#1 Edited by cameron83 (7798 posts) - - Show Bio

i like midnighter,but why do people exaggerate his powers.Say for a midnighter vs flash,people say midnighter since he killed other speedsters,but then they don;t take into account that flash is faster and has better tactics,different powers than other speedsters.And they make it seem like he can take down anyone....like for midnighter vs cassandra cain,only because of his battle computer midnighter would win,but she can read his body language so i don't know,and she doesn't have any powers....so i don't know,but **********what is the extent of his battle computer,that is the question********...for people like the batman family who has no powers,how would he win,against someone like cassandra cain,any move he makes she would know what it is,so if he were to kick or punch she would know and be able to counter it,and it's not a power,and for people like wonder woman,there is no possible way he can win,he will know her weakness,but that doesn't really help...so what is the extent to his powers,and say he fought batman,he fought the fight 1 million times in his head,i don't know how much of the fight would say that he wins....and if his computer knows what that person would do,wouldn't he be able to beat batman,and let's say that the person is one to change their tactics,like batman,how would he win,it would constantly change...someone please clarify the limits of his damn computer

#2 Posted by JediXMan (32250 posts) - - Show Bio

... please fix that giant paragraph. I read as far as the Cassandra Cain thing before I had to stop reading.

Anyway, yeah, Midnighter is capable of beating a lot of people. But it's ridiculous for anybody to think he can beat Flash, when Flash is a lightspeeder, making him capable of hitting Midnighter before he can possibly react.

#3 Posted by ImmortalOne (3618 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: That's actually one sentence, LOL.

#4 Posted by Rumble Man (11198 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83:

i like midnighter,but why do people exaggerate his powers
.say for a midnighter vs flash,people say midnighter since he killed other speedsters,but then they don;t take into account that flash is faster and has better tactics,different powers than other speedsters,and they make it seem like he can take down anyone. (he cannot take down anyone, but he can take down people under him very easily. Flash is leagues above unless feats prove otherwise. Depends the speeds he is clocking though, anything lightspeed and above then flash wins)
....like for midnighter vs cassandra cain,only because of his battle computer midnighter would win,but she can read his body language so i don't know,and she doesn't have any powers....so i don't know,but what is the extent of his battle computer,that is the question...for people like the batman family who has no powers,how would he win,against someone like cassandra cain,any move he makes she would know what it is,so if he were to kick or punch she would know and be able to counter it,and it's not a power, (he is not a street level, it is like comparing batman's martial arts knowledge with pre-crisis karate kid's martial arts knowledge. He would kill batman and cain, as they can counter in their minds but his stats are simple better.)
and for people like wonder woman,there is no possible way he can win,he will know her weakness,but that doesn't really help...so what is the extent to his powers,and say he fought batman,he fought the fight 1 million times in his head,i don't know how much of the fight would say that he wins.... (he did kick sebastian a majestic level being, and damaged maul in his respect thread so he does have the means to do so)
and if his computer knows what that person would do,wouldn't he be able to beat batman,and let's say that the person is one to change their tactics,like batman,how would he win,it would constantly change...someone please clarify the limits of his damn computer (he can beat batman, regardless of tactics. In a sense he is batman's prep time with legs and justification. Not because he is the goddamn batman, but because he isa augmented to do so)

Its basically "If I can win, then will I win" and imposing murphy's law on his enemies. He is a superhuman who thinks like a street leveler, give a guy superhuman powers and great martial arts training coupled with common sense.

#5 Edited by cameron83 (7798 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man: so...will he also be able to beat batman...also thank you for answering the question...is there a way batman can win

#6 Posted by Rumble Man (11198 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: He can beat batman as easy as you can beat a kindergartner into a coma

#7 Posted by JediXMan (32250 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83 said:

@Rumble Man: so...will he also be able to beat batman...also thank you for answering the question

I answered the question... after commenting on the rather irritating structure of the OP.

