Middle-Earth debate thread. Everyone welcome...

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Penderor

So here we can discuss some things we found interesting in the books or movies. Questions, theories, ideas etc is welcomed.

I'll start. What do you think was the population of Numenor at its prime? We already know it was largest men kingdom, but how big it actually was?

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shouldn't this be in Off-Topic maybe? Hard to judge really but Numenor looks to be a bit bigger than Australia when comparing maps. Then again I'm not good when comparing things like that

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Penderor

@darthaznable: Well, I dont see reason why it couldnt be there, SW thread is in Gen. Discussion as well.

Well, judging from the fact, that when Sauron saw Numenor army at its peak and considered it enormous it had to contain hundreds of thousands troopers. Just in the Last Alliance, the Arnor had at least 50, 000 soldiers. Now its just the part of the people that escaped plus Black Numenoreans.

If we would say that Numenor had at least 300,000 soldiers, then absolutely minimal possible number of population would be 3-5 million, but most likely around 10 millions.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always loved the hobbit.

But i hate LOTR.

Beata

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor: And Australia is 23mil according to google so I wasn't TOO far off lol

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spidey_jackson: Some people just prefer fairytale over novel.

@darthaznable: You wasn't :)

I dont think that Numenor had 23 millions, as such country could have also millions of soldiers and that would be insane. Can you imagine being a Dark Lord, wake up, brush your teeth, look from the window and then see two millions of 2 meters tall, armored men waving their swords on your fortress? Not sure if Tolkien could in his world :D