#1 Posted by MCWachner (21 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know about you but when I look back at the 90's and their cartoons back then, I look back and I see this cartoons that are dark, brutal, mystical, violent etc.

I really REALLY miss these cartoons and I would love to have them back! I mean "The Batman" back in the 90's was a thrill to watch, I really loved it and it had everything! I don't know if you know it but "Gargoyles" was also an amazing cartoon because it was like a comic with all these dark, mystical and violent scenarios.

I'm a huge DC Comics fan and I would love to see cartoons like that to return back to the television so I could watch some amazing cartoons with a bit more stuff like the old days, you know?

I watched "The Batman" (2004-2008) which was alright, the first season was good, the theme song for the first season was BRILLIANT! But it was just not the same thing.

I don't know if any of you feel the same?

#2 Edited by Wolfrazer (7682 posts) - - Show Bio

They still show Superman/Batman: TAS on the HUB channel. Though you may be hard pressed in getting cartoons like from the 90's with violence, dark themes, blood showing, and death...with today's cartoons cause the majority seems now its all happy go lucky, knocking around bad guys and all that jazz, and even if there is something dark its usually tame compared to what was shown in the 90's.

#3 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by MCWachner (21 posts) - - Show Bio

I @evilvegeta74: I got Batman: TAS on DvD but thanks though.

I was just really hoping that some channel would be allowed to show some more dark and violent cartoons. It would be amazing if they made some new DC comic cartoon series that would be dark and violent, just a lot more like the comics are.

#5 Posted by Wolfrazer (7682 posts) - - Show Bio
@MCWachner:  I agree on that, though for most cartoons aren't violent or dark anymore(or at least not in such a way) however I could see them going on Toonami where it does show violence and the like.
#6 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (4504 posts) - - Show Bio

@MCWachner: Well Young Justice could get dark and violent at times but I feel the same way

#7 Posted by MCWachner (21 posts) - - Show Bio

@redbird3rdboywonder: At the moment, i'm watching Young Justice, it's good, could be better. I don't know, the colors of the cartoos now a days are just too bright and joyful, you know? Not trying to sound link someone who only wants "DARKNESS AND BRUTALITY!" but a bit more darkness could make the whole cartoon a lot better!

#8 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20443 posts) - - Show Bio

@MCWachner: I know what you mean. To be honest, almost everything old is better in terms of media entertainment.

#9 Posted by MCWachner (21 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Indeed it is! But with all these new characters and all these new storylines, you just want more of it! I wanna see my favorite moments of "Blackest Night" in Cartoon version or maybe see Dick Grayson picking up the cowl after Bruce. There's so many things they can do and if it's all about the money, well, believe they will get it cause' people would watch it!

#10 Posted by Captain_Yesterday (807 posts) - - Show Bio

@MCWachner said:

I was just really hoping that some channel would be allowed to show some more dark and violent cartoons. It would be amazing if they made some new DC comic cartoon series that would be dark and violent, just a lot more like the comics are.

Adult Swim could easily. I can't, for the life of me, figure out why this hasn't happened yet. It be a win win win for everyone involved.

#11 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

So, what cartoon(s) are you referring to exactly? Cartoons seem more dark now than they did back in the day, to me. Batman: TAS is actually lighter and less dramatic than Young Justice, and Superman TAS was even lighter than that.

#12 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain_Yesterday: I go to an animae site and watch whatever I choose, I'm satisfied!

#13 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain_Yesterday said:

@MCWachner said:

Adult Swim could easily. I can't, for the life of me, figure out why this hasn't happened yet. It be a win win win for everyone involved.

It's a matter of cost vs profit. They probably don't think enough people will watch it to justify the time and money it would take to keep the series running. I think it would work.

#14 Posted by War Killer (20292 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Beyond will always be a classic in my opinion.

#15 Posted by blackwolf0925 (149 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss how some of the old cartoons had morals to them that weren't shove down your throat. A lot of cartoons don't have any subtlety anymore.

#16 Posted by MCWachner (21 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain_Yesterday: It would be amazing, a dream coming true. We can only hope for the best.

@minigunman123: In my opinion, Batman: TAS was dark and mystical. I really loved the effects they used to show how the story in Gotham revolved and how Gotham was the city of crime and that Batman was not just the dark knight but he was THE DARK KNIGHT!