"Mockingbird vs Black Canary" by Jim McCann & Gail Simone: Part 2

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

Edited By sora_thekey

Do you have twitter? Well if you do, I seriously think that you should be following @ JimMcCann and @ GailSimone because they both like to... "battle".
Back in August I posted the "Twitter Battle" that they had on trying to figure out which bird was better; Mockingbird or Black Canary.
Well just today they continued this banter. (Be sure to check out the first one and hopefully Gail and Jim don't mind I posted this)

"Muckingbort, NO WAY I Should Like Her" - Gail

"Poor Canary (in) Need for Male Approval" - Jim
Like last time it seems like Gail started it!

• Gail Simone: I'm going to be really mad if @ jimmccann is a good enough writer to make me like Muckingbort. 
  • Jim McCann: Be prepared for anger management sessions, @ ;)
  • Gail Simone: @ JimMcCann But...but...it's MUCKINGBORT. There is NO WAY I should like her.  
  • Jim McCann: @ GailSimone she's a strong, smart woman who doesn't take crap from anyone. Surely you can relate and like her. :-)
  • Gail Simone: @ JimMcCann I think you're thinking of Black Canary. It's okay, some people get margarine and butter confused! 
  • Jim McCann: @ GailSimone So there's only room for 1 strong female in comics? --
  • Gail Simone: @ JimMcCann No, there's room for lots, which is why we don't need to Xerox any!* 
  • Jim McCann: -- Poor Canary- her choice of fishnets obviously shows a need for male approval
  • Jim McCann: @ GailSimone but if Bobbi could come back from her bathing suit phase, there's hope for Dinah.
Mockingbird
Mockingbird

Black Canary
 Black Canary

• Gail Simone: @ JimMcCann But now she looks like a 1950's burger joint car hop. She just needs roller skates. Is that progress?
  • Jim McCann: @ GailSimone it's a classic black and white functional suit for a spy. And don't diss skates- Dazzler made those work.
  • Gail Simone: @ JimMcCann Spies where black and white suits with bright shiny brass buttons? Where, in MusicalTheatervania?

•  Jim McCann:*@ GailSimone well it's a good thing Mock's smarter (PhD) and BC's a screamer. See, differences
  • Gail Simone: @ JimMcCann Muckinbort's Marvel smart, which is all fake stuff like unstable molecules. Dinah's a polyglot and led the JLA.
  • Jim McCann: @ GailSimone Bobbi has a PhD in Biology, SHIELD agent, co-founded the West Coast Avengers, and founded her own super spy group. Bam.
  • Gail Simone: @ JimMcCann Wait. She co-founded the West Coast Avengers? This is your argument for her coolness? CO-FOUNDED the WEST COAST AVENGERS?
  • Gail Simone: @ JimMcCann And again, it's a Marvel PhD. What's her field of study, Fake Shakespearean Norse Dialects? Cosmic Ray Infections? 
 Jim McCann (Hawkeye and Mockingbird)
 Jim McCann (Hawkeye and Mockingbird)

Gail Simone (Birds of Prey)
 Gail Simone (Birds of Prey)
  • Gail Simone: I have to go before my editor kills me. But all kidding aside, Hawkeye and Mockingbird is a great book, even if @ jimmccann sucks.
  • Jim McCann: I have to go study biology like Mockingbird, but thanks @ GailSimone! :-)
Not as long as the one before this one but just as heated, and just like before bystanders got involved. This time it was Twitter-er @ WonderWomanV2:
  • WonderWomanV2: So I read Hooky and Muckingbort today...just in time to watch @ GailSimone and @ JimMcCann throw down. Awesome.
  • Gail Simone: @ WonderWomanV2 It's Purple Arrow and Muckingbort, please be respectful to Jim's book!
So kids, who are you rooting for? Jim McCann or Gail Simone?
Once again I loved their "Twitter Battle" and hopefully there will be more to come allowing the issue of which bird is better to be resolved! 

-- Geo ( sora_thekey ), long time user, blogger, wiki editor of the Whiskey Media Sites, and 24/7geek!
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Martian

HAHA! This made me smile :)

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Strafe Prower

Go McCann!!!!

