Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sufferthorn
No Caption Provided

Now that we've seen the purple Infinity Gem in Guardians of the Galaxy and the explanation that they are physical manifestations of the Universe long gone blah blah.

Not to mention that we saw the Celestials, the Collector and even a severed Celestial Head that was being harvested. I am wondering which infinity gem is which?

People have thought before that Loki's Sceptre had the Mind Gem. It is now PROVEN that the Tesseract and the Aether are gems(even more than it was before). So people thought the Tesseract was the Space Gem, and that the Aether was the Power Gem.

So let's get it down this way.

Space = Tesseract

Power = Aether

Mind = Sceptre.

So based on what we saw....what was the GoTG gem?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2 the_stegman  Moderator

I think the GotG one is the soul gem. And I didn't know Loki's scepter was a gem :o

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the GotG one is the soul gem. And I didn't know Loki's scepter was a gem :o

See, I don't think it was the soul gem. Because I think we're going to see that in Doctor Strange or some other.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 the_stegman  Moderator

@sufferthorn: I say soul cause I know it holds influence over living creatures and can overwhelm someone, which is kinda what it did in the film.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@the_stegman: Do you think the color of the gems in MCU is faithful to how they are colored in the comics? Because then the GotG gem would obviously be Space.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@jaken7: I dunno, I really think the Tesseract is the space gem, since it opens portals.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@jaken7: My theory,

The Aether is either the Power Gem or Reality Gem, since Malekith said he can shape the universe the way he saw fit with it.

The Purply one is the Soul Gem since it consumed and destroyed life

The Tesseract is the Space Gem

Loki's scepter is the Mind Gem.

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By strangetales

My best guess would be the soul gem

It was affecting basically just the people on the planet and the soul gem allows the user to steal and manipulate the souls of the living and dead(so it affects basically just the planets people like in the movie).

I think they mentioned in the movie how it would destroy xandas culture everything there is and was (I may be wrong on that I can't remember)

They did say it would destroy all organic life so that would be plants and stuff too which is whatever because it's the movie version so it not quite the same anyway.

I doubt it's the reality or time gem so soul seems most logical. Agree disagree?

EDIT : seems like most are thinking soul aswell

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

I think the Tesseract is space, Aether is reality, Orb is power, I think we'll see time stone in Avengers 2 when a lot of the roster have been killed it'll be reversed through use of the time stone. Soul in Dr Strange.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait when was it stated that the scepter was a gem ? Wasn't it just powered by the tesseract ?

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait when was it stated that the scepter was a gem ? Wasn't it just powered by the tesseract ?

It's never actually been stated that it's a gem. But it kinda looked that way when Von Strucker fondled over it in the Winter Soldier extra credits scene.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie said:

It's never actually been stated that it's a gem. But it kinda looked that way when Von Strucker fondled over it in the Winter Soldier extra credits scene.

I thought that was just because it was powered by one of the gems

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta be the Soul Gem

Should be interesting to see how and when they debut the Power and Time Gems

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sufferthorn said:

@uugieboogie said:

I thought that was just because it was powered by one of the gems

Oh yea. I wasn't saying the Sceptre itself is a gem. I was saying it was powered by a gem.

Hungry_Sharky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn this is why I love the MCU.

Can make great plots, great dough, and great fan service.

Avatar image for bossdarksied355
Bossdarksied355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bossdarksied355

I don't think the scepter had an infinity gem, mostly because if thanos had one he wouldn't just give it away. It probably drew it's power from the tesseract.