Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@those_eyes said:

why is nobody concerned that the thing is butt ass naked? race is the last thing that should be brought up when there are more important issues at hand.

Why are you so fixated on the Thing's nakedness? It's not like he's going to have a penis or a defined rump in this movie anyway. He's just a humanoid shaped, sentient rock. I'm sure families will be able to handle that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It is quite sad that people are pissed about the color of a mans skin. Its not like they are changing the comic version, this is an ADAPTATION, and race should not have anything to do with it at all. Johnny is still the same person, his skin is just a different color.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Screw black johnny

Blogger Doom is what makes me upset

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

He is a lot nicer than me tbh. anyone made at them casting a black guy is a racist and thats just the end of it

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:
@those_eyes said:

why is nobody concerned that the thing is butt ass naked? race is the last thing that should be brought up when there are more important issues at hand.

Why are you so fixated on the Thing's nakedness? It's not like he's going to have a penis or a defined rump in this movie anyway. He's just a humanoid shaped, sentient rock. I'm sure families will be able to handle that.

You dont think people are going to wonder how his penis just disapears just because he turned into a rock?

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:
@those_eyes said:

You dont think people are going to wonder how his penis just disapears just because he turned into a rock?

Most people don't think about penises doh.

They think about bewbies.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@those_eyes said:
@sprior93 said:
@those_eyes said:

Oh, because turning into a rock monster is such a casual thing. /s

His physiology gets drastically altered. I think it's plausible that he'd lose some appendages in the transformation.

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

As much as I dislike Marvel studios, this movie still looks terrible. Every bit. Still don't think Marvel should be rewarded when the rights back, though.

Dr_Cheesesteak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Marvel is a douche company.

qft x10000. I kinda wish Marvel would just sell the printing rights of Mutants and the FF to like Dark Horse or something so they could share their own little U along w/ the movie. That'd be sweet, instead of Marvel just sh*tting on Mutants and FF by kicking them into space or splitting them apart.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By BlackWind

I liked Michael Clarke Duncan as Kingpin because he had the size, charisma, and talent to be Wilson Fisk. And they couldn't find anyone else as good as him. His race didn't take away from the character.

But I don't believe for a second that they couldn't have found someone of the same race as Johnny to play the character.

t209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@blackwind: Well, too bad that he died before he get to become Barracuda from Punisher since I have a hard time seeing him murdering people with a smile on his face since he's a gentle giant in real life.

or playing as Strong Belwas, including taking a deuce in front of the city.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By SilverPool

Michael B. Jordan is a good actor, so I don't get the complaints. His last two paragraphs were a little di*kholish though.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

#63  Edited By SOG7dc

@sprior93 said:
@those_eyes said:

Because we can see his thing.

No Caption Provided

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:
@sprior93 said:
@those_eyes said:

No Caption Provided

Somebody didn't see Watchmen.

No Caption Provided

flagged for nudity.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@superguy1591 said:

@noone301994: See, if this was Black Wally you would have an argument, but this is a movie. Movies change things from the source material all the time and Marvel has no plans of bringing the FF movie into the comics.

Plus, he gave instances of people clearly making it about race.

This is an alternative Earth in Marvel where Johnny Storm happens to be black. DC did Crisis on Infinite Earths closing in on 30 years ago and some people still don't know what the multiverse is?

616 Johnny is still white, FoX Earth Johnny is black.

Your posts are so much win.

Agreed. If this was FB I'd press "like".

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@never_give_up said:
@sog7dc said:
@sprior93 said:
@those_eyes said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

flagged for nudity.

Serious?

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@never_give_up said:
@superguy1591 said:

@noone301994: See, if this was Black Wally you would have an argument, but this is a movie. Movies change things from the source material all the time and Marvel has no plans of bringing the FF movie into the comics.

Plus, he gave instances of people clearly making it about race.

This is an alternative Earth in Marvel where Johnny Storm happens to be black. DC did Crisis on Infinite Earths closing in on 30 years ago and some people still don't know what the multiverse is?

616 Johnny is still white, FoX Earth Johnny is black.

Your posts are so much win.

Agreed. If this was FB I'd press "like".

Same here.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes said:
@never_give_up said:
@sog7dc said:
@sprior93 said:
@those_eyes said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

flagged for nudity.

Serious?

flagged for nudity.

Spykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluejay4 said:

Butt Naked Thing

Young Reed Richards with Space powers

Black Human Torch

Hacker Doom

Hispanic Galactus with no powers next?

Whaaa?
That's just crazy!

No Caption Provided

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By never give up

Could've simply told me people instead of flagging/quoting me.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could've simply told me people instead of flagging/quoting me.

you know better, dont play dumb.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: lmao. That is how dr Manhattan is in the movie and graphic novel. Got the flag police on me. I didn't know you could get in trouble for a pic of Dr Manhattan though.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: lmao. That is how dr Manhattan is in the movie and graphic novel. Got the flag police on me. I didn't know you could get in trouble for a pic of Dr Manhattan though.

i didnt really flagg you btw. i just wanted to rustle your jimmies. lol

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By never give up
those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: You guys really upset me lol

Rustling has never tasted sweeter. But still i hope they address the thing being naked in the movie. Atleast give him his stretchy trunks.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@never_give_up said:

@those_eyes: You guys really upset me lol

Rustling has never tasted sweeter. But still i hope they address the thing being naked in the movie. Atleast give him his stretchy trunks.

