Marvels version of "The Light"

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tigerkaya

In Young Justice we saw an assemblage of DC's greatest masterminds united to topple the Justice League utilizing various aspects of the DC Universe's mytho's in magic, science, political, alien alliance, and criminal organization. Who do you think would be the members?

My picks

Kang or The Master leader

Doctor Doom

Apocalypse

High Evolutionary

Monica Rappaccini

Loki

Red Skull

MODOK

Organizations: HYDRA, AIM, The Hand, The Zodiac and The Maggia

Ultron now leader of the Phalanx (later in the season)

Ultron's role of the story is different. He never fought the Avengers because Pym after seeing the corruption Ultron's logic destroy all organics cast Ultron into a probe into space. Only to be found by the Phalanx and begin to corrupt them becoming their leader. With this new role in power, Utron had a clearer sense deciding to rule over organics instead even to the point of compromising with organics. Why he decided to join The Light.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

we kinda got that with the Cabal

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: It felt more like a "you do favor for me here and I repay you back" in The Light they were building towards a common goal, using the vast resources of the DCU and beyond while still working in cooperation. The Cabal was basically a hostage situation of Norman threatening everyone with his pit bull.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

Haven't seen much of Young Justice, but after reading about the Light on the Wiki, it sounds like the kindof plot that Apocalypse would come up with. With that in mind, I'd probably go with the following as their representatives.

Apocalypse

High Evolutionary

Dr. Doom

Mr. Sinister

Magneto

Mandarin

Modok

They seem like the villains that would be the most interested in human evolution.

Red Skull would be out, because he's pretty well hated by most other Marvel villains, especially Doom and Magneto. Thanos would be out because he honestly doesn't care about humans at all. I don't see why Kang would have much of an interest, considering he's from 2000 in the future. Loki I could see taking the Darkseid role, not an actual member but willing to help as he'd like to see what happens.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5 SC  Moderator
  • Civil War Iron Man
  • Superior Spider-man
  • AVX Cyclops
  • Magneto
  • AoU Vision
  • Ultron
  • Ultron's father Hank Pym
  • Zombie Xavier Protocols 2.0 Xavier
  • Black Panther who still doesn't want to share cure with cancer.
  • AVX Captain America
  • Siege Volstagg

Pretty scary formidable, don't worry though, Wolverine will snikt em in their time hole.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tigerkaya

@moonchilde:

@moonchilde said:

Haven't seen much of Young Justice, but after reading about the Light on the Wiki, it sounds like the kindof plot that Apocalypse would come up with. With that in mind, I'd probably go with the following as their representatives.

Apocalypse

High Evolutionary

Dr. Doom

Mr. Sinister

Magneto

Mandarin

Modok

They seem like the villains that would be the most interested in human evolution.

Red Skull would be out, because he's pretty well hated by most other Marvel villains, especially Doom and Magneto. Thanos would be out because he honestly doesn't care about humans at all. I don't see why Kang would have much of an interest, considering he's from 2000 in the future. Loki I could see taking the Darkseid role, not an actual member but willing to help as he'd like to see what happens.

Nice line up. I actually thought of adding High Evolutionary but I saw him as a neutral. Red Skull I added for despite is belief in the Nazi regime he's able to put aside that to work in a high class group examples from Acts of Vengeance and teaming up with Doom in Captain America run Brubaker. Kang I added for he has stated that in Kang Dynasty he had a grand plan in humanity ascending further so adding him as leader I felt worked. He reminded me of Savage both men have been conquerors throughout their careers and times plus despite Kang's protest I always see bits of Immortus in him being devious, liar and manipulator. I'll give that one on Thanos, he always did feel like an independent agent. Loki I see more as working with the group not as the Darksied role he doesn't strike me as the guy with a grand scope other than to overthrow Odin and kill Thor. Magneto I don't see working with this group his views are too narrow to the groups grand scope for the future of all. He would betray this group in an instant if they threaten mutants in their plans. But thanks to you I think I have a better benefactor over Thanos

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Apocalypse

High Evolutionary

Dr. Doom

Mr. Sinister

Magneto

Mandarin

Modok

I like this a lot, but I don't see Magneto going along with this group.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tigerkaya: @oldnightcrawler:

Yea, I included Magneto because the description of The Light on the wiki was basically 7 villains that sought to advance human evolution and thought the JLA were impeding human evolution due by prevent natural disaster and disrupting the "only the strong survive" aspect necessary for human evolution. Magneto is someone who obviously supports human evolution, as he believe mutants are the next step, but he's never really been into the whole "only the strong should survive" thing that Apocalypse is into. Plus I think he actively hates Apocalypse and Sinister, so probably wouldn't work with them, so I agree, take him out.

