#1 Posted by DaemonTheDemon (105 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Peter better off with Carlie or MJ?

Don't get me wrong I'm a big Peter/MJ fan but it slowly faded away. Because when Slott said Peter and MJ will be back together I wasn't the least bit excited but since it's Doc Ock I puked chunks.

Honestly I like the Peter/Carlie relationship, sometimes people, even superheroes, need to move on. Just ask New 52 Superman.

#2 Posted by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't know people who liked Peter/Carlie existed. 
Weird.

#3 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

that could be a nice way to get around the whole MJ vs SpOck dilemma

#4 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

I didn't know people who liked Peter/Carlie existed. Weird.
#5 Posted by Timandm (3316 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Carlie from the get go... Before they actually got together I was hoping for it... But by the time they actually brought them together, they had changed Carlie.. It didn't seem the same. But, in any case, to my mind there will always ever be only one woman for Peter Parker and that is M.J.

#6 Posted by Ironhawk22 (274 posts) - - Show Bio

Carlie Cooper of course! Not the biggest MJ fan to be honest. I get why people like the character, but she personally does nothing for me as a character.

#7 Edited by ngroove (318 posts) - - Show Bio

MARY JANE WATSON-PARKER!!!!!

Anyone who supports Carlie Cooper, even whispers her name in a positive light, in my eyes are pure BLASPHEMERS of Spider-readership, of the memory of the greatness he once was, PRE-ONE MORE DAY.

#8 Edited by ngroove (318 posts) - - Show Bio

@DaemonTheDemon said:

Is Peter better off with Carlie or MJ?

Don't get me wrong I'm a big Peter/MJ fan but it slowly faded away. Because when Slott said Peter and MJ will be back together I wasn't the least bit excited but since it's Doc Ock I puked chunks.

Honestly I like the Peter/Carlie relationship, sometimes people, even superheroes, need to move on. Just ask New 52 Superman.

No, we don't need to "move on" in the face of such "abprupt", unwelcome change.

It's as easy as simply boycotting, not spending a single red cent, on new Spider-Man, until Pete / MJ is restored FOR REAL, as well as the same goes for Superman, until Lois / Clark is back as superherodom's first couple.

#9 Posted by nalz (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Kagome or Bella?

Wolverine or Spider-Man?

Rukia or MJ?

Iron man or war machine?

#10 Posted by akbogert (3227 posts) - - Show Bio

Having not read a Spider-Man book proper for the better part of a decade, I'm not precisely qualified, but I don't know if I could ever really acclimate to the idea of someone replacing MJ. When I found out they'd gotten married, and that the marriage had subsequently been...erased, I was pretty upset. A relationship that developed to that extent should never have been undone in the first place, let alone replaced.

Also, the only thing I really know about Carlie is that she considered getting a tattoo of Ock, which has unstable written all over it.

#11 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10130 posts) - - Show Bio

Carlie

#12 Edited by ngroove (318 posts) - - Show Bio

@nalz said:

Kagome or Bella?

Wolverine or Spider-Man?

Rukia or MJ?

Iron man or war machine?

The only reasonable comparison(s) with Mary Jane, of significance to Spider-Man / Peter Parker's world, is either Gwendolyn Stacy or Black Cat. Carlie Cooper is sooooooo downgradely BORING, comparing her to Mary Jane, is like comparing bologna, not even hamburger, to steak.

#13 Posted by wr3h (396 posts) - - Show Bio

'nuff said.