Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11197 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

MCU Iron Man Respect Thread + feat breakdown

• 83 results
    Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Spector_Rand

So, here's my second MCU respect thread and its for Iron Man. I know people asked for Cap next, but I had a lot of gifs for Iron Man already made. I promise i'll do Cap next. Again, same deal, comment if you have a good feat I should add or provide a detailed counter for ones you disagree with. AoU feats are hard to find video's for, so i'll edit them in later on.

Shall we begin?

Reaction Time

Iron Man actually has a couple of really impressive reaction time feats.

From Iron Man
    From Iron Man

Here Iron Man dodges a missile from a tank after it had been fired. Assuming that is a HE shell, it's going at roughly 1.2 KM per second.

From Iron Man 2
    From Iron Man 2

Again we have Tony dodging a missile after it has been fired.

From Iron Man 2
    From Iron Man 2

Here he dodges a weight thrown by War Machine. While not as impressive as the other two, it still serves to show Iron Man's impressive reaction time in H2H.

Strength & Striking Feats

Iron Man has a large number of highly impressive striking feats against a variety of opponents.

From Iron Man
    From Iron Man

Here Iron Man punches a human flying into the sky, who hit a concrete wall hard enough to leave a crater.

From Iron Man 2
    From Iron Man 2

Here Iron Man effortlessly kicks a Rolls Royce Phantom, which weighs two and a half tons, dozens of meters away

From Iron Man 2
    From Iron Man 2

Here Iron Man punches his way through Hammer drones hard enough to create sparks and heat the metal, as indicated by the glowing edges of the drones broken carapaces.

From Avengers
    From Avengers
    From Avengers
    From Avengers
    From Avengers
    From Avengers

Here we see Iron Man engaging Thor in H2H combat. He manages to completely shatter a section of a treeafter he kicks Thor through it, as well as knocking him down with a strike and throwing him some distance into an uprooted tree. This is impressive as Thor is one of the most powerful characters in the MCU, capable of engaging The Hulk in H2H combat. While Thor does have a clear edge in the fight, Iron Man manages to hold his own.

From Avengers
    From Avengers
    From Avengers
    From Avengers
    From Iron Man
    From Iron Man

Here we see what I consider one of Iron Mans signature moves, the Bull Rush. He has consistently used it to overpower and gain the advantage over more physically powerful characters.

From Iron Man
    From Iron Man

Here Iron Man catches and lifts a car even after depleting his energy reserves to less than 20%.

From Iron Man 2
    From Iron Man 2

Here Iron Man knocks War Machine back with one strike after hitting him with a weighted bar.

Repulsers and Arsenal

Iron Man has an extensive arsenal that allows him to attack his opponents with a large variety of attacks.

From Iron Man
    From Iron Man
    From Avengers
    From Avengers
    From Iron Man
    From Iron Man
    From Avengers
    From Avengers
    From Avengers
    From Avengers
    From Avengers
    From Avengers

Iron Man's repulser attacks are powerful enough to send regular humans into concrete and crack it, knockdown superior opponents like Iron Monger, Loki and Thor, and can fired in rapid succesion with varying degrees of power. They have been shown to burn holes in flesh

From Iron Man
    From Iron Man
    From Avengers
    From Avengers
    From Iron Man
    From Iron Man
    From Iron Man 2
    From Iron Man 2

Iron Man also has access to multiple forms of powerful missiles and elite targeting systems.

From Iron Man 2
    From Iron Man 2

One of Iron Mans most powerful attacks, his laser can cut through most substances.

Speed

Exceptionally fast when flying, Iron Man is one of the fastest character sin any CBM.

From Avengers
    From Avengers

Here is one of his most ridiculously fast feats,he is leaving multiple after images he is moving that fast.

From Iron Man
    From Iron Man

Breaking the sound barrier.

Durability

Iron Man's suit is capable of sustaining heavy damage, taking hits from a missile, Iron Monger, Whiplash and Thor with little to no effect.