#8 Posted by cameron83 (7798 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: you didnt really answer the question,look back on the OP,refresh your page if you have to

#9 Posted by cameron83 (7798 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man: DAMN,so is there ANY way batman can win (besides writers)...what is the extent of his computer,and in new 52 it seems that people can get a hit on him and pre new 52...

#10 Posted by Rumble Man (11198 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: Don't want batman to win frankly, whenever someone finds a fault in the computer middy upgrades so it won't happen again. Bats can hit him sure, but would he want to **** a guy who can chop off a red lantern's arm with a knife?

#11 Posted by cameron83 (7798 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man: doesn't batman need just 1 hit on him

#12 Posted by Rumble Man (11198 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: Nope, in cqc batman is dead if he fights fair. Middy has enhanced durability too.

#13 Posted by cameron83 (7798 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man: but i'm sure batman,even going through the people he fought,won't be as easy as you make it,how will he win

#14 Posted by Rumble Man (11198 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: If he has trouble with bane and/or croc the middy will kill him, simple as that.

#15 Posted by cameron83 (7798 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man: you realize batman was also extremely tired during his trouble with bane...and bane would kill croc

#16 Posted by Rumble Man (11198 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: Does not matter, if he has difficulty then he will lose. Based on stat comparison and that bane is inferior to middy.

#17 Posted by cameron83 (7798 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man: so your telling me that there is absolutely no possible way that batman can win

#18 Posted by Rumble Man (11198 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: Prep time can, but straight fight h2h no

That was to back up my claim of the chopping red lantern thing, and yes in CQC batman has no chance in hell

#19 Posted by cameron83 (7798 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man: i'm pretty sure batman has done worse,midnighter cutting off a red lantern's arm is basically nothing

#20 Posted by Redberry (818 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83 said:

@Rumble Man: so your telling me that there is absolutely no possible way that batman can win

Batman can only win by PIS. There is no other way Midmighter would lose to him.

#21 Posted by Rumble Man (11198 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Edited by cameron83 (7798 posts) - - Show Bio

@Redberry: that sounds like fanboyism don't you think,i know i sorta sound like one,but i want to know......

@Rumble Man: also i hate how they somewhat weakened the red lanterns,cutting off the ring arm,seriously...that is so lame and complete PIS......and did they fight atrocitus,how did it go,in all honesty atrocitus should've defeated them badly

#23 Posted by Rumble Man (11198 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: Not weakened, he took em off guard but then again middy is crazy strong

so either red lanterns are weak (not the case) or middy is strong (consistently proven). Depends on which version of character, and mm would be a problem for atrocitus (they got reality warpers in stormwatch)

#24 Edited by Redberry (818 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83 said:

@Redberry: that sounds like fanboyism don't you think,i know i sorta sound like one,but i want to know......

@Rumble Man: also i hate how they somewhat weakened the red lanterns,cutting off the ring arm,seriously...that is so lame and complete PIS......and did they fight atrocitus,how did it go,in all honesty atrocitus should've defeated them badly

I read all the issues Midnighter were in, his solo series included. I know his power. He can fight people of Superman-caliber. Apollo's power is very similar to Superman, and he finds a way to beat the heck out of him. Apollo can fly around the Earth in roughly 30 seconds, he also has superstrength and invulnerable skin. Midnighter was able to beat him and the rest of his teammates easily. He can move in a burst of superspeed which means that he can kill Batman even before Batman can react. He usually prolongs fights because it's fun to him, not because he has to. Plus, he's ruthless. Batman doesn't kill, but Midnighter often kills his opponents in his first strike. Batman shouldn't even be able to hit him. He was able to dodge bullets in close combat from someone who has precision enhancement. There is just no way Batman can win against him. It's only fanboyism if I say Midnighter can beat people like Spectre or Phoenix. His ability just doesn't measure up to them.

