Michael B. Jordan Responds to Human Torch Rumors

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

@ruckus24 said:

@chanceencounter: I agree, however just to keep things close to the source with Johnny and Sue being brother and sister... I'm thinking Zoe Saldana as sue Storm. Perfect fit, right age range, excellent and experienced Science Fiction actor. Are we done here? :)

If they do go this route Zoe Saldana would make a great Sue Storm. If they do not I would like to see Alice Eve as Sue.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

@thejman251: I addressed the both of you, I never singled you out. The reason I did so was because instead of leaving it be and simply flagging said user's comment, you decided to try to take matters into your hand and unnecessarily escalate the situation. If you have a problem with someone in the future, simply flag the comment and a mod will take it from there mate.

Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304  Edited By Vitality

Never have been...and never will be a fan of people trying to change the race of established characters.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305  Edited By Nerx

@vitality said:

Never have been...and never will be a fan of people trying to change the race of established characters.

Respect

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thejman251: I addressed the both of you, I never singled you out. The reason I did so was because instead of leaving it be and simply flagging said user's comment, you decided to try to take matters into your hand and unnecessarily escalate the situation. If you have a problem with someone in the future, simply flag the comment and a mod will take it from there mate.

- That is true.

- Thank you for the heads up, i will do so next time.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#307  Edited By Deranged Midget

@thejman251: Glad I could help! Have a good one mate! :)

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lux_Invictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inkink said:

Why is it white people are the ones that always jump on the bandwagon for changing races of characters?. Most of the black people I know ( I am biracial so I will not include myself) don't give a F*** about the skin color of there favorite superheroes. Truth be told race DOES NOT MATTER but when making a movie from a source material its important to stick close to it. Look at the Avenger the actors look like the character they are playing if people want that its fine and understandable. Its not racist so do not throw that word around at others that do not think MBJ is the right fit, being racist means you hate a person because of there skin no one hates this actor here.

This was pretty well said and covers everything needed to say about this topic.

Lux_Invictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

Have thought about other races, like asian, jew, or hispanic?

Its always this black/white drama

Right? The rest of us are just like... "This again. Really guys?"

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lux_invictus: ever see an asian complain because the lack of yellow/brown/tan skinned heroes?

Noooope

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ruckus24 said:

@chanceencounter: I agree, however just to keep things close to the source with Johnny and Sue being brother and sister... I'm thinking Zoe Saldana as sue Storm. Perfect fit, right age range, excellent and experienced Science Fiction actor. Are we done here? :)

Yes. This.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He could also pull off a Static performance perfectly.

Lux_Invictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx: You never hear albinos either. That's like the least explored skin color of all time. You know what? Johnny Storm should be an albino asian guy. I would pay to see that.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lux_invictus: Agreed since asians make up for the majority of the world, but an albino asian is a mutation which fits with the superhero theme. I agree.

Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Quote: Have thought about other races, like jew...

"Jew" is not a race or a culture.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318  Edited By novi_homines

I doin't understand the hostility being spewed in this thread. Let me be clear about my stance.

- I understand that some don't care about race, but simply want him to be white because that's just how he's always been in comic book.

- I also understand why people think those not wanting Michael B. Jordan to play the human torch simply because he's black, may be a little racist.

Both sides make relatable and understandable claims. But there are ways of giving your opinions, without being hostile to others.

I see this differently. I see skin color not as a definition of a specific personality or ideology, but simply as a visual trait. As in, skin color is no different to me than hair color, eye color, height, or weight. There are people who have a black skin color, but fit 100% of the "white" stereotype, and vice versa. My point is, I take this simply as a human being playing a fictional character. This change, in my opinion, elicits the same response as a hair color change would. Not much. But obviously a change in skin color makes people angry because we still live in a world where race is still an issue. We have yet to unify as a species that views skin color differences the same as height, weight, eye color, or hair color differences.

And I would like to note, if there were as many black superheroes as there were white superheroes, I wouldn't have a problem if a black character were being played by a white character in a movie. Even then, some african americans would be outraged. But i'm just saying I wouldn't be. The only reason I would be opposed to a black comic book character being changed to a white character in live action, is because you can literally count, on one hand, which ones have the potential to be in a live action movie. And even that number is being generous. Taking one of those very few characters and switching them to white would simply make the problem of race in comics even worse.

Lux_Invictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

@lux_invictus: Agreed since asians make up for the majority of the world, but an albino asian is a mutation which fits with the superhero theme. I agree.

And isn't Muhammad like the most common name in the world as well? They should just change his name to that too. Not only would it make sense because ... c'mon now.. Muhammad is a drop dead sexy name, BUT the change might also spark some interest within the Arabic community to go see this superhero flick. An albino Asian named Muhammad would be a GREAT Johnny Storm. This one is for free Hollywood.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320  Edited By Nerx

@lux_invictus: dude a an albino asian Muhammad sounds awesome, since Islam is on the grow in asia as well.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

7 pages already?

Still lame idea.

