• 52 results
#1 Posted by Saren (26016 posts) - - Show Bio

.......whose DCNU look is worse?

#2 Posted by super_psycho (2792 posts) - - Show Bio

Hahahahah..Nice one :D

#3 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
It's either accidental impalement via chin spike or tripping on one of the oversized tubes. I'd normally call it a draw if Bane's back wasn't so ridiculously disproportioned.
#4 Posted by k4tzm4n (51018 posts) - - Show Bio

DISLIKE!

Staff Online
#5 Posted by entropy_aegis (15472 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane easily.

#6 Posted by buttersdaman000 (10233 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane

He looks like a roided out Hunchback of Notre Dame

#7 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Midnighter. I don't even...
#8 Posted by Saren (26016 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you guys sure? Midnighter's got that chin-spike. Who chin-butts someone anyway?

#9 Posted by entropy_aegis (15472 posts) - - Show Bio

DCNU=Jim Lee=90's=pointlessly bulky armor,exagerrated bodies and other crap.

#10 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, Midnight looks super awesome!

#11 Edited by MyronLee26 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

DCNU=Jim Lee=90's=pointlessly bulky armor,exagerrated bodies and other crap.

Exactly. I dont understand why ALOT of characters got redone with this unnecessary armored look, especially Tim Drake, Deathstroke and Darkseid

Looks like their trying to incorporate Bane's look from Arkham Asylum / City.

Midnighter's suit SUCKS badly

#12 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

They both suck.

#13 Edited by HughJass (375 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

Are you guys sure? Midnighter's got that chin-spike. Who chin-butts someone anyway?

It's for preventing uppercuts.

#14 Posted by ThexX (1576 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

Are you guys sure? Midnighter's got that chin-spike. Who chin-butts someone anyway

#15 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoushatred1001 said:

They both suck.

#16 Posted by Mekboy (1201 posts) - - Show Bio

That Bane looks sick to me :3

#17 Posted by Dommed_Cannon (499 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like some spilled some Liefeld on Bane.

#18 Posted by eatmore_payless (2209 posts) - - Show Bio

what the hell is up with all those tubes anyway?

#19 Posted by Billy Batson (58268 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane
BB

#20 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnighter just looks like he just stepped out of Joel Schumacher's wet dream. I can't stand that costume.

That particular image of Bane however looks pretty darn cool to me. It looks a little steampunk and a little leather biker fetish but it comes together quite nicely. Whether the redesign would hold up under another artists remains to be seen but so far I enjoy it. I hope Bane retains his intelligence though.

#21 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who likes Midnighter costume???

#22 Posted by Saren (26016 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chibio said:

On its own it's horrible. When you compare it to his Wildstorm costume it's atrocious.

#23 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:

@Chibio said:

On its own it's horrible. When you compare it to his Wildstorm costume it's atrocious.

Wow, I actually never liked his WS costume. This one is a blast. The shoes are kinda weird and the few gray parts, but the hood is damn awesome and his chest / shoulder area looks very nice, especially with the symbol. I'm totally diggin' it!
#24 Posted by The Devil Tiger (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane. Midnighter at least look like something.

#25 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@Chibio said:
Yes, yes you are.
#26 Posted by Mercy_ (92995 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch said:

@Chibio said:
Yes, yes you are.

Shamefully raises hand.

The chin spike is baaaaaaad, but other than that, it's not horrible.*

*Never read him in WS, so I have nothing to compare it to.

#27 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: You'd have loved the trench coat.
#28 Posted by Mercy_ (92995 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

Yes...I would have. Trench coats are boss.

Which reminds me that I want to go and collect some of the Wildstorm trades now...

#29 Posted by Buckshot (18925 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to think Midnighter's costume was the worst of the redone Wildstorm ones. That was until I realized that Jack Hawksmoor now wears mother ####ing capris...

Someone tell me how the #### you get THAT ugly piece of #### from this masterpiece from Cully Hamner:

Hawksmoor should look like a ####ing pimp. Instead? ####ing capris.... SMH. A suit should be the easiest thing to draw. Someone needs to take my boy Jack to a tailor.

