#1 Edited by dondave (33409 posts) - - Show Bio

From the Article:

Michael Douglas will star as Hank Pym, who first appeared in Tales to Astonish #27, and joins director Edgar Wright, with Paul Rudd starring as Scott Lang in Marvel's 'Ant-Man,' on July 31, 2015.

"With Hank Pym's rich history in the Marvel Universe, we knew we needed an actor capable of bringing the weight and stature to the role that the character deserves," said Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige. "We felt incredibly relieved when Michael Douglas agreed to step into the part with the charm and fortitude he brings to every character he inhabits, and couldn't be more excited to see what he will do to bring Hank Pym to life."

Thoughts?

#2 Edited by Anbu_B_Team (357 posts) - - Show Bio

I Still don't see how this movie is going to fly...

#3 Edited by PowerHerc (80692 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see Douglass as Pym.

They could and should cast somebody else.

#4 Edited by TheMarvelFanboy (266 posts) - - Show Bio

This isnt true

#5 Edited by goobot (506 posts) - - Show Bio

This isnt true

Its on the front of Marvel.com, I guess wasp will be given the middle finger and hank will never truly be (Gi)ant man.

#6 Edited by Fallen_Crippled (6412 posts) - - Show Bio

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

#7 Posted by GraniteSoldier (6697 posts) - - Show Bio

Too old in my opinion.

#8 Posted by bunt947 (374 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who really likes this announcement?

#9 Edited by Fallen_Crippled (6412 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if this will ruin the chances of Wasp ever being in a film. I mean, they could have gave Pym his own solo film before introducing Lang. But now, Pym is old and will probably pass his suit down to Lang.

#10 Edited by OreoAssassin (3939 posts) - - Show Bio

#11 Posted by Oscars94 (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

Hahahaahahahaha April Fools! Feige? Wright? Anyone?

Oh No.

#12 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never jumped on the hate train with any of these casting announcements before (Affleck,Gadot,etc) but this really sucks. Pym just can't catch a break in the MCU

#13 Posted by laidblack (779 posts) - - Show Bio

Umm...huh

#14 Posted by Farkam (4666 posts) - - Show Bio

This isnt true

What made you feel the need to write this on all 3 threads?

#15 Posted by TexasDingo (219 posts) - - Show Bio

#16 Posted by HillbillyMorangie (927 posts) - - Show Bio

Catherine Zeta Jones as Wasp

#17 Posted by Tyrus (1083 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate this only because Rashida Jones likely has no chance at playing modern-day Wasp :/

#18 Posted by HillbillyMorangie (927 posts) - - Show Bio

Just putting this out there, but who is to say Michale Douglas will be playing his age? Older actors often play younger men and CGI has improved a lot since Trom Legacy, maybe he will be playing a man not much older then Rudd?

#19 Posted by kgb725 (5455 posts) - - Show Bio

Too old

#20 Posted by montydapunk.k (65 posts) - - Show Bio

This sucks, they have done injustice to Hank Pym by having a old version of him in the movie even though I hope that M. Douglas will play a 40 something with lots of CGI. However I am also thinking that (since Edgar Wright had said in an interview (wayyy back in 2006) that the plan is to show a young Hank Pym in action as the Antman from the 60s or 70s) maybe Douglas is only for the first movie. In the sequel they can include time travel and bring a young Hank Pym from the past (sounds cheesy though). Hell Kang can help em' in doing that