Lux_Invictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

@lux_invictus: dude a an albino asian Muhammad sounds awesome, since Islam is on the grow in asia as well.

Nerx. Why aren't we in the entertainment business? We obviously have what it takes to be the best movie makers of all time.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

Nerx. Why aren't we in the entertainment business? We obviously have what it takes to be the best movie makers of all time.

Which is why you won't get hired ...

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324  Edited By Nerx

@drgnx said:

@lux_invictus said:

@nerx said:

Which is why you won't get hired ...

Since they want michael bay explosions and race lifting

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. This is still going? I've never seen so much debate over a rumor that was confirmed to be NOT true. I mean seriously he says it right there in the article, how is this still going on?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BREAKING NEWS

Silver Surfer is getting a race change too.

He will now be Gold, Replace his board with a floating platform,

And he will be renamed to OSCAR!!!

No Caption Provided

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx said:

BREAKING NEWS

No Caption Provided

LOL! ok this is pretty funny.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx said:

BREAKING NEWS

No Caption Provided

Hell no, he is a zenn-lavian

stop making fun of fictional races

that is offensive

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329  Edited By bloggerboy

@vitality said:

Agreed.

Though I did enjoy both Sam Jackson and Scarlett Johansson in The Avengers. And yeah, Nick Fury was black in some comics but I've just used of seeing him as a cigar smoking white dude.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#330  Edited By BlueLantern1995

@nerx said:

@drgnx said:

BREAKING NEWS

No Caption Provided

Hell no, he is a zenn-lavian

stop making fun of fictional races

that is offensive

lol

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_:

I'm black and I don't want this

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#332 vance_astro  Moderator

WOLF GANG...WOLF GANG...WOLF GANG...GOLF WANG!

batarang614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333  Edited By batarang614

@jonny_anonymous: He was white for the fifty years before that and black in the ultimate universe, not 616, there is a new black nick fury present in the 616 but he was introduced very recently. So...Nick Fury was white in the comics first. Considering that the black version is more memorable to you, it would seem that it was a good choice to change him.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@batarang614: Nobody mention anything about the 616 the simple fact is there was a black Nick Fury in the comics long before there was one in the movies

BatmansFear007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335  Edited By BatmansFear007

Let's not set the black guy on fire. Thanks.

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336  Edited By GunGunW

Let's not set the black guy on fire. Thanks.

It's settled. Thank you.

Celestialseed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx said:

BREAKING NEWS

No Caption Provided

Nice..lol

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh...

batarang614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg said:
@barkley said:

it only becomes a big deal if race matters more than characters

Bingo. This should never be a problem unless the acting is bad. How many people still complaining about Sam Jackson Nick Fury? Haters only.

The difference is that Nick Fury was black in the comics first

well...you were wrong he wasn't black in the comics first the 616 is the main universe since '61

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340  Edited By JulieDC

People will probably disagree with me, but I feel like he was a bit arrogant and disrespectful in his response to the rumors. i hate it when people say "its 2013 now..." as if that actually means something, or excuses something. it just feels like an insult to peoples legitimate concerns they have.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@jonny_anonymous said:

@fodigg said:
@barkley said:

it only becomes a big deal if race matters more than characters

Bingo. This should never be a problem unless the acting is bad. How many people still complaining about Sam Jackson Nick Fury? Haters only.

The difference is that Nick Fury was black in the comics first

well...you were wrong he wasn't black in the comics first the 616 is the main universe since '61

No I'm not wrong. Fury was black in the comics before he was black in the films, this is what we are talking about and I'v already explained this. The MCU is based on the Ultimate line of comics and in that Universe Fury is black. The film did not take an existing character and turn him black they used a character that was black already.

batarang614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: it's never been stated that the mcu is explicitly based on the ultimate line, though I will concede that the similarities certainly fall in to that category. Are you saying if they put out a comic where Johnny Storm was black, you would support the change in the film? Why isn't the change frustrating when it happens on the page?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: @batarang614:

Ultimate Nick Fury was actually intentionally based off of Samuel L. Jaskon's likeness and before SLJ was even drafted to play the role in the movie.

This is not a new occurrence, writers do this all the time, but respectable ones actually get permission first, like in Marvels case, but others get sued.

Originally an Italian American colonel with graying brown hair, Nick Fury was redesigned to look like actor Samuel L. Jackson with his permission, who went on to portray Fury in several Marvel Movies set in the established Marvel Cinematic Universe

yolo_el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol, anyone really thinks the suits at fox care about "multicultural yada yada"? its all about money as usual

BillyBonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why can't he be asian? we never get any leading roles in superhero movies :( Well maybe a Wolverine villain here and there but thats it!

Coffy22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twentyfive: But Fox in Wanted ethnicity was change to White in the movie; no one complained about that. Hollywood has/have White washed so many Black characters historically and fictional.

Zyeike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

only way it would be a problem is if they make sue still be white. if both are the same race then everything is fine no problem

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Great actor, but give him a black hero to play. Enough of this PC crap.