Miles Morales should be the MCU Spidey

• 63 results
gundamcandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Agreed? Sick of Peter Parker's origins ...

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

No, Miles really isn't all that great of a character to begin with.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I have no interest in seeing him in the MCU.

TrimZaly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No at least not now. You need Peter Parker before Miles Morales he's the driving force for the character.

Jonez_120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jonez_120

Bahahahahahaha!

No.

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be intrested for maybe a lower level team like the runaways or new warriors. But no way should he be in the avengers or his own solo right of the bat.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No no no no no no no he's just a carbon copy of peter anyway he's alright but he's basically the same and blander

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nah. Miles is a cool character but I've read all of his ultimate run and he just isn't as strong a character as Peter.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Dextersinister

Sick of Peter Parker's origins ...

Then just don't do his origin story or at least sum it up in a brief flashback. They won't be doing Afflecks Batmans origin, everyone knows it.

Binski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nahhhhhhh

ImmovableRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. But if the franchise somehow continues then Miles should be introduced. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it, though.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No at least not now. You need Peter Parker before Miles Morales since he's the driving force for the character.

This.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

What its with Miles?

Does people seriously cant remember Miguel?

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I seriously doubt we'll be getting another origin story for Peter at any time soon.

batmite1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed Peter Parker has become so boring nowadays

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By those_eyes

I seriously doubt we'll be getting another origin story for Peter at any time soon.

if they feed us another origin story im going to be so pissed!

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why not?

It's Spider-Man, just something we haven't seen before. I'm pretty sure that would be appealing to people.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, he shouldn't be, and thankfully he won't be.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

Why not?

It's Spider-Man, just something we haven't seen before. I'm pretty sure that would be appealing to people.

most people dont read spiderman comics. Majority of people will be thinking why is spiderman not white more than thinking its something new and refreshing.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

Why not?

most people dont read spiderman comics. Majority of people will be thinking why is spiderman not white more than thinking its something new and refreshing.

I doubt people will be hung up on race, and if people are unfamiliar with the character, what better way to introduce them than with a movie?

Worked for the Guardians right?

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, Miles really isn't all that great of a character to begin with.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

@those_eyes said:

@scouterv said:

Why not?

I doubt people will be hung up on race, and if people are unfamiliar with the character, what better way to introduce them than with a movie?

The standard person never knew or heard of guardians of the galaxy were before the movie came out so they had nothing to go off of. But the standard person does know who spiderman is and only recognizes him in a certain way in general since they arent comic readers. So that comparison you made doesnt really help.

For instance what if superman had a version of him that was a different race that no body knew about much expect for comic readers. If a superman movie was put out where superman was a different race, people would be confused and wonder why since they dont read comics.

Personally i wouldn't mind miles aslong as they dont do another damn origin story.

RS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For MCU no, UMCU maybe. If that ever happens.

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@the_tree said:

I'm interested in seeing Morales in the MCU, but definitely not as the first or main Spidey.

No at least not now. You need Peter Parker before Miles Morales he's the driving force for the character.

Nope. But if the franchise somehow continues then Miles should be introduced. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it, though.

All of these.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

@those_eyes said:

@scouterv said:

Why not?

The standard person never knew or heard of guardians of the galaxy were before the movie came out so they had nothing to go off of. But the standard person does know who spiderman is and only recognizes him in a certain way in general since they arent comic readers. So that comparison you made doesnt really help.

For instance what if superman had a version of him that was a different race that no body knew about much expect for comic readers. If a superman movie was put out where superman was a different race, people would be confused and wonder why since they dont read comics.

Personally i wouldn't mind miles aslong as they dont do another damn origin story.

But we're talking about Miles. Not just Spider-Man, and people who don't read comics might as well know, "Hey, people. This isn't your Daddy's Spider-Man. Turns out, things are different in comics." I mean, I get it. You have to cater to the non-reader. At the same time, let's at least try to think that people are adaptable enough and smart enough to google something that they don't know like "Why is Spider-Man black." They had the same problem with Lantern. Didn't stop DC from releasing Hal for the movie.

And you mean Val-Zod? People would be confused, but they'd probably just google "Black Superman," and among the answers, you'd get Val-Zod. People would learn. Check out the idea, and probably like it.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

@those_eyes said:

@scouterv said:

Why not?