From Iron Man
    From Iron Man
    From Iron Man
    From Iron Man
    From Iron Man 2
    From Iron Man 2
    From Avengers
    From Avengers

Note that Whiplash's attacks were cutting cars to pieces in one hit, while Thor's hammer is one of the hardest hitting objects in all CBM's.

Again, sorry to all those people who asked for Cap, he will be next, it's just that I had a lot of gifs pre-made for Iron Man.

@i_am_lightning@thor_parker82@masterkungfu

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godamn that's some power.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_am_lightning: yeah haha, he was actually a lot stronger than i gave him credit for

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nice, most deadly mcu avenger

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Spector_Rand
    Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spector_rand: yeah hes always the one coming up with the plan. he beat hulk and has gone toe to toe with thor with 0 knowledge.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Very nice. Seeing your two respect threads make me want to make one haha. Not a lot of CBM characters that don't have one yet though.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By MasterKungFu
    mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

botanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spector_rand:

Iron Man actually has a couple of really impressive reaction time feats.

No, not rly. His reaction times in the movies are on a human level.

Here Iron Man dodges a missile from a tank after it had been fired. Assuming that is a HE shell, it's going at roughly 1.2 KM per second.

You can do it Yourself, want a proof? Go to the link below, play the movie, try to do it Yourself. Dodge once You see it fires, You will move Your body by the exact same distance as IM did. - so no not impressive at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRCTPq2QEGc

Here he dodges a weight thrown by War Machine. While not as impressive as the other two, it still serves to show Iron Man's impressive reaction time in H2H.

Again, duable. In the movie he is just a regular human... that is all.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
    ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Spector_Rand

@botanix: I'd have to respectfully disagree. I haven't heard of someone regularly dodging missiles. The video you posted was just the clip of him dodging the missile, was that a wrong link?

Edit- I just read your full comment, I don't really understand what you're trying to say?

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool thread, MCU Iron Man is stronger than I thought.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_donaghy: Really? Haha that makes me feel better, I hope other people get a greater appreciation of the characters. Thank you for the feedback.

botanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By botanix

@spector_rand: what is there to understand? of course you did not hear because nobody is stupid enough to try it. How far is that tank, 300 metres? That gives you around 0.3 sec to dedge it. There was an episode on mythbusters proving given enough distance human can dodge a bullet providing you can see a gunfire. Many other tests were done, lots of info onthe internet, if u want to know more, then read. Of course bullet is slower butthe distance was also smaller. So if you add the distance and speed it will make no differrence if its gun or tank. It is doable, risky but doable. Im sure lots of people will disagree but i dont care, people tend to disagree not knowing the facts. They just disagre becsuse they think its impossibile, it does not mean that it is. And i do not argue with closed minded people, its a waste of my time ( not saying that you are ) i am not here on a mission to teach. Math does not lie.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@botanix: Not to be rude, but you haven't actually provided any proof of your point. As you said you aren't here to educate anyone, but you can't expect people to take your word without showing some form of evidence?

botanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By botanix

@spector_rand: why do i need to prove obious mathematical facts? Is it some kind of hidden knowledge? Average human reacts in 0.2 sec and below, do the math and prove it yourself.

Shell travels at the speed of 1200m per sec, in 0.2 sec it will teavel 240 metres, tanks is 300 metres away, it is doable, if it was closer then 240 metres, well then you would have a problem. As long as its more you should be fine. Simple math, what is there too hard to understand?

Now we are talking average human, martial artists have much lower reaction time, reaching even below 0.1 sec... since im has faster reflexes th3n he is around peak human, 0.1 sec do You understand now?

Peak real life human could in theory dodge tank shell fired from 100-120 metres, depending on the tank, and it is a fact. Anything less and you are dead.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@botanix: Reaction time doesn't translate to movement. Just because someone is able to react to an external stimuli does not mean they would be capable of avoiding said stimuli.

Again, all your statements are un-supported and I don't really appreciate the continued questioning of my intelligence.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@botanix: Reaction time doesn't translate to movement. Just because someone is able to react to an external stimuli does not mean they would be capable of avoiding said stimuli.

