#51 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

I definitely prefer DC, but I still like Marvel.

#52 Posted by FrankenKong (234 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dex_Starr: Plain and simple I agree and concur with it all. Plus when Marvel got bought by Disney I couldn't help but laugh every time I think about it. Marvel = Disney = Mickey Mouse / DC = Time Warner = Warner Bro. = Bugs Bunny. And we all know who truly wins that fight. XD

#53 Posted by Immortal777 (6956 posts) - - Show Bio

Dudes why the debate everyone knows Image comics are the best.

#54 Posted by FourthDeity (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel has a few of my all time favorite characters that got me into comics in general

But DC has some AWESOME characters

Give it to marvel because without them I wouldn't be here

#55 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dex_Starr said:

@Jorgevy said:

@Dex_Starr: Marvel Ultimate Alliance was a GREAT game. If your opinion is contrary, it's okay, but still, most Marvel fans I know, agree all that it was a great game. Even non marvel fans say that.

Also, just because it's highest rated in Rotten Tomatoes it doesn't mean it's the highest rated overall. There's more than Rotten Tomatoes. There's people too, who are not critics. That's why I said maybe, because in RT, TDK is the highest. Just like I said that it will be soon, or it has actually already been toppled by Avengers in box office gross. My point is not that DC's movies are worst, my point is that DC doesn't "pwn" Marvel AT ALL, in movies. It did, in the 70s,80s, but not anymore. It's not DC's fault, it's WB, but still.....

On topic, I think it's ridiculous to argue which one is better based on opinions of each companies products in different media. And as a fan of both companies, I really feel sad when people can't see that there's good in both, and good in the smaller companies too. We should support them, help them grow and stand tall, taking to account the incoming judgment day of comic books

That's exactly what it means, Rottentomatoes takes everyone's review of the film and compiles a ratio, that's why RT is the best source for finding how good a movie is because it compiles a ratio.

I never said DC pwns Marvel in movies, I stated that DC has the best and highest grossing film and will have it again in July. They do absolutely wreck Marvel in Comics, Animation and Video Games.

Two good video games = absolutely wrecking in video games? Guess Superman 64, that one Aquaman game that G4 actually named their "worst of the year" awards after (the Golden Mullet Award), and honestly every single DC game other then the two Arkham games ever don't count in the tally then?

And the only thing that DC is actually better in is animation.

#56 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

DC. I find Marvel to be weird.

LOL

#57 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel pisses me off more than DC does.

#58 Edited by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moonchilde said:

@Dex_Starr said:

@Jorgevy said:

@Dex_Starr: Marvel Ultimate Alliance was a GREAT game. If your opinion is contrary, it's okay, but still, most Marvel fans I know, agree all that it was a great game. Even non marvel fans say that.

Also, just because it's highest rated in Rotten Tomatoes it doesn't mean it's the highest rated overall. There's more than Rotten Tomatoes. There's people too, who are not critics. That's why I said maybe, because in RT, TDK is the highest. Just like I said that it will be soon, or it has actually already been toppled by Avengers in box office gross. My point is not that DC's movies are worst, my point is that DC doesn't "pwn" Marvel AT ALL, in movies. It did, in the 70s,80s, but not anymore. It's not DC's fault, it's WB, but still.....

On topic, I think it's ridiculous to argue which one is better based on opinions of each companies products in different media. And as a fan of both companies, I really feel sad when people can't see that there's good in both, and good in the smaller companies too. We should support them, help them grow and stand tall, taking to account the incoming judgment day of comic books

That's exactly what it means, Rottentomatoes takes everyone's review of the film and compiles a ratio, that's why RT is the best source for finding how good a movie is because it compiles a ratio.

I never said DC pwns Marvel in movies, I stated that DC has the best and highest grossing film and will have it again in July. They do absolutely wreck Marvel in Comics, Animation and Video Games.

Two good video games = absolutely wrecking in video games? Guess Superman 64, that one Aquaman game that G4 actually named their "worst of the year" awards after (the Golden Mullet Award), and honestly every single DC game other then the two Arkham games ever don't count in the tally then?

2 amazing video games>>10 mediocre video games. Doesn't matter how you try to rationalize it, until Marvel makes a game that's anywhere near the level of the Arkham games, then Marvel isn't on DC's level when it comes to video games.

DC has won more than 3x as many Eisner awards than Marvel has, even Dc's Imprint Vertigo has won then Marvel has.

The only thing Marvel has is live movies and none of their films have the same acclaim and gross as TDK. The only reason why Marvel has an advantage is because they whore out their franchises to movies, that's why half of Marvel's movies have been bad ei Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Wolverine, Elektra, Fantastic Four, X3