#25 Posted by cameron83 (7798 posts) - - Show Bio

@Redberry: did you not read the op,that argument is like saying he can beat the flash...flash is far different than the other speedsters..and superman should be able to knock midnighter out before he can even think of the fights with 1 punch,also the only way midnighter is beating superman,or has a chance is if he has kryptonite,but superman can still fly out of range fast enough and shoot him with a laser or freeze him,statements like that make me believe your a fanboy...and in what possible way is midnighter's powers like superman's.....and actually now i think midnighter can kill batman....dammit,but yeah your entire superman thing was useless and invalid,it's because of the other guy why i say midnighter can beat batman,but he certainly cannot move faster than the speed of sound...even batman has dodged bullets,when,oh yeah,everyday

#26 Edited by Redberry (818 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83 said:

@Redberry: did you not read the op,that argument is like saying he can beat the flash...flash is far different than the other speedsters..and superman should be able to knock midnighter out before he can even think of the fights with 1 punch,also the only way midnighter is beating superman,or has a chance is if he has kryptonite,but superman can still fly out of range fast enough and shoot him with a laser or freeze him,statements like that make me believe your a fanboy...and in what possible way is midnighter's powers like superman's.....and actually now i think midnighter can kill batman....dammit,but yeah your entire superman thing was useless and invalid,it's because of the other guy why i say midnighter can beat batman,but he certainly cannot move faster than the speed of sound...even batman has dodged bullets,when,oh yeah,everyday

No, I did not say he could beat Superman, I said he could beat people of superman caliber, that is the difference. Superman caliber is usually what I refer to people who have the generic power set which mirror superman like superspeed, superstrength, flying which plague every DC titles nowadays. I have never said Midnighter's power is like Superman, so I don't even know why you bring that up.

P.S. Actually, you call me a fanboy for saying that Midnighter can beat Batman. It seems like you can't have a normal conversation without name calling on this forum. There is just no way Batman can beat Midnighter in a normal fight, based on their power level. If you read up on Midnighter, you should know that his power is beyond the capability of Batman in a standard fight.

#27 Posted by Billy Batson (59143 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody thinks that Middy would beat the Flash, besides some fanboys like CitizenBane and Buckshot.
BB

#28 Posted by Saren (26643 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

Nobody thinks that Middy would beat the Flash, besides some fanboys like CitizenBane and Buckshot.
BB

Moderator Online
#29 Posted by Billy Batson (59143 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@Billy Batson said:

BB

Pffft denying it when I'm calling you out on it, lol.
BB

#30 Posted by cameron83 (7798 posts) - - Show Bio

@Redberry: and you never read the statement when i said now i think midnighter can beat batman,are you dense,stop wasting my time please

#31 Edited by Redberry (818 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83 said:

@Redberry: and you never read the statement when i said now i think midnighter can beat batman,are you dense,stop wasting my time please

Seriously, you didn't say that until after I posted my comment. You were making a bunch of pointless posts questioning if Batman can beat Midnighter. You got issues if you feel the need to be this aggressive over a forum post.

#32 Posted by cameron83 (7798 posts) - - Show Bio

@Redberry: how am i being aggressive,and that was before you even posted it,i'm sorry if you didn't read that part,and i want to know how one will win,if you get offended or something i'm sorry but that's not my problem,and that was before you posted your comment! i'm not wasting my time here

#33 Posted by Redberry (818 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83 said:

@Redberry: how am i being aggressive,and that was before you even posted it,i'm sorry if you didn't read that part,and i want to know how one will win,if you get offended or something i'm sorry but that's not my problem,and that was before you posted your comment! i'm not wasting my time here

You called me fanboy for saying that Midnighter can beat Batman, then afterward calling me dense, even though I haven't used any attack toward you yet. I'm not offended because you have an opinion, I just find it ridiculous that you feel the need to get personal and attack people for no reasons. If you are not wasting your time, why are you keep commenting?