Follow

Star Wars Universe

Concept » Star Wars Universe appears in 1596 issues.

The "galaxy far, far away" in which the Star Wars films and related works take place.

Maul & Talzin vs. Sidious - Son of Dathomir #04 Final !

• 63 results
    Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Erkan12
    No Caption Provided

Issue summary:

"Count Dooku is possessed by the spirit of Mother Talzin! Darth Maul’s Shadow Collective is shattered! The Separatists attack! And Darth Sidious himself enters the fight!"

Source : http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=52832

Their last encounter ;

Darth Sidious vs. Darth Maul :

Powers of Talzin :

With this we can see how powerful Mother Talzin (leader of the nightsisters and creator of Savage and Maul) is... I hope there will be another intense battles...

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Is this issue 4?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
    deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Hmm interesting. I'm digging the Magic Saberstaff. Talzin must be pretty powerful if they hope to pull this off though.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just realized Maul's saber got revamped again. To a magick doublesaber. Ahahahahahaha.

This keeps getting better.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: You know what's even funnier?

Dooku is a crossdressing lady snatcher! HA!

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Wolfrazer

Not sure I like this...I mean a Nightsister(leader sure but still..) challenging Sidious? /Eye squints...

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Erkan12

Also there are some related parts about Talzin and Maul in Darth Plagueis novel ;

Color rose in Plagueis’s cheeks. “The Jedi have long known that the dark side has been reawakened and cannot be checked by them. Now they have felt it on their own Coruscant.” “Even so, we can’t continue to risk exposure,” Sidious said carefully. Plagueis studied him. “You have more to say about this.” “Master, would you consider training someone in the Sith arts to execute whatever missions are required?” “Another Venamis? In defiance of our partnership?” Sidious shook his head. “Not an apprentice; not someone who could ever aspire to become a true Sith Lord. But someone skilled in stealth and combat, who could be eliminated when no longer needed.” Surprise shone in Plagueis’s eyes. “You already have someone in mind.” “You instructed me to keep an eye out for beings who might prove helpful. I found such a one on Dathomir not a year ago. A male Dathomiri Zabrak infant.” “Many Zabrak demonstrate strength in the Force. By nature, it would seem.” “This infant does. The mother birthed two and sought to save one from the clutches of the Nightsisters, especially from one known as Talzin.” “You purchased him?” “Accepted him.” “Where is he?” “I brought him to the accounting facility that Damask Holdings maintains on Mustafar, and left him in the care of the custodial droids.” eyes briefly. Mustafar had served as a place to dispose of enemies and evidence long before Boss Cabra’s reclamation station had been made available to Hego Damask and others. “And the mother?” he asked. “Alive—for now.” “Might not this Talzin pursue the infant?” Sidious looked inward. “She may.” Plagueis growled in irritation. “Then it will be your business if she does.” Sidious bowed his head in acceptance. “Leave the infant on Mustafar in the care of the droids,” Plagueis added at last, “but begin to train him. Inure him to pain, Lord Sidious, so that he will be able to serve us fully. Should his Force talents fail to mature, eliminate him. But if he measures up, relocate him at your discretion to Orsis.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: Actually, in The Wrath of Darth Maul, during Maul's training, Talzin actually succeeds in capturing him. They drug Maul, kidnap him, and offer to transform him like they did to Savage, and ask him to come home to Dathomir. Maul refuses, and tries to escape. Eventually, Sidious turns up and takes Maul back from Talzin. Instead of killing Talzin, like he would anyone else, he just sort of says "leave before I change my mind" and lets Talzin escape, even though she tried to steal Maul from him. It seemed like Sidious knew Talzin and for some reason actively chose to spare her. So, perhaps Talzin and Sidious have some kind of history that we will find out about in SoD #1? In the #1 solicitation, it says we will find out something mysterious about Maul's past. I believe it is something to do with Sidious and Talzin.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Erkan12

That sparing part seems interesting.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I saw this solicit when they announced yesterday that August will be the last month that Dark Horse publishes a Star Wars comic (end of an era). I'm very intrigued...