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Decept-O

Good one.  Thanks for sharing it.   
sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sora_thekey
@Nobody: I was laughing as I was reading their tweets! They are both awesome!
@Strafe Prower: I agree with you. I root more for Mockingbird and McCann than Black Canary... I just started reading Birds of Prey so I haven't had time for the character to sink in.
@Decept-O: No Problem... I thought everybody else would enjoy this! It kind of reminds me of what was done during the Big Live Live Show Live... With the Battling and all!
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Decept-O
@sora_thekey:
It is pretty good.  Do you care for either character? 

I am not much of a fan of Mockingbird, and while we're at it, I'm not much of a fan of Black Cat.  Both are too derivative of Black Canary and Catwoman.   Black Cat at least has a bit of a personality, a messed up psyche at that, but Mockingbird, I've never felt she had a personality at all.  When she does appear, it seems the writers always make her to be a bee-yotch because no one can think of any other way to portray her.   Just my opinion.
sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sora_thekey
@Decept-O: I'm going to have to disagree with you there. Although I know little to nothing about Black Canary, I can say that Mockingbird's character is a complex character which I care for thanks to Jim's writing.
Her personality is very upfront, cold and distant mostly because of her past and the inner struggle that she seems to be going through as to not allow herself to be attached to anything or anyone because her past "traumatic" experiences seem to have thought her that it only causes is her pain. So that "bee-yotch" attitude is mostly because she wants for people to think that of her rather than allowing feelings control her.
That's what I get from the H&M book, which is why I'm enjoying this character so much!
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Decept-O
@sora_thekey:
Hhmm...good points.  See, I read her from "back in the day", quite some time ago, and when Mockingbird did appear, she didn't seem to have much in terms of a personality.  Just a bit carefree, actually, and well, to me, a bit lame.   

It seems I may have been missing out on what's happened to her  lately so it is unfair on my part to make that judgment.  Guess I need to catch up on her, but my previous viewpoint regarding her has prevented me from doing it.  Damn good explanation of things.  I guess I just learned something from a young turk tonight!
sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sora_thekey
@Decept-O: Yeah! I imparted wisdom... well, comic book wisdom at least!
I didn't read anything about here way back when. Honestly up until Secret Invasion I didn't even know she existed. It does seem like the character has evolved in many ways, though. That carfree personality of hers (which I presume was the reason Clint and her got married so quickly) is what she is now trying to stay away from and it's what Clint is trying to bring her back to.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Mercy_

LOL @

Wait. She co-founded the West Coast Avengers? This is your argument for her coolness? CO-FOUNDED the WEST COAST AVENGERS?

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By tonis
@sora_thekey: man, I'm a sucker for that canary call. Can't help it. 
I tawt I taw a puddy tat when I hear that chirp :) 
No Caption Provided
sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sora_thekey
@tonis: One day Black Canary should allude to that phrase in a comic book!
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Ferro Vida

I don't think this actually belongs in the battle forum. At least, not in the way that it has been presented.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mercy_
@Ferro Vida said:
" I don't think this actually belongs in the battle forum. At least, not in the way that it has been presented. "
Doesn't.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ferro Vida
@The Dark Huntress: Thank you.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mercy_
@Ferro Vida: No problem. 
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By tonis
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" I don't think this actually belongs in the battle forum. At least, not in the way that it has been presented. "
Doesn't. "
would it help if someone said the Huntress could kick both their asses in a wrestling cage match. 
I'm already visualizing it :)
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mercy_
@tonis Ehhh. Canary could take her.
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By tonis
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @tonis Ehhh. Canary could take her. "
oh I know, I'm just looking for an excuse for the visualization :) 
It would make one hell of a WWE pay per view though.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mercy_
@tonis LMFAO.
GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GREGalicious

I absolutely love BLACK CANARY and while i dont really know a whole lot about MOCKINGBIRD, i like her a hell of a lot more than HAWKEYE. Doesnt really matter tho; as different as these ladies may be in personality, both are still the Marvel/DC equilvalents of eachother.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Bestostero

Awesome, awesome, awesome lol

But yeah...Black Canary, no contest.