• 64 results
#51 Posted by Lustwish (531 posts) - - Show Bio

either way, id buy it!

#52 Posted by Over_kill (2715 posts) - - Show Bio
@Adnan said:
" @Over_kill said:
"

@Jnr6Lil:
Why not?  If a character can fly you dont want them to get screwed on that like they would in arcade style fighting games.  Dissidia allows air combat and ways to use powers. 

"
I like this idea. The arena's would be nice an open, allowing characters like Superman and Iron Man to fly somewhat freely. But then how would they balance that with characters focusing on close-combat? (e.g. Wolverin, Bane, etc.) Unless everyone has a huge air dash like in Dissidia, flight would have to be limited in some way, no? "

Flight would most likely be limited somehow.  Not to mention certain close quarters people could have certain methods of long range.  Ex:  Bane chucking rocks. 
#53 Posted by ValendianKnight (297 posts) - - Show Bio
@Over_kill said:
"

Another good type of versus fighting would be like Final Fantasy Dissidia

"
Well, I like the concept of the game, as the arenas would give more room for someone like Superman to really shine. As long as it doesn't actually play like Dissidia of course, since that game was mediocre at best.
#54 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Fatalities that don't suck. All I ask for.

#55 Posted by Over_kill (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@ValendianKnight said:

" @Over_kill said:
"

"
Well, I like the concept of the game, as the arenas would give more room for someone like Superman to really shine. As long as it doesn't actually play like Dissidia of course, since that game was mediocre at best. "

I didn't have a problem with it.  Sure it wasn't amazing but it was pretty good.  But the style would fit Marvel vs DC well giving potential for superheroes to do their best.  Not just forward, backward, jump, punches and kicks, lame special attacks, and the occasional sidestep. 
#56 Edited by ValendianKnight (297 posts) - - Show Bio
@Over_kill: @Over_kill said:

"

@ValendianKnight said:

" @Over_kill said:
"

"
Well, I like the concept of the game, as the arenas would give more room for someone like Superman to really shine. As long as it doesn't actually play like Dissidia of course, since that game was mediocre at best. "

I didn't have a problem with it.  Sure it wasn't amazing but it was pretty good.  But the style would fit Marvel vs DC well giving potential for superheroes to do their best.  Not just forward, backward, jump, punches and kicks, lame special attacks, and the occasional sidestep.  "
Sure, that may be the case, but it wouldn't end up being a fighter most people would take very seriously(Like a Street Fighrer for example). Dissidia was a masher's game for the most part, so while I like the idea of having large arenas, I'd rather the inspiration come from other games than Dissidia. Maybe something like Power Stone(if anyone is familiar). I still think Capcom has done super heroes in a fighting game the best, because they managed to make all the characters fight exactly as they should(even if it is on a 2D, side to side only fighter), but also made a good fighter on top of that, and I think a balanced, deep fighter with DC/Marvel characters would be A LOT better than some gimmick based fighter with lots of flash, regardless of how open the arenas are.
#57 Posted by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it should be like DC vs Mortal Kombat

#58 Posted by Atlas_Bear (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know why you guys are thinking so small. A Marvel vs. DC game would have to have at least a 100 character roster (that's if we're being conservative). It would also have to be made by Capcom, since any other company would fuck it up. They could just use a modified version of the UMVC3 engine and it would be perfect. If anything they could also include an Asura's Wrath style game on a second disc where you switch between characters and progress through an epic story mode.

#59 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1533 posts) - - Show Bio

They need to make it like the Marvel fighting game that was supposed to come out a few years ago (worked on by EA Chicago I think) it was an open world'ish fighitng game that looked epic, having Marvel and DC characters would be cool... although DC would never let Batman or superman lose so that would kind of kill it :)

#60 Posted by Atlas_Bear (3 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupremeHyperion: EA can't make fighting games though. A couple of years back they did a Marvel vs. "whatever" game. That was sorta like what you're describing and it was horrible. EA just came up with a bunch of lame--I guess you could call em--anti heroes and that shit bombed. I've had this hypothetical game on my mind for a while now and it would have to be Capcom. Those greedy bastards are the only ones who would make such an immense project pay-off for both the fans and the companies.

#61 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell will freeze over twice and still this won't happen

#62 Edited by Atlas_Bear (3 posts) - - Show Bio

@Glitch_Spawn: Yeah not with that attitude. Crazier things have happened man. The weakest and least dominant animal specie climbed to the top of the food chain, took over the world, created music art & science, flew to the moon and invented the internet.

#63 Edited by matanui123 (338 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman vs Wolverine all day everyday!

#64 Edited by The_Titan_Lord (6750 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting.