Marvel vs DC with a twist (Mark 2)

Avatar image for marvel_dc_heroes_villains
marvel_dc_heroes_villains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, last time I did this, people seemed to enjoy it. My idea is to put in Marvel vs DC questions that are a bit different to the usual fare, and not being battles they shouldn't devolve into any flame wars. Anyway, here goes;

1: Would you rather be the best friend of Bruce Wayne or Peter Parker?

2: At your graduation ceremony, you can have Superman or Captain America give your congratulation speech. Who do you choose?

3: Who would you join the army of - DC's Olympus (serving under Zeus, with Wonder Woman as your regiment commander) or Marvel's Asgard (serving under Odin, with Thor as your regiment commander)?

4: Would you rather take care of a drunk Wolverine or a drunk Nightwing for an evening? (Wolverine's healing factor is gone for a night, so no quick sobering up)

5: Would you rather have Alfred or Professor X as your godfather?

6: You have been entered into the Hunger Games and you show great promise in training. Bane and Kraven have also been entered into the tournament. Both want to team up with you (this year's competition is allowed two winners, so no awkwardness about who kills who at the end). Bearing in mind that the one you reject will have a vendetta against you, who do you side with?

7: You are the leader of a resistance cell against Lex Luthor and the Red Skull, who have joined forces and conquered the earth. There is an uprising planned that wants to simultaneously kill both, but they are in different locations. Which assassination attempt would you choose to lead? Red Skull would probably be easier, but Luthor has more dictatorial power, so there's more glory in his death.

8: You are taking a psychology class and for one day you get to go to a super-asylum (which is 100% secure, no chance of danger). Who do you choose to interview - the Joker or Norman Osborn (in his Green Goblin mindset)?

9: Would you rather have a Green Lantern Ring for a month or Iron Man's most advanced armour for three months?

10: If you are into women, would you rather be dating Batgirl (New 52 Barbara Gordon) or X-23? If you are into men, would you rather be dating Tim Drake (as Red Robin) or Flash Thompson (as Agent Venom)?

11: Would you rather be a citizen of Metropolis or Marvel Manhattan?

12: Who would you rather be drinking buddies (or just friends, for all you non-alcoholics) with - Blade or John Constantine?

13: Doctor Fate is running a night class on ancient history and its myths and legends, but it clashes with Doctor Strange's class on magical medicines and other forms of healing. Which do you attend?

14: Who do you think would have the better guided tour of space - Adam Strange or Star Lord?

15: Would you rather have an hour's conversation with Uatu the Watcher or Morpheus (Dream of the Endless)?

If you could elaborate on your answers, that'd be pretty swell.

Avatar image for marvel_dc_heroes_villains
marvel_dc_heroes_villains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come on guys, I put a lot of effort into this

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By BatWatch

Ah, I was going to skip it too. I think the issue is it's too long, but I feel ya for putting something together that got ignored, so I'll bite. My suggestion would be to break it up into no longer than five questions though if you want it to get some attention.

1. This is a tough one. I love Batman but he's kind of a douche. On the other hand, he's a rich douche. Peter would be your best pal, but you wouldn't get any money from him and he's kind of whiny. I think I'd go with Peter because almost all of Bruce's non-superhero friends end up dead. Peter actually has quite a few friends among the land of the living.

2. I've never been much of a Captain America fan. Also, he seems to have some left leaning politics from how his fans describe him, and I'm not interested if that's correct. I like Supes even if I'm not a huge fan, so let's hear a speech on the Man of Steel.

3. Both Wonder Woman and Thor would make for good commanders. Wonder Woman would probably be the more prudent of the two. It seems the armies would actually be the more important factor, but without knowing enough of either faction, I'd go with the Olympians.

4. At first I thought this was a tough call since Wolvie would probably be a party animal who just wants to live it up whereas my fear with Dick would be that he'd try something crazy and get himself killed. Then I realized that Wolverine could easily slice me in half in his drunken stupor, and therefore, Dick is the obvious choice.

5. Alfred all the way. He's a wise father who empowers without being too terribly indulgent. Professor X might be wise, but who wants a dad who can read your mind at any moment? No thanks!

6. Hmmm. I'm not an expert on Kraven though I understand he's pretty amazing. I know Bane can cut it in that environment, but he'd be without any gadgetry. Unless I'm mistaken, I think Kraven is especially skilled at hunting and trapping in the wild which seems perfect for the Hunger Games, so I think I'm going to go with him.

7. There's not enough info to really make an informed choice. I don't care about glory. I suppose I would go after Luthor since I'm apparently the leader of the resistance and therefore would probably do the most good going after the biggest threat.

8. The Joker, obviously. I don't see what Osborn could begin to offer psychologically which Joker doesn't have in spades.

9. At first I was drawn to the Green Lantern ring because of the increased power. Go big or go home. Then I remembered that you really need to hone your skill with that tool. Losing your concentration while maintaining a field could lead to a quick death if you only had rudimentary skill. Iron Man's suit could probably do everything by voice command, and there are not many things in existence that could stop it. The ring would be overkill. Go for the suit.

10. I guess X-23. I know nothing about her other than that she is somehow related to Wolverine, but I don't like Barbara in the New 52. Too whiny and drawn to losers. I'll take my chances with the unknown. I'm actually such a big pre-52 Tim Drake fan that I'm tempted to date him just to hang out, but I think the physical stuff might present a problem for me, so no dice!

11. Metropolis. Superman keeps that place spic and span. Sure, an earth shattering threat pops up every month, but you get the same thing in the Big Apple with more villains and less effective heroes.

12. Hmm. So many unknowns in this situation. Regarding Blade, is he drinking people? That might change the situation a bit. I guess that doesn't matter because I don't drink. My problem here is I don't know either character well. I'm pretty much just drawing from the movies and what I've heard. Blade doesn't seem like a fun person to hang around. Constantine seems more fun and certainly more interesting, but he's also known to manipulate people constantly from what I've heard, and I hate that. Then, you have to wonder who would be going after you by virtue of association. Vampires vs. demons? Pretty horrible either way. I guess I'd go for Blade just because I feel I could count on him a little more than Constantine.

13. I've never seen anything on Strange that made him interesting to me, so for personality, I'd choose Fate, but since Fate is only teaching mythology and history, I've got to go with Strange. Who would turn down the chance to learn ways to mystically heal yourself? It's clearly the better choice.

14. Here is another, "I know almost nothing about these characters" moment for me. I've seen Adam Strange around in many comics, but I can't say I've ever really got him. I've never seen him act in an interesting way. On the other hand, my only experience with Star Lord is from the Guardians of the Galaxy trailer, so I go with Star Lord because I know that guy is going to give an interesting tour.

15. I know I lose major, major comic nerd points for this, but I've never read Sandman...at all. It's one I plan to get to some day, but I haven't been there yet. With that in mind, I have the complete unknown vs. Uatu...assuming he's even still alive. Isn't he supposed to get whacked soon? Anyway, I don't know much about the Watcher, but I've encountered him enough to know he'd have some interesting stories to share.

Interesting questions. Too many of them, but they're interesting.

MannEffest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By MannEffest
  1. Peter Parker. He seems like a fun guy! Although when he's possessed by the mind of Otto then I'll pass on his friendship...
  2. Captain America, I mean, can you imagine how inspirational his speech would be!
  3. Pffft… Asgard and no contest.
  4. Nightwing, because he probably won't kill me accidentally.
  5. Professer X. Even if I couldn't tell him something, he would automatically know what it was thanks to his telepathy, and being the wise man he is, help me out.
  6. Tough, but I might have to pick Bane just because I might be able to keep up with him. Kraven might be able to run faster and use his environments to his advantage, however with me and Bane combined, we could outwit the Mighty Hunter.
  7. Luthor. Because, who knows how conniving he would be without someone to share the power with, I mean, compared to the Red Skull, have you seen Luthor's ego?
  8. Norman Osborn, because even though the Joker would be cool, I'm not sure how much is going on inside his head, or even if I want to know. Osborn on the other hand, seems to have a better grip on reality and seems to be more of a tactician.
  9. Green Lantern Ring!!!! Two words. Giant. Hammer.
  10. Gahh, this is tough. X-23 would have a lot more baggage, being more dark and mysterious… But I think I would give this one to Batgirl because, even though she has been through hell and back, she is a family girl and loves life.
  11. Marvel Manhattan has more heroes… so Manhattan.
  12. Constantine, man! Blade would be too dull. Although Constantine might stab me in the back, there would never be a strange moment with him.
  13. I love both Doctors, however Dr. Strange's class seems more enjoyable.
  14. Star-Lord, because he would have a terrible pun every few minutes as we passed another planet, and I would sadly laugh at a lot of them.
  15. Uatu… because he sees everything.
FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, last time I did this, people seemed to enjoy it. My idea is to put in Marvel vs DC questions that are a bit different to the usual fare, and not being battles they shouldn't devolve into any flame wars. Anyway, here goes;

1: Would you rather be the best friend of Bruce Wayne or Peter Parker? Peter Parker, just overall would be more fun to be around.

2: At your graduation ceremony, you can have Superman or Captain America give your congratulation speech. Who do you choose? Captain America, not only because he's awesome but because I'm not fond of Supes.

3: Who would you join the army of - DC's Olympus (serving under Zeus, with Wonder Woman as your regiment commander) or Marvel's Asgard (serving under Odin, with Thor as your regiment commander)? Asgard the warriors 3 would make it a blast.

4: Would you rather take care of a drunk Wolverine or a drunk Nightwing for an evening? (Wolverine's healing factor is gone for a night, so no quick sobering up) Wolverine because if I accidentally got him hurt he'll heal by morning so he wouldn't be angry

5: Would you rather have Alfred or Professor X as your godfather? Professor X, Alfred's awesome but he doesn't read minds.

6: You have been entered into the Hunger Games and you show great promise in training. Bane and Kraven have also been entered into the tournament. Both want to team up with you (this year's competition is allowed two winners, so no awkwardness about who kills who at the end). Bearing in mind that the one you reject will have a vendetta against you, who do you side with? Depends on the location, but I'd probably go Kraven he's a hunter after all.

7: You are the leader of a resistance cell against Lex Luthor and the Red Skull, who have joined forces and conquered the earth. There is an uprising planned that wants to simultaneously kill both, but they are in different locations. Which assassination attempt would you choose to lead? Red Skull would probably be easier, but Luthor has more dictatorial power, so there's more glory in his death. I don't know, I feel both would be suicide for me.

8: You are taking a psychology class and for one day you get to go to a super-asylum (which is 100% secure, no chance of danger). Who do you choose to interview - the Joker or Norman Osborn (in his Green Goblin mindset)? Joker, it would be more interesting I imagine.

9: Would you rather have a Green Lantern Ring for a month or Iron Man's most advanced armour for three months? I'd have to go with the armor just because I get more time with it.

10: If you are into women, would you rather be dating Batgirl (New 52 Barbara Gordon) or X-23? If you are into men, would you rather be dating Tim Drake (as Red Robin) or Flash Thompson (as Agent Venom)? Batgirl

11: Would you rather be a citizen of Metropolis or Marvel Manhattan? Manhattan, you'd see a lot more superheroes.

12: Who would you rather be drinking buddies (or just friends, for all you non-alcoholics) with - Blade or John Constantine? JC

13: Doctor Fate is running a night class on ancient history and its myths and legends, but it clashes with Doctor Strange's class on magical medicines and other forms of healing. Which do you attend? Doctor Strange I like him more, plus his subject seems more appealing.

14: Who do you think would have the better guided tour of space - Adam Strange or Star Lord? Star Lord

15: Would you rather have an hour's conversation with Uatu the Watcher or Morpheus (Dream of the Endless)? The Watcher, that guy's seen a lot of shit.

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Nerd Of A Hero

@marvel_dc_heroes_villains said:

1: Would you rather be the best friend of Bruce Wayne or Peter Parker?

2: At your graduation ceremony, you can have Superman or Captain America give your congratulation speech. Who do you choose?

3: Who would you join the army of - DC's Olympus (serving under Zeus, with Wonder Woman as your regiment commander) or Marvel's Asgard (serving under Odin, with Thor as your regiment commander)?

4: Would you rather take care of a drunk Wolverine or a drunk Nightwing for an evening? (Wolverine's healing factor is gone for a night, so no quick sobering up)

5: Would you rather have Alfred or Professor X as your godfather?

6: You have been entered into the Hunger Games and you show great promise in training. Bane and Kraven have also been entered into the tournament. Both want to team up with you (this year's competition is allowed two winners, so no awkwardness about who kills who at the end). Bearing in mind that the one you reject will have a vendetta against you, who do you side with?

7: You are the leader of a resistance cell against Lex Luthor and the Red Skull, who have joined forces and conquered the earth. There is an uprising planned that wants to simultaneously kill both, but they are in different locations. Which assassination attempt would you choose to lead? Red Skull would probably be easier, but Luthor has more dictatorial power, so there's more glory in his death.

8: You are taking a psychology class and for one day you get to go to a super-asylum (which is 100% secure, no chance of danger). Who do you choose to interview - the Joker or Norman Osborn (in his Green Goblin mindset)?

9: Would you rather have a Green Lantern Ring for a month or Iron Man's most advanced armour for three months?

10: If you are into women, would you rather be dating Batgirl (New 52 Barbara Gordon) or X-23? If you are into men, would you rather be dating Tim Drake (as Red Robin) or Flash Thompson (as Agent Venom)?

11: Would you rather be a citizen of Metropolis or Marvel Manhattan?

12: Who would you rather be drinking buddies (or just friends, for all you non-alcoholics) with - Blade or John Constantine?

13: Doctor Fate is running a night class on ancient history and its myths and legends, but it clashes with Doctor Strange's class on magical medicines and other forms of healing. Which do you attend?

14: Who do you think would have the better guided tour of space - Adam Strange or Star Lord?

15: Would you rather have an hour's conversation with Uatu the Watcher or Morpheus (Dream of the Endless)?

1. I pick Peter Parker because he's the sort of guy you can depend on and relate to when it comes to life situations, and the fact that teaming up with a wise guy would bring great substance with my serious and down to earth personality if we go crime fighting. Bruce is good at what he does but he's to authoritative and everything that I would try doing would be overshadowed by his awesomeness. I would rather have him at a distance and think to myself "Geez, I wish I can be friends with Bruce Wayne, just think of the possibilities it would bring" and never have my dream happen. Then there's the part of him being a superhero...wait, WHAT?

2. Superman all the way. Did you see him at the Whiz Kids comics where he had to ask those kids how to stop that tornado from destroying the city just by using mathematics alone? Gosh, that was awesome. I can't wait for him to be in the graduation ceremony. Cap' is great and all but I was never his fan and he be more fitting teaching in a history class or graduating soldiers that fought and returned from a war in my opinion.

3. Sorry Thor, but you got nothin' onWonder Woman. Not only does she have better training and leadership, she's the hottest gal you'd ever lay your eyes on, and I would die protecting her.

4. I'd be more comfortable carrying out Nightwing and taking him home than I will with Wolverine. Like Peter, Dick is a guy I can see myself hang out with and could reward me for helping him out. Wolverine would lay on me due to him being a lot heavier and might kill me with his claws thinking I'm some low-life villain, then wake up the next morning realizing what happen and blame himself for his actions -- like what he did in Old Man Logan. Sooooo yeah, Nightwing.

5. I like Alfred and would be honored to have him as my godfather; he's sweet, kind, wise, dependable, capable of medical treatment and assistance on work, plus he's the kind of man to speak his mind with reason at the right time. Professor X is fine for teaching you how to control your powers and all but I'd be more concerned that he'll use his powers for his benefits without me noticing and might have me do things that I won't be comfortable of doing, like say "fight those mutants over there so that you can protect the people that hate, fear and despise you".

6. I'll go with Bane. Just to make the fight be more of a challenge when me and him go up against Kraven.

7. I'd go after Red Skull, break his jaw and end his agonizing pain with a nice head shot. Lex Luthor is just to darn smart to fall for such tactics and might blow up the planet just to be an arrogant jerk.

8. Joker of course, it makes more sense that way. Actually, it would be weird for joker to give a class, I wonder how that would turn out? I'm just curious to know. Osborn might bore or annoy me.

9. Green Lantern Ring for a month, since I can just will a construct advanced Armor and fly around the galaxy all I want.

10. I'd go with Batgirl; she's smart, knows people in the superhero community, can hold her own, and I'd definitely make love with a outstanding red head like her. If I try to do the same with an distress X-23, she'll worn me out much sooner before she gets started and might cut my balls off if I didn't keep up with her 'aggressive 8 hour marathon' in bed lol.

11. I'm used being around in NYC so I'll stick with what I'm familiar with, hence Marvel's Manhattan.

12. Really don't care that much for neither but I'll stick with John Constantine just to see what he can do with his magic while having a good laugh.

13. Doctor Strange. I can do a lot with magical medicines and healing if I decide to become a Doctor.

14. Adam Strange I guess. Star Lord might get me into things I wouldn't want to be in and might get killed doing so.

15. Uatu The Watcher . So much knowledge and abilities he possesses, questions that I have I would like for him to answer, watching the universe from all around and exploring events as he discuss as to who or what is happening. I don't know much of Morpheus but from what I can gather he seems to be more of a downer. Not cool.