Matt Kindt leaving Suicide Squad.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By BR_Havoc

Reports are coming in that Kindt is leaving Suicide Squad after Forever Evil. When I heard this news I just thought then what was the point? Why did you get rid of Kot in a fashion that gave you terrible PR only to have the new writer that you hyped as his permanent replacement leave after less than 7 issues citing that he can't juggle so many books and that he was only supposed to pen up to the end of the F.E. Tie ins.

Just want to know other peoples opinions on this

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#1  Edited By akbogert

*shrug*

I was pretty upset before but with Kot moving on to cowrite Secret "There will be deaths. Plural. I am not sorry" Avengers maybe there were good reasons for him to go?

Anyway I don't read anything in particular from Kindt walking. Frankly the book has been a problem for DC since it started.

Avatar image for johnkmccubbin91
johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 672

User Lists: 103

I though Kot chose to leave as he apparently said he didn't have any more ideas for the series and wanted to do something different.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BR_Havoc

@akbogert: In all honesty look at that roster and think of a character that could die for any amount of time. Can't be Widow or Hawkeye, Spider-Woman is a maybe but I doubt it. The only ones you need to be worried about being Colson and Nick Fury Jr.

I think Kot is saying that to hype the book if he kills someone they will be back by the end of his run because he gets to play with big characters.

@johnkmccubbin91:

No Kotwas actually fired from the book. Which was sad because he was the best writer theseries had.

johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@br_havoc: Was he? That's a surprise as although I wasn't reading it (dropped it as the early issues were terrible and DotF tie-ins weren't any better) but heard that it was very good when Kot was writing it.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I don't really care about him leaving. His run wasn't nearly as good as Kot's preceding stint on the title, so I'm open to new blood. My remaining interest in the title lies with the succeeding writer and whether or not they're good.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

@br_havoc: That quote was referring to the current run, before the ANMN lineup. Taskmaster has already been killed and the arc is literally called "how to maim a Mockingbird."

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

This is bad news because currently the series is really becoming one of my favorites from DC but Kindt just has too many books.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BR_Havoc

@tdk_1997: Kindt admitted that his well was dry before he started with this title. I like his honesty because frankly it was obvious from his villains month issues he did not really know what to do.

I do feel this might be the nail in the coffin for this title and I can't say that is a good thing or a bad thing.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BR_Havoc

@johnkmccubbin91: Yeah he was fired because he did not want to have it cross over with Forever Evil I believe. Oh yeah that death of the family cross over....Wow what was Glass thinking lets beat and maim Harley Quinn for 21 pages.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@br_havoc: I think if DC don't get a good writer on the book then the book is kind of done.People will be tired from so many creative changes and the book still being way too mediocre and bad at times that the sales would go really low.But on the other if the book gets some writer like Kot or Kindt then it has a bright future.

johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@br_havoc: That sounds like DC, much like they cut JH Williams III's Batwoman run short just so they could have a Zero Year tie-in (which wasn't that great at that). Yeah it was a terrible tie-in and the one that was worse was Catwoman.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@johnkmccubbin91: thank you. Finally someone that says mr lopresi and laymans catwoman stunk. People were were acting like it was good (even gman in his review). Can you believe that nonsense.

@BR_Havoc

After thinking about it... yeah, I agree. Mr kindt is doing a fantastic job on the series. It took me 2 issues to realize, I can't wait for the issue in the coming months.

So far, my favorite part was where james gordon jr stabbed harley right in her back. Harley says " you shouldn't have done that gordy." Lol

Awesome fight!