characters just suck that bad? But whats the point of makin more batman books? what more can you do with one damn character? Marvel even has better art. I just can believe their making more batman books what about everyone els? Were the hell is martian man hunters book? I know this site is run by batman fanboys but cant you see thats this is just plain stupid? Even on my on demand DC movie section, nothing but batman movies.

It has to be one or more of these problems

DC has some of the worst fans ever

DC is just to lazy to give other characters a chance.

DCs characters just suck that bad

Or DC in general just sucks that bad.

Or they dont even care about verity in their character roster

greenarrowfan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Is comic books fans fault, they never gave demon knights or I vampire a chance..

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cuz Batman. In my opinion they should bring back Captain Atom.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Name 1 person that is going to go to the comic shop thinking, "Hey, I am going to start my comic collection with Martian Manhunter" when they have never read a comic before. They will go to Batman- because Batman is the one man who has more movies than any other hero.

DC wants more people to buy comics- more people is more money. More money is better for more books (like MMH) and more budget for the upcoming years in film.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By the_tree

Boo-hoo-hoo.

DC is a business, they need to make money. Batman-related titles typically sell well, hence, why there are so many. I don't get the complaining one bit; people act as if DC's pointing a gun to their heads and forcing them to purchase it.

If you want your lesser-known characters to succeed, buy their books and spread the word about them, because that's your only hope. Incessant whining will not accomplish anything-- it won't end the books you don't want, and it won't bring the books that you do. DC doesn't care.

Vote with your wallets, money talks, etcetera, etcetera.

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, Joker should get his own series.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because he sells books. Its not just for no reason. Why wouldn't a business keep making more of what sells and gets then money?? That's just bad business. If a product sells you make more of it. Stop complaining.

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

king1_icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_atomikill_: then as a comic company its is DC jobs to promote its characters marvel can do it why cant DC? So basically your saying DC can only make good batman comics? Is it not their job to push characters so they can become popular. The answer not to just sh*t out more batman books every month. What is it about DC the disables then from getting their characters known. Or like i said it may be the fans. mayby batman fanboys are as bad in real life as they are on comic vine and wont even give other books/characters a chance. There really is no excuses for it besides DC just sucks at writing comics.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, DC does give other characters chances. Vibe, Static Shock, and a lot more heroes got changes but were canceled because no one wanted to read about them and they didn't sell. That's not dc's fault, but saying they don't give chances is wrong. They're even giving Deathstroke a second chance now.

king1_icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324:

There's a right and wrong way to go about giving vibe, static, and katana solo books. DC picked the wrong way.

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king1_icon: Wasn't what I said at all. How will DC promo MMH? Huh? And DC is amazing at writing comics. And by the way, Marvel has more money backing them. AKA a key to Scrooge McDuck's vault.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't make heads or tails of half of the opening post.

So... Batman having a new comic every month is a bad thing? And Marvel having lots of characters is a good thing...?

king1_icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So based on what i read SO FAR i can sum it up like this.

DC is only able to write good books if batman or someone related to batman is involved. Batmans fanboy ARE as bad in real life as they are on comic vine. DC only cares about money(not technically a bad thing but still...) DC wont give any other character a real chance besides just throwing them into a solo and saying "F promotion if they cant make it on their own then screw them". This translates into Dc again just being a bad comic company as they do not know how to make new characters popular. Even worse is that DC is such a BAD comic company that not only can they make new characters popular but they cant even properly promote characters with already good fanbase I.E MARTIAN MANHUNTER.

please MAKE THE PROPER CORRECTS IF IM WRONG.

king1_icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324:

There's a right and wrong way to go about giving vibe, static, and katana solo books. DC picked the wrong way.

^^^^^^This this and so much this in fact THIS MULTIPLIED BY 8,000,000,000,000 TO THE 999,999th power^^^^^

^^^^^if only DC would understand this^^^^^

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king1_icon: Very wrong.

1. DC can make other good books. But Batman is most popular and sells more. Read Green Arrow/Flash, they are really good.