#30 Posted by Billy Batson (58268 posts) - - Show Bio

Shouldn't this be in General Discussion?
BB

#31 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot said:

I used to think Midnighter's costume was the worst of the redone Wildstorm ones. That was until I realized that Jack Hawksmoor now wears mother ####ing capris...

Someone tell me how the #### you get THAT ugly piece of #### from this masterpiece from Cully Hamner:

Hawksmoor should look like a ####ing pimp. Instead? ####ing capris.... SMH. A suit should be the easiest thing to draw. Someone needs to take my boy Jack to a tailor.

lol

#32 Posted by Saren (26016 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot said:

LOL. At least they had that new look at how he talks to cities. I thought that was pretty cool.

#33 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@Buckshot: hahaha I never noticed that...

@The Dark Huntress said:

@Morpheus_ said:

Which reminds me that I want to go and collect some of the Wildstorm trades now...

I have the first two Authority trades. They're pretty damn good, and the same artist who did Ultimates, so I dug it (on a side note, I got my Exiles finally shipped to me, so I'm going to get back into it :D)
#34 Posted by Mercy_ (92995 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

@Morpheus_ said:

I have the first two Authority trades. They're pretty damn good, and the same artist who did Ultimates, so I dug it (on a side note, I got my Exiles finally shipped to me, so I'm going to get back into it :D)

Oooooooooh. I'm definitelyyy gonna have to check it out now. Need to trim down my actual pull list first, though. I'm still weeding through which DCnU and which X-Men books I'm gonna be pulling.

And yesssssssssss. Where did you leave off, was it after the first ultimate edition? It only gets better. You're gonna get so pulled into these stories.

#35 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: I got to the second collection, sometime after Sunfire died. Yeah, I noticed the covers with Psylocke and Spider-Man 2099 on the team, so I'm pretty excited.
#36 Posted by Mercy_ (92995 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch: It gets very interesting towards the end. The ones with Miguel are really good, and I adored the ones with Psylocke (it's 616 btw). You haven't run into the King Hyperion stuff yet, right? Oh man, talking about it makes me want to go dig them out and read 'em.

#37 Posted by Fetts (4518 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm probably going to get pegged for this but I kinda like how Bane looks.

#38 Posted by Buckshot (18925 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fetts said:

I'm probably going to get pegged for this but I kinda like how Bane looks.

I like that you stand up for your opinions.

#39 Posted by MrDirector786 (43636 posts) - - Show Bio

The only problem I have with Bane's design is the giant lump on his back. Other than that, I have no issues with it.

#40 Posted by PikminMania (4628 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrDirector786 said:

The only problem I have with Bane's design is the giant lump on his back. Other than that, I have no issues with it.

Agreed. As for Midnighter, the only problem with his costume is the chin spike IMO

#41 Posted by Fetts (4518 posts) - - Show Bio
@Buckshot: Thanks.
#42 Posted by ThexX (1576 posts) - - Show Bio

@PikminMania said:

@MrDirector786 said:

Agreed. As for Midnighter, the only problem with his costume is all the damn spikes. Take out all the damn spikes and give him his trench coat back

#43 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

@Morpheus_ said:

get all of them mate!! they're frigging amazing. Makes this DCNU version look like spastic lap dogs.

#44 Posted by BarelyAverage (1040 posts) - - Show Bio

The Bane one looks pretty cool. A real different artistic rendition that over proportions the man who broke the bat.

#45 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@difficlus: Interesting, the only reason why I stopped was cause Amazon reviewers gave the rest of the series "decent" reviews, while the first two were amazing.
#46 Posted by 218Comics (191 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane looks terrible. I don't mind the look of Midnighter.

#47 Posted by TheOptimist (713 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they both look awesome. Particularly considering that is one singular intentionally hyper exaggerated depiction of Bane.

#48 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnighter, though I did really love his cameo in Pulp Fiction, even if all he did was get punched in the face by Bruce Willis. 

#49 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4253 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane, he looks like he is in more pain than Batman.

#50 Posted by BlackArmor (6149 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnighters suit has only one problem: chin spike. I miss the coat but like everything but the chins spike