#1 Posted by The_jackolantern (445 posts) - - Show Bio

So a lot of people moan about the fact that all the history in the new 52 has to get squashed in to 5 years but how come no1 moans about all the stories in the marvel universe happened in less the 13 years.

The reason I say 13 years is cause at the end of captain america 10 rick remender says that cap has spent more time in dimension z then in then in his current time!!!

Did I get that right or not?

#2 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (12660 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think so, but I could be wrong. I'll reread the issue. I know that Dimension Z time is A LOT quicker than regular time, maybe that's what you misread?

#3 Posted by bunt947 (375 posts) - - Show Bio

You' re right. According to marvel.wikia.com : "It is possible that 4 years of comics in our universe are the equivalent of 1 year in this universe, as it is revealed in 2013's Indestructible Hulk that the 2008's Skrull Secret Invasion happened one year ago. This would mean that from 1961 (the debut of Fantastic Four #1 and the beggining of the "Age of Heroes") to 2013, only 13 years have passed in this universe."

#4 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12660 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by The_jackolantern (445 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats a damn lotta stuff to happen in such a short time dont you think

#6 Edited by dondave (38903 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

On one hand this does make sense of why people age so slowly.

On the other hand real world events still happened at pretty much the same dates in marvel.

It's confusing and you shouldn't think too hard about it.

#8 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12660 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: Well, I did not see that part. You proved me wrong. That's real freaky.

#9 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12660 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardian_of_gravity: Yeah, whenever Marvel talks about time, they always use the current time. Like in SSM, they had SM2009 go back to 2013, but technically the era should still be like 1970. It doesn't make sense but I also think Marvel uses a time slide theory so it makes up for it. Sorry if none of that made sense.

#10 Edited by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

let's say you have something here, i doubt it, but let's say you have something. 13 years vs 5? yeah, marvel wins. stop being butthurt because dc is run by idiots.

#11 Edited by The_jackolantern (445 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetimestreamer: well you might doubt it but it says it in the letters page so theres your proof.

I was only putting this out there as I found it interesting not because im butthurt so lets not jump in being a d!ck in a thread for no reason. Thanks for your mature reply tho

#12 Posted by danhimself (22718 posts) - - Show Bio

it's better that Marvel doesn't really even tell us how much time has passed....we know that time is compressed but no specific number of years....DC's timeline would have worked better had they not specifically said 5 years but instead just said that the first arc of Justice League happened in the "past"....that way there wouldn't have been a problem with the Robins

#13 Edited by Night Thrasher (3709 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel long ago established that their universe has "compressed time". Meaning that time passes in the Marvel Universe at a slower and more erratic rate in the Marvel Universe as opposed to the real world. As such writers can "compress" and "decompress" the timeline as they see fit around the story they want to tell.

#14 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

it's better that Marvel doesn't really even tell us how much time has passed....we know that time is compressed but no specific number of years....DC's timeline would have worked better had they not specifically said 5 years but instead just said that the first arc of Justice League happened in the "past"....that way there wouldn't have been a problem with the Robins

This

#15 Posted by jeanespinosa21 (217 posts) - - Show Bio

I never understood the problem with the timeline like characters that multiple comics are doing things all over the place. Like can't we just enjoy the stories and not bitch about how long a universe has been in place? Because if not almost all the characters we love would be dead or too old to function by now except for the god like characters.

#16 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

I never understood the problem with the timeline like characters that multiple comics are doing things all over the place. Like can't we just enjoy the stories and not bitch about how long a universe has been in place? Because if not almost all the characters we love would be dead or too old to function by now except for the god like characters.

Agreed. People worry too much about that stuff