Again, all your statements are un-supported and I don't really appreciate the continued questioning of my intelligence.

Naturally, you have to react in order in order to respond, which in this case, is dodging a tank shell.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96: But your body can only respond within its limitations. People can react to a light a turning on, but they can't outrun said light.

botanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spector_rand: omg... closed minded indeed and so lazy. mythbusters dude, already told u how to find it.. anyway i no longer care.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By I_Am_Lightning

@botanix said:

@spector_rand: omg... closed minded indeed and so lazy. mythbusters dude, already told u how to find it.. anyway i no longer care.

Alright.

Then you're 100% sure you can dodge a FTS missile if it was fired 300 metres away from you?

botanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By botanix

@spector_rand: seriously what is your problem man. Given enough distance people can dodge bullets, not to mention trined people with much faster reflexes. We are obviously not talking point blank here. And again, how lazy u have to be not to search for "can humans dodge bullets", first page man, first! Its right out there man, but you will still denie it, because they do not mention tank shell... im so tired of guys like u in here... really, denie everything because u just cant understand it and accept some facts.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem with this is he's using a variety of suits with different measurables. There's no way the briefcase suit is as strong as a normal suit, or that his mk1 chestpiece he used in the Iron Monger fight is as potent as the mk 3 chestpiece he used in avengers. Basically, these are all different characters you're trying to lump into one.

botanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By botanix

@i_am_lightning: as long as u can see tanks fire ( you have to react to something ) it and your recaction time is on about average person level or better, you can dodge it. It it possibile. Keep in mind peak human reaction time is below 0.1 sec, that even makes it easier.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@botanix said:

@i_am_lightning: as long as u can see tanks fire ( you have to react to something ) it and your recaction time is on about average person level, you can dodge it. It it possibile

Are you seriously implying people can dodge sound?

botanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By botanix

@i_am_lightning: no they cant dodge sound because sound travel in all directions. object moving at the speed of sound can be dodged. As long as it has been fired from enough distance to give you enough time. You will not be able to see the bullet traveling, but you can dodge it.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@botanix said:

@i_am_lightning: no they cant dodge sound because sound travel in all directions. object moving at the speed of sound can be dodged. As long as it has been fired from enough distance to give you enough time. You will not be able to see the bullet traveling, but you can dodge it.

Humans are confirmed bullet timers, apparently
    Humans are confirmed bullet timers, apparently

botanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By botanix

@i_am_lightning:Humans are confirmed bullet timers, apparently

What exactly in "given enough time and distance" you do not understand? It does not matter if object is moving 50km/h or 1000 km/h, you can react to both as long as:

• you can see them being fired ( when tank fires it produces light doesnt it )
    • have been fired from enough distance so you can react to them.

The average bullet travels at 2,500 feet per second (around 1,700 mph). If you reacted to the sound of the gun going off and required 0.20 seconds (twice that of the fastest Olympic sprinters) to react, then you would need to be at least 500 feet away to successfully dodge a bullet.

Which means opymic spritenrs in theory would be able to dodge bullets fired from 500 feet / 2 or 500 feet and bullet speeed 1700mph X 2.

Argue more dude, just because u cant understand something, it does not make it invalid does it.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A human would be decimated at any distance from a tank shell lol

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@botanix said:

@i_am_lightning:Humans are confirmed bullet timers, apparently

What exactly in "given enough time and distance" you do not understand? It does not matter if object is moving 50km/h or 1000 km/h, you can react to both as long as:

• you can see them being fired ( when tank fires it produces light doesnt it )
    • have been fired from enough distance so you can react to them.
    kilometers away, maybe, but this is almost point-blank
    kilometers away, maybe, but this is almost point-blank

botanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_am_lightning:kilometers away, maybe, but this is almost point-blank

No not kilometers away, again just because You cant comprehend something it does not make it invalid.