2. Those aren't Batman fanboys- those are people who have either a) admire the 7 movies he has made or b) love Batman's books- which are pretty sweet.

3) No. But DC Has to focus on money so they can put the love on the other characters, and money for movies.

4) What can DC do to promote them? Put annoying ass ads in other books?

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, Joker should get his own series.

No Caption Provided

He looks kinda like Josh Brolin in that pic. lmao

Mr_Clockwork91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tree said:

Boo-hoo-hoo.

DC is a business, they need to make money. Batman-related titles typically sell well, hence, why there are so many. I don't get the complaining one bit; people act as if DC's pointing a gun to their heads and forcing them to purchase it.

If you want your lesser-known characters to succeed, buy their books and spread the word about them, because that's your only hope. Incessant whining will not accomplish anything-- it won't end the books you don't want, and it won't bring the books that you do. DC doesn't care.

Talk about other characters non-stop and people will eventually check them out. I kept talking about Captain Marvel (Shazam) and they bought the new 52 1st volume just so I could shut up. lol

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 the_stegman  Moderator

Batman sells. Don't like it, don't buy it.

king1_icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By king1_icon
Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king1_icon: Very wrong.

1. DC can make other good books. But Batman is most popular and sells more. Read Green Arrow/Flash, they are really good.

2. Those aren't Batman fanboys- those are people who have either a) admire the 7 movies he has made or b) love Batman's books- which are pretty sweet.

3) No. But DC Has to focus on money so they can put the love on the other characters, and money for movies.

4) What can DC do to promote them? Put annoying ass ads in other books?

yes

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well the current Futures End event of DC is not really centered on Batman or any of DC's main powerhouses but I'm currently enjoying this DC title the most among the current runs. Nothing much you can do about forcing the others to read the other DC characters when they relate more to Batman than any other DC character. Though I may agree with batman being everywhere in the DC comics lore, his human character depicted in past writings that have made millions of bucks for DC must have prompted such demand for more Batman titles than any other character so as a business its inevitable more books relating to Batman will come out.

Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king1_icon:

The reason people want a MMH book is because they've seen him developed in popular team books and events and cameo appearances in other solo titles, same for Shazam, Zatanna, even the new gods though to a lesser extent. You can't put an unknown/proven creative team on a unknown/proven character and then expect sales. THAT is bad business. I'd be down for a vibe solo if I had any idea who he was or what he could do and what his story was but if you can't get Superman right, which DC hasn't for years now, why on earth should I trust that this new vibe character will be any good?

Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_atomikill_:

How about featuring them in other popular team books and events and other solos? The ads will be there anyway so why not use them to get new readers on a new book? It's a business remember?

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's almost as if DC stands for Detective Comics.... Hmmm.

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is comic books fans fault, they never gave demon knights or I vampire a chance..

God I miss I, Vampire!

Anyways i don't agree with basically any of this besides the fact that they're a lot of batman related books. Saying your not being biased towards marvel and then claiming marvel even has better art? Really? Art varies between all comics, its ridiculous to say one company has the best artwork. In at least one of the new books, to my knowledge, Gotham Academy, won't even have batman in it besides as a sort of cameo. Which is pretty smart since batman is their biggest draw people will have a higher chance of picking it up. But in all seriousness their's plenty of non-batman books from DC you can read.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Posted by GreatCaesarsGhost (1612 posts) - 21 minutes, 30 seconds ago - Show Bio

It's almost as if DC stands for Detective Comics.... Hmmm.

THIS LOL

Bierschneeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

when I book doesn't sell, they cancel it.

when I book sells really well they will create more similar books (or books in the same group)

batman sells really really really well so they will keep adding more titles to the group, (but cancelling the batman titles that stop selling , like Katana or Batman Dark Knight)

Green Lantern is also selling pretty well so they added two more Green Lantern titles, Larfleeze, and then SInestro

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#32 god_spawn  Moderator

@king1_icon: Why does everything have to be profane in some fashion with you? You said this site is run by DC fanboys and came up with one of the most ludicrous lists for problems that insult the fanbase or the company itself. How about you actually educate yourself on how a business works before you go around making ridiculous accusations and taking shots at fans or the company. You've been told about this behavior before. I'm really considering this to be your final warning on the matter.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#33  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@the_tree said:

Boo-hoo-hoo.