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Wolfrazer

@i_like_swords: Sidious is Maul's father...just wait...and if so.../sigh.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: Couldn't be... Maul's father had to have been a Dathomiri Zabrak, and even then, Maul's dad was killed after Maul was born, like all Nightbrother fathers.

Someone had posed the idea on another forum that Talzin and Sidious were Maul's illegitimate parents.. dunno how I feel about that.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Why does it have to be a male Zabrak? Talzin is one too yes? Or half? Maul could have inherited the traits of a Zabrak. /Shrug...

But meh...I'm just speaking out loud here, what with Sidious not killing Talzin the 1st time(which seems really bizzare of him) and this whole "past of Maul" that's gonna come out.

Either that or weird magic shenanigans. I think I just prefered it when Maul was just a zabrak.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does it have to be a male Zabrak? Talzin is one too yes? Or half? Maul could have inherited the traits of a Zabrak. /Shrug...

A male Dathomirian is a Zabrak. A female Dathomirian is a human. That's how it's been in their cross-breeding the whole time. Talzin and Sidious are both human, (to my knowledge) and wouldn't be able to spawn a Zabrak.

Indeed.

Eh.. I prefer the Dathomir thing. Maul just being another Zabrak from Iridonia with zero backstory is pretty boring.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Erkan12

I uploaded all of Talzin's features, she has interesting powers such as floating, creation, blessing, voodoo, magick blast, detection etc.

Loading Video...

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Erkan12

I believe Talzin's dueling skills are better than Ventress since she hold her own against Mace Windu (Ventress failed to do this in Jedi - Mace Windu)

And her spells and magick blasts are absolutely useful.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sidious destroys following typical EU convention, but since the EU has become an alternate reality, I doubt that would be the case. Sidious would have to win for the sake of plot nonetheless.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Erkan12

Maybe there can be some sorcery battle or something along with duel ;

Loading Video...

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: That was one of the worst examples of Sorcery which is not really how sorcery operates in the EU, and that iteration lacks combative application as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: I like the notion of Talzin being powerful. Wouldn't mind seeing her at Yoda's level. I can't wait to see the full extent of her power.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Erkan12

Sidious destroys following typical EU convention, but since the EU has become an alternate reality, I doubt that would be the case. Sidious would have to win for the sake of plot nonetheless.

Thats certain. But how ? I am waiting something new from Sidious, not just force lightning, maybe force drain or with some sith sorcery.

I like the notion of Talzin being powerful. Wouldn't mind seeing her at Yoda's level. I can't wait to see the full extent of her power.

IMO her level should be TCW Maul or Dooku, Yoda or Sidious level would be extreme for a nightsister.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12 said:

@shootingnova said:

Thats certain. But how ? I am waiting something new from Sidious, not just force lightning, maybe force drain or with some sith sorcery.

@i_like_swords said:

@erkan12: I like the notion of Talzin being powerful. Wouldn't mind seeing her at Yoda's level. I can't wait to see the full extent of her power.

IMO her level should be TCW Maul or Dooku, Yoda or Sidious level would be extreme for a nightsister.

Lol well her sorcery has left Dooku reeling already, and Sidious himself has considered her powerful, and has gone as far to say that a full-scale invasion from the CIS wouldn't be enough to take Dathomir simply because of her. She isn't just a standard Nightsister...

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Erkan12

CIS can't defeat Talzin because of her ghost form.

Loading Video...

She is like a ghost right now,

And for Dooku, he still manage to command Grievous against that powerful magic, but true she gave hard time to him.

I am guessing that with capture of Dooku in SoD #03, Talzin takes possession of him and with this she become more powerful but also tangible, with tangible body Sidious can defeat her but i am sure it will be a good fight either way.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ShootingNova

@i_like_swords: @erkan12: Talzin is only powerful on Dathomir. Outside of being amped on Dathomir, she has no feats which even approach that level. Also, during the Clone Wars, Sidious learned to manipulate Sith spirits:

"The Holocrons enabled him to channel Sith spirits"

Whether this would mean he could do the same to Talzin is debatable, but it is plausible.

Faymousinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Who would you say is more skilled in Sith Magic? I cant decide myself.

Faymousinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Faymousinus

@i_like_swords Ok, I bought the book. And now I want to buy the next book!

No Caption Provided

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Faymousinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: No she doesnt practice Sith Magic, but she does practice Magic.

But would you say that Talzin's knowledge in Magic, is better than Sidious' knowledge in Sith Magic.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@faymousinus: Probably because the extent of Sidious's magic is less identified and Talzin has the aid of other witches.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Faymousinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: I know! But it would be cooler if it was Dooku vs the Nightsisters.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@faymousinus: Nah. We've already seen what the Nightsisters can do. It'd be cool to see what the Nightbrothers bring to the table. They'll probably be useful temporarily then get slaughtered like the rest of Maul's army but.. hey, epic battles are on the way.

Faymousinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Hmm, yes. I would though like to see some more battles with Sidious.

I cant wait for his battle with Talzin.

Faymousinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Faymousinus

@i_like_swords: But to me I would say that the Nightbrothers looked mostly like fodder, especially in the Clone Wars.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@faymousinus: Eh, they're alright as far as fodder go I suppose.

Faymousinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Eh, I would put the Nightsisters over them. By quite a bit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@faymousinus: That's because they're Force sensitive, and the Dathomirians is a race built around the principle that the females own the males, and are their overlords.

Faymousinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Faymousinus

@i_like_swords:

and the Dathomirians is a race built around the principle that the females own the males, and are their overlords.

Feminists.

But hey, I didnt actually know that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@faymousinus: Tis true. There's a story arc in the Republic comics where Quinlan Vos infiltrates Dathomir. You see all the feminists and slaves and stuff. No Zabraks though, strangely. Probably because that part of the Dathomirian mythos hadn't been created yet, actually.

Faymousinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think there will be only two dathomirian in last chapter (SoD 04). All nightsisters died on episode of ''Massacre'' except Talzin. And all nightbrothers probably gonna die because of Dooku, with that Maul will be the only nightbrother.

Then, only remained nightsister and nightbrother duo (and strongest of them) will fight against Sidious. As a last stand.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@faymousinus: Can't remember the issue numbers.. I'll check.

Faymousinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Erkan12
    ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: As far as I know, Talzin will be using Dooku's body to fight Palpatine. Clearly, Sidious would exorcise her (and probably kill her). It might be that Palpatine has immense difficulty in the fight (though I would doubt it) and Dooku's actual self surfacing could be an edge for Palpatine.

Truth be told, I would prefer Sidious battle Talzin on her own, and Tyranus fight Maul.

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By silentbat

I really don't know how this series will end. I'm pretty certain they will not kill off Maul again ... I think Talzin can bite the dust though. It also seems inevitable that Maul and Dooku will fight, since they are in such close proximity.

Since the movies and their novelizations are canon there needs to be an edit in Revenge of the Sith, as Dooku refers to Maul as being dead long ago by Obi-Wan's hand.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't know how this series will end. I'm pretty certain they will not kill off Maul again ... I think Talzin can bite the dust though. It also seems inevitable that Maul and Dooku will fight, since they are in such close proximity.

Since the movies and their novelizations are canon there needs to be an edit in Revenge of the Sith, as Dooku refers to Maul as being dead long ago by Obi-Wan's hand.

Nah, I think they will certainly kill Maul this time. I don't see any plot for Maul surviving the TCW era. My only concern is, how will Sidious vs. Maul duel be portrayed...

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

I don't like the fact that they seem to write great stories then dismiss them as non cannon but didn't I read somewhere that Maul was killed by Luke's uncle or something? But I don't know perhaps that isn't canon anymore. Why can't everything just be canon? It really isn't hard.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like the fact that they seem to write great stories then dismiss them as non cannon but didn't I read somewhere that Maul was killed by Luke's uncle or something? But I don't know perhaps that isn't canon anymore. Why can't everything just be canon? It really isn't hard.

True. Its from Visionaries... It has become non-canon due to TCW revival of Maul.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.