When it comes to average bullet, the minimum distance for human is around 166 metres - and its a fact.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@botanix said:

@i_am_lightning:kilometers away, maybe, but this is almost point-blank

No not kilometers away, again just because You cant comprehend something it does not make it invalid.

When it comes to average bullet, the minimum distance for human is around 166 metres - and its a fact.

I'll check if it's a fact.

Meanwhile, IM's reaction time is still superhuman.

botanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By botanix

@i_am_lightning:I'll check if it's a fact.

I already posted a quote from muthbusters... so u argue with guys who acutally know what they are talking about - not to mention they consult most of the myths with acutall scientists...My answer to this is LOL. We have a dude here outsmarting everyone else... if you plan to argue with mythbusters quote, when math in there is right, there is no talking to you.

No, human can do it too. Tank was at least 200 metres away.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@botanix said:

@i_am_lightning:I'll check if it's a fact.

I already posted a quote from muthbusters... so u argue with guys who acutally know what they are talking about - not to mention they consult most of the myths with acutall scientists...My answer to this is LOL. We have a dude here outsmarting everyone elese...

No, human can do it too. Tank was at least 200 metres away.

I'll check for myself.

You did see the gif where he dodges a missile almost point-blank, didn't you?

botanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By botanix

@i_am_lightning:You did see the gif where he dodges a missile almost point-blank, didn't you?

And did u see how slow that missle was? Missles speed vary, they can go as slow as 160km/h, depending on a missle.. did u know that? I bet You did not...

Just because it's a missle does not mean its faster then sound... many missles out there can be outrun by a car. For example The M1 launcher missle speed is around 250km/h.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@botanix said:

@i_am_lightning:You did see the gif where he dodges a missile almost point-blank, didn't you?

And did u see how slow that missle was? Missles speed vary, they can go as slow as 160km/h, depending on a missle.. did u know that? I bet You did not...

I do. But that's a high end missile.

Even it was moving at 160km/h, it's still superhuman.

botanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By botanix

@i_am_lightning:Even it was moving at 160km/h, it's still superhuman.

And thats based on what? Actuall science or just u thinking it is, answer is obvious, u just think its impossibile so it make it impossibile? Lol again...

The average arrow travels at about 250 feet per second. Let’s say you respond at the moment you see the shooter releasing the arrow. With a reaction time of 0.20 seconds, you would need to be 50 feet away to react and dodge the arrow.

If that missle's speed was as fast as average arrow ( around 270km/h ), could be, many missles are slower and nothing in that gif suggest it was faster, since we can see it travel. Then peak human can dodge it from 9 metres away.

Math does not lie, and just because u dont understand it, again it does not make it invalid.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@botanix said:

@i_am_lightning:Even it was moving at 160km/h, it's still superhuman.

And thats based on what? Actuall science or just u thinking it is, answer is obvious, u just think its impossibile so it make it impossibile? Lol again...

The average arrow travels at about 250 feet per second. Let’s say you respond at the moment you see the shooter releasing the arrow. With a reaction time of 0.20 seconds, you would need to be 50 feet away to react and dodge the arrow.

If that missle's speed was as fast as average arrow ( around 270km/h ), could be, many missles are slower and nothing in that gif suggest it was faster, since we can see it travel. Then peak human can dodge it from 9 metres away.

Math does not lie, and just because u dont understand it, again it does not make it invalid.

Toy're being unreasonable.

I stop here.

mikebrowneyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@botanix said:

Just because it's a missle does not mean its faster then sound... many missles out there can be outrun by a car.

I don't think any missles can be outrun by a car.

botanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_am_lightning:Toy're being unreasonable.

Ok, you stop here. Its beyond your comprehension.

botanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikebrowneyes:I don't think any missles can be outrun by a car.

...Slowest missles travel 160km/h, fastest cars over 400km/h...

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@spector_rand: EPIC! Really looking forward to your Captain America one!

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus: im pretty sure hulk wouldve beaten hulkbuster, hadnt the spell worn off

botanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Op if You want an honest topic, pelase remove reaction time feats as I have aready proven they are not above human lvl.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.