Also would add: Batman paying the bills allows them to do smaller titles. If they don't make money somewhere, they can't experiment with other titles.

king1_icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By king1_icon

@god_spawn said:

@king1_icon: Why does everything have to be profane in some fashion with you? You said this site is run by DC fanboys and came up with one of the most ludicrous lists for problems that insult the fanbase or the company itself. How about you actually educate yourself on how a business works before you go around making ridiculous accusations and taking shots at fans or the company. You've been told about this behavior before. I'm really considering this to be your final warning on the matter.

Are you serious people have said waaay worst things to me than "fanboy" go look at my aku vs justice league thread. So as a mod your allowed to make your PERSONAL opinions law? i dont think my list is wrong. I get insulted by people all the time and dont even flag them. I asked weather or not DBZ vs anime threads were allowed and @lvenger called me stupid because of it. I have seen several people curse on here and nothing said to them. And most of all are you really saying i cant call people fanboy? ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW. People call each other fanboys on here all the time i swear its the most used word on this site. INSULTING THE COMPANY? People have made entire threads on why they hate marvel or DC or are you saying im the very first person on this to say either company sucks? How is this thread profane? If I cursed my bad but I saw several threads today were people cursed. If you tell me i cant use the word fanboy(which people use on this site all the time) then why dont you tell everyone to stop saying fanboy. it seems your basically saying your upset because i made thread against batman and DC. Yes I insulted DC batman and batman fanboys and your talking about banning me because of it? I was in a storm thread the other day and some guys were insulting the entire storm fanbase im a storm fan and did not even give it second thought.

Also in regards to this:

"How about you actually educate yourself on how a business works before you go around making ridiculous accusations and taking shots at fans or the company"

I stand by what i said. I will never understand DC making so many batman books when they got other characters who could sell well but wont because DC wont handle them right. So now your saying that unlike everyone els im not allowed to express and dislike for DC.

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

'Cause he's Batman!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#36  Edited By Lvenger

@king1_icon: (Sigh) I called your thread stupid, I did not call you stupid for making it. Don't make a mountain out of a molehill. You didn't read the forum rules in both times that your threads were made and I pointed out that flaw because of it. I then referenced the forum rules section on DBZ to show you where your question was answered. Simple as that.

king1_icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By king1_icon

@lvenger: And now matter how many times it told i did read the form rules you still did not listen so ill say it again. I READ THE FORM RULES. I was not even dispute the ban i was simply aksing a questions That i was not clear on after reading the rules. But you choose to ignore that. It says nothing about DBZ vs manga or anime. I dont want to make a thread and have a thousand DBZ haters rush at me with pitchforks. But You had to throw an insult instead of answering the question.

But you know its all good. This just goes to show what happens when you insult batman on this site.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king1_icon: If you'd read the forum rules, you would have seen where they dealt with the DBZ vs other manga and anime. It explicitly states that only DBZ vs DBZ battles are allowed. That answered your question whether you realised it or not. It was stupid to make a thread about a question that could be answered by looking at the rules for the site carefully.

Also knock it off with the profanity and aggression, you've already been warned by a mod and you'd be wise to heed their advice.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#39  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@king1_icon: I didn't say I will ban you. I said I'm considering putting you on final warning. Because you have been warned about this type of behavior before and flag banned a couple of times because of it. You can twist my words and other people's words around to try and paint yourself as a victim and make more baseless assumptions but you are not innocent here.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I don/t see what's the big problem here at all. DC makes more and more Batman related books because they sell well and that makes them earn more money,this is an industry that is controlled by money. If you want the book to be gone you should just leave it alone,don't buy it and it will eventually get cancelled if it has low sales.