They will be asking themselve who the heck its that guys and they wouldnt believe that its SpiderMan.

Casting some from another race for Peter, wouldnt be a problem.

But kicking him out for another guy, would, since people donest care at all for Miles or knew who the heck its this new guy.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

@those_eyes said:

@scouterv said:

Why not?

They will be asking themselve who the heck its that guys and they wouldnt believe that its SpiderMan.

Casting some from another race for Peter, wouldnt be a problem.

But kicking him out for another guy, would, since people donest care at all for Miles or knew who the heck its this new guy.

...Do people really think that non-comic fans are so silly they wouldn't believe that there was actually another person called Spider-Man, even if it was explained to them? Like, seriously?

People obviously cared about Spider-Man/Peter Parker because he started out as just a comic book character. Likewise, people have come around to caring about Miles, and granted it takes time to build a character that people care about, but are just simply not going to take those kinds of risks anymore?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not at first but I would like to see Miles come into the MCU......but without the death of Peter (I'm opposed to copying such big moments from the comics rather than using them as nods/inspirations.....such as Raimi's Spider-Man showing the nod to Gwen Stacy's death by throwing MJ from the bridge as opposed to ASM2 just killing Gwen off in much the same manner as the comics).

Rather than copying the spider bite of his Ultimate origin kind of like to see Miles be the second owner of the bio-suit (i.e. what Eddie uses to become Venom) after his uncle steals it following Eddie's defeat in a previous film. This theft could have been a component of Norman Osborn or another villain creating a Sinister Six style team to take Peter out (taking inspiration from the Marvel Knights arc where Peter was constantly bombarded by foes being directed by Norman). It would also allow Miles to work alongside Peter against such a great threat similar to how they came to trust and work together in the Spider-Men mini-series.

Previous to that, however, I would like to see a nod to Miles right off the bat by altering the MCU Spider-Man suit to use the traditional red and blue with black web lines and white eye lenses in the style of Miles' more streamlined suit from the Ultimate universe. Think that would be a cool change to the traditional suit given the design (regardless of color scheme) has clearly worked and it also would follow, in the Miles origin story noted above, that both Peter and Miles would not want to see Miles wear the bio-suit in the same style as Eddie did as Venom and so Miles copies Peter's own suit but goes with the black and red scheme.

Having Miles wear the suit rather than be augmented genetically would also get rid of non-comic readers confusion (or the need for the film to explain itself) on why Miles has abilities like camouflage and the venom blast/sting (which seems appropriate given he'd be wearing the Venom suit....never understood why they went with that name for him and Spider-Woman's ability when it could have just been a generic spider sting or something) when Peter doesn't. That's because they're aspects of the suit rather than other aspects of being a spider totem or the spider that bit him being slightly different or anything like that. Having the suit would also get rid of the need for Miles to use web-shooters (though hopefully even a new film Venom would just use tendrils in the same manner as web-swinging rather than creating its own webbing) and that he could fight like Peter without a spider-sense because the suit has no true eyes so he "sees"/detects his entire environment.

That may be too dramatic a change for the character to be viable for the MCU but I'd rather see his origin change enough to be different from Peter's so that he's not simply a copy but a hero who came about from a different path. Plus later films can use the fact he's wearing a suit rather than being enhanced genetically to play with the idea of if he'd be a hero without the suit or struggling with maintaining his own personality the longer he wears the suit.

ParaChomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends how you look at it. No doubt super hero movies are the über hot thing right now but we've seen Peter Parker's origin twice on the big screen in the past 10 years. To top it off, it's know so well by everyone that showing it again would be beating a dead horse. In that sense I'm pro Miles Morales however I'm not familiar with the character and I'm sure that's the same with the general audience. If there is one thing I do like from the Daredevil movie it's how they montaged Matt Murdock's origin, it might have been abrupt but it set the stage efficiently and I really wouldn't mind seeing that again in a future super hero flick.