Let us hope it hides something lol.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

I don't mind this kind of stuff in a TV show, but it gets annoying when it messes with the source material in film. The fact that Torch is African means that him and Sue aren't biological siblings which means they are adopted. Just a way to insert diversity while changing a key element of the team. I mean, I'm not gonna cry about it (not a F4 fan anyway) but diversity shoehorning is worse than lack of diversity in my opinion.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know, I'd like to say this bothers me. The truth is, I just don't care anymore about this films bs.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skit said:

You know, I'd like to say this bothers me. The truth is, I just don't care anymore about this films bs.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Michael B Jordan as an actor and he makes a good point, but honestly I won't see it. I never cared for the Fantastic Four.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Michael B Jordan as an actor and he makes a good point, but honestly I won't see it. I never cared for the Fantastic Four.

I'll see it. Gotta show FOX some love, I showed Disney some love with AOU.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wrglfan2814: Key element in terms of a constant in all itterations.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wrglfan2814: I'm not going to boycott the movie haha. I just think it's annoying. I'll still go see it. I've always just been annoyed by divisor shoenorning. Like ice man being gay.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I don't even like the Fantastic Four but I want to see this movie. Guess I'm in a minority here, but I also don't bitch about the the movies to the extent most comic fans do.

Also he's an actor, who gives a sh*t what he has to say? If you don't like what he's saying just remember that: He's an actor, nothing more.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I fcking hate all of you. Watch Chronicle and you'll see how perfect he is to play Johnny. Fcking nerds. Fck all of your opinions. Fck mine too. Fck you all.

I believe this is the greatest post I have come across on this site.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@regiebravo:

@superguy1591: @awesam:

I couldn't care less if he's black, purple, or green. You don't need to unnecessarily change an iconic character like that for no reason. It's just like Doom being an internet hacker. It's stupid. How about in the next Hulk movie we make him pink and he can shoot laser beams from his eyes? Or lets allow Spider-Man to have the ability to fly? That's just the point of view that I look at it from. My opinion has nothing to do with race or any of that social injustice stuff you guys are trying to make it about. I just personally think that it's just dumb when they have to change characters like that. You think I was happy when the 'Extremis' soldiers in Iron Man 3 were lava monsters? Or that the Mandarin was a joke?

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:
@regiebravo said:

I fcking hate all of you. Watch Chronicle and you'll see how perfect he is to play Johnny. Fcking nerds. Fck all of your opinions. Fck mine too. Fck you all.

I believe this is the greatest post I have come across on this site.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

forgive me if i'm still less than enthusiastic

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By AweSam

@noone301994: So, you're saying no black man should ever be allowed to play the Human Torch because he's black? Sounds racist to me. They're not "unnecessarily" changing a character. He's still the Human Torch. Nothing about his personality or power-set are being altered. They just figured that he's perfect for the role, so let's look passed the color of his skin and give him a chance. Clearly something you can't do...

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam said:

@noone301994: So, you're saying no black man should ever be allowed to play the Human Torch because he's black? Sounds racist to me. They're not "unnecessarily" changing a character. He's still the Human Torch. Nothing about his personality or power-set are being altered. They just figured that he's perfect for the role, so let's look passed the color of his skin and give him a chance. Clearly something you can't do...

Oh please, it's unnecessary change to an Iconic character, it's not racist at all. Do you know that terrible last Airbender movie? Sokka and Katara both have a distinct inuit background in the comics and TV show, and they cast white actors for the movie. And look at the backlash for that....They literally created a website called "racebending" because of it. It's the same as changing Spawn white, or Luke Cage white, or even Jon Stewart white, it's not necessary, the character has been white from comics to cartoons to movies for years now, it's obvious it was a PR stunt, hell josh trank even admitted it. And this race change does alter the story, Johnny and Sue are not related in this. You're "willing to look past it" because you don't care about the character and originality.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatblaze123: Couldn't have said it better myself.

@awesam said:

Again, let's make the Hulk pink. Am I racist for being against that? Or homophobic? Stop trying to make this about race and social inequality BS. I don't care about any of it. Bottom line, it's a completely unnecessary change. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatblaze123: They're not "necessarily changing" anything. They cast a black actor, so they fit the story around it. If they made him an alien, then they're unnecessarily changing the character. Casting a black actor means nothing. You're literally pissed off because he's black. It is racism whether you want to admit it or not. Maybe you should stop judging him by the color of his skin, and instead judge him as an actor. The original Human Torch also happened to be a drawing. I bet you weren't super mad when they cast a real person for the role the first time.

@heatblaze123: Couldn't have said it better myself.

@awesam said:

Again, let's make the Hulk pink. Am I racist for being against that? Or homophobic? Stop trying to make this about race and social inequality BS. I don't care about any of it. Bottom line, it's a completely unnecessary change. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

No, but you're homophobic for associating a pink Hulk with homosexuals. It is about race. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"? What does that even mean? It's not like they're just decided to make the Human Torch black for the hell of it, they happened to have found the right actor for the role who happens to be black. I support it 100%. Anyone should be given the opportunity to play the role.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about a Blade reboot starring Tom Hardy?

How about it you f@cking hypocrites?
How about it you f@cking hypocrites?

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Heatblaze

@awesam: "They cast a black actor, so they fit the story around it."

What story? What story revolves around a Black Human torch?

"You're literally pissed off because he's black. It is racism whether you want to admit it or not".

First of all, I'm black myself, second, no it's not racism. Wanting an iconic character to stay true to how he was visually displayed for over many years, isn't racism and it's unnecessarily changing the character. Hell I don't even like the casting choice for the Thing and Mr fantastic too. Would you call those who are upset about the race change for the last airbender racists? Hmm?

"It's not like they're just decided to make the Human Torch black for the hell of it,"

lol Yes they did. This is a comic book, not a novel, It's 100% visual, you see what they look like. Plus the director admitted he did it for the hell of it.