And if people like you want lesser known characters to succeed or to make a name for themselves they should buy their books and not say "Oh,that creative sucks and this series isn't that interesting.". If you say something like that and don't buy the book it's quality would not and the book would just get cancelled and never even mentioned.

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king1_icon: Wasn't what I said at all. How will DC promo MMH? Huh? And DC is amazing at writing comics. And by the way, Marvel has more money backing them. AKA a key to Scrooge McDuck's vault.

: / People rob banks when they should be robbing Marvel

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC just cancelled two other bat books that's why.

DC does try to fix books that have bad creative teams and don't sell well. The problem is that most readers just give up on the book, I LOVED Blue Beetle before the reboot but it wasn't selling as good as DC thought, butDC had a soft spot for it letting it even get at least 3 years before pulling the plug While not always, DC does try to prolong good books that suffer from sales. Also bet you trn bucks that those Marvel books you mentioned won't be so hot if the Avengers tagline was removed, you're prettt hypocritical when the other company you mentioned is plauged by just books of two teams, Uncanny X-Men, Uncanny Avengers, Secret Avengers, Amazing X-Men

You don't have much a right to complai about these slew of Batbooks if you didn't buy Demon Knights, I Vampire, The Movement, Green Team, but who the heck am I kidding, you're just a Marvel Zombie trying to find a new way to diss against the competion.

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By trebean

Edit: Other than Batman and Detective Comics, there aren't that much BATMAN-Centric (Batman, not Batfamily) Batman and Whoever is basically just a modern Brave and the Bold, Dark Knight actually got cancelled despite selling well. Batman Eternal doesn't really focus on Bats much as more to the entirety of Gotham, that's why there are issues where it feels he doesn't have much of a presence

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

I don/t see what's the big problem here at all. DC makes more and more Batman related books because they sell well and that makes them earn more money,this is an industry that is controlled by money. If you want the book to be gone you should just leave it alone,don't buy it and it will eventually get cancelled if it has low sales.

And if people like you want lesser known characters to succeed or to make a name for themselves they should buy their books and not say "Oh,that creative sucks and this series isn't that interesting.". If you say something like that and don't buy the book it's quality would not and the book would just get cancelled and never even mentioned.

Seconded. Though I do sometimes get Bat fatigue, it makes the most sense for DC to put out more Bat Family related books because they sell the most money that way. Likewise, lesser characters need more attention via sales and discussion. That's what I'm doing with Justice League United atm.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@lvenger said:

@tdk_1997 said:

Seconded. Though I do sometimes get Bat fatigue, it makes the most sense for DC to put out more Bat Family related books because they sell the most money that way. Likewise, lesser characters need more attention via sales and discussion. That's what I'm doing with Justice League United atm.

It's normal to get Bat fatigue, even I got it which is strange since I almost never get tired of more Batman titles and Batman as a whole. Batman may sell well but that doesn't mean that he should be the character to get the most books and to be in every single new issue DC puts out.

Also nice choice with Justice League United. I love everything Lemire has put out throughout his entire career. Do you like it so far?

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I don't get where you think Marvel does much better. Have you seen their sales list? Spider-Man, X-Men, Wolverine, Avengers, and whoever has a #1 issue coming out. (Which it seems they have about 3-4 a month, usually for characters or team books that have been around for 50 + years.) Their non-top sellers do little better than DC's non-top sellers. Captain America and Iron Man pretty much = Wonder Woman or Flash.

Thorverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no issue with this, as long as the Batman books are of high quality, I'll get around to owning them.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48  Edited By rev_sulphur
No Caption Provided

Because it's Batman.

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is DC

DC is Batman

Krypton-115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Krypton-115

I have to agree that Batman has alot of damn books (none as good as the main title though), but thats just because Batman sells. He's recognizable, so when DC slaps a Batman logo on something people will be more likely to buy that instead of lesser known books like Green Lantern, Red Hood and The Outlaws or even Nightwing. Can't blame them though, DC is still a company that needs to make a whole lot of money to stay in business. Like others said, buy a lot of books of a lesser known character and spread the word about it if you want that book to be more popular, DC listens to fans, but they also listen to sales figures.