Avatar image for marvete_e_dcnauta
Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Miles as a sidekick would be great. Like Rhodes for IM.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No

Doctor Damn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone who said no should give me one good reason Miles shouldn't be MCU Spider-Man instead of Peter. Because no one bitched when Ant-Man wasn't Hank Pym and it was Scott Lang and that raises so many red flags for me.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

No. I've read some of his early stuff and his current series and I don't find the chracter that interesting (only picked up the current series because I heard rumors about Ultimate Peter coming back). His Spider suit is cool, but that's as much as the only positive thing I can say at the moment.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: Most of people know Peter Parker, care for people and get behind him.

Miles Morales isnt 616 SpiderMan, isnt the first SpiderMan, isnt the SpiderMan people grow up, isnt the SpiderMan people got in their life.

You dont need a new cool hip guy so people care for a character, this whole he its a new Spidy, with a new attitude, its a gimmick.

When people was asking for SpiderMan to get into the MCU you never saw images of Miles, Miguel, Ben or any other SpiderMan.

Under the whole idea, you can make the SpiderMan movie with Ben as SpiderMan, but i dont see people asking for this movie to be made.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@doctor_damn: First off...........wow, you compared Spider-Man to freaking Ant-Man. Secondly, EVERYONE has complained about Marvel's mishandling of Ant-Man

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: Most of people know Peter Parker, care for people and get behind him.

Miles Morales isnt 616 SpiderMan, isnt the first SpiderMan, isnt the SpiderMan people grow up, isnt the SpiderMan people got in their life.

You dont need a new cool hip guy so people care for a character, this whole he its a new Spidy, with a new attitude, its a gimmick.

When people was asking for SpiderMan to get into the MCU you never saw images of Miles, Miguel, Ben or any other SpiderMan.

Under the whole idea, you can make the SpiderMan movie with Ben as SpiderMan, but i dont see people asking for this movie to be made.

So you're saying people can't get behind Miles? Why not? Cause he's not Peter?

You're right, Miles isn't any of those things, and that's a good thing. He's new. He's different. That's not a gimmick, that's just a fact. Having Miles be Spider-Man in the movies is no more a gimmick than MARVEL trying like Hell to get Spider-Man back in the first place.

Also, you see that's no longer the case, because we're having the discussion now. The only reason it hasn't been a thing before is because MARVEL couldn't even use Spider-Man at first. Being able to opens a whole set of doors (like Ben, Kaine, and Miles,) that were closed off before, but now there open and people are discussing the idea.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

That would really destroy my faith in Marvel. Peter is Spider-Man. A simple non retelling of Spidey's origin sounds like a much more audience pleasing solution.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: Because people had their own idea of who Spider Man and has being for a great majority of years.

The same would apply for Terry McGuinnis or Dick Grayson.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: Because people had their own idea of who Spider Man and has being for a great majority of years.

The same would apply for Terry McGuinnis or Dick Grayson.

Sounds like a huge cop-out...but that's Hollywood for ya. Which sucks, because it's the fans and the movie-makers missing out on getting to try new things. I guess that's not important though.

Those would be fine replacements for Bruce, but I guess since nobody wants to disturb the natural order, I guess we'll just keep those as good ideas that will never happen because Bruce makes money and nobody else cares about anything besides that.

Pour some out for the homies...

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: How its making SpiderMan a new thing?, a Superhero movie in an age that everybody its a superhero, its not a new thing.

I love super hero comic books, but at this point we had 5 SpiderMan movies and we will get a third reboot, SpiderMan in Marvel its the Status Quo.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: How its making SpiderMan a new thing?, a Superhero movie in an age that everybody its a superhero, its not a new thing.

I love super hero comic books, but at this point we had 5 SpiderMan movies and we will get a third reboot, SpiderMan in Marvel its the Status Quo.

Spider-Man is not new. Miles is the new element here. He faces different problems then Peter and handles them in different ways with somewhat different powers. I mean by asking that question, you should be all for Miles being Spider-Man if you think there's no difference and it's not new.

All the more reason we may as well use Miles. And Spider-Man in MARVEL comics is status quo. Not so much the movies.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: of course they remember miguel, he has a comic book series out right now...

Agreed? Sick of Peter Parker's origins ...

im sick of his origins, but not his stories. they can just progress with a peter parker movie without starting from scratch. I would hate miles being the main one.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

They already said Peter Parker.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#50  Edited By dernman

It's stupid sh!t like this that makes me hate when they pass on a superhero name. Spider-Man is Peter Parker. Miles is just an alt