As for Red Skull. It wasn't really about him setting aside his nazi sympthies, it was more that the other villains not willing to forgive him for them. Very few villains actually see themselves as villains, and most see what the nazi's did as rather repugnant. As you pointed out though, Doom, inspite of his personal hatred for the Skull, has shown that he's willing to work with him if it advances his own goals. Apocalypse and Sinister, I think, would probably actually support the Skulls behavior. Those two are pretty damn evil, and I'd bet Apocalypse would probably see something like the holocaust as advancing his own "only the strong survive" philosophy. I'm actually kindof surprised Marvel hasn't addressed that, other then it maybe being to sensitive of a subject.

High Evolutionary my not be as outright evil as some of the others listed (Doom really isn't either though), but he is all about advancing human evolution. Hell, it's even in his name. Plus he's worked with Sinister and Apocalypse in the past.

So, if going with the lineup I posted above, maybe take Magneto out and put Red Skull back in.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#10  Edited By oldnightcrawler

So, if going with the lineup I posted above, maybe take Magneto out and put Red Skull back in.

yeah, you really can't do both on the same team. Why hasn't Magneto killed him yet? Seriously, even besides the obvious being-the-world's-most-terrible-super-nazi stuff, he cut out Xavier's brain to mentally control his already-kind-of-crazy daughter to be a Nazi! Surely that must have made the news?

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tigerkaya

@moonchilde: I guess High Evolutionary can work in the group, he has shown to committing atrocity if it furthers his goal most notably "The Evolutionary War" sending troops to destroy the inhabitants of Subterranea and canceling out The Nexus of All Realities to prevent the pollution of the humanity's genetic stock. I'm surprised by that as well, Marvel is willing to show people being torn apart like a wishbone, brain shot out, limbs sliced off, arrows to the eyes yet Apocalypse making comments about the good of the Holocaust and how it serves the The Survival of the Fittest is bad? Marvel logic! I could see Skull and Apocalypse having a common interest together along with Sinister still criticizing High Evolutionary still seeing him as a student.

@oldnightcrawler: Same reason I ask why Magneto and Namor didn't decapitate Doctor Nemesis. The guy was practically on the X-men yet neither two didn't go for the kill. If not them surely Human Torch.

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

good list i would probably agree

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By tigerkaya

@sc said:

• Civil War Iron Man
  • Superior Spider-man
  • AVX Cyclops
  • Magneto
  • AoU Vision
  • Ultron
  • Ultron's father Hank Pym
  • Zombie Xavier Protocols 2.0 Xavier
  • Black Panther who still doesn't want to share cure with cancer.
  • AVX Captain America
  • Siege Volstagg

Pretty scary formidable, don't worry though, Wolverine will snikt em in their time hole.

Not a fan of Super heroes going evil. Its always done over the top and requiring the writers to ignore the character traits, I'm pretty sure Wolverine would just get crucified.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#14 SC  Moderator

@tigerkaya: Oh, I am just taking the mickey - my bad.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I was thinking:

Dr. Doom

Klaw

Wizard

Apocalypse

The Leader

Baron Mordo

Ultron

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joeagentofhand1:

I was thinking:

Dr. Doom

Klaw

Wizard

Apocalypse

The Leader

Baron Mordo

Ultron

Unique choices, Wizard's characterization from Hickman's run right? Didn't expect Klaw usually I see him more to playing the grunt villain in groups. Whats his role the group?

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

@tigerkaya: Klaw is actually a genius. With prep he and solar were giving the Avengers trouble. He also soloed the Thunderbolts with one shot. He just serves as another genius(kind of like how the Light had some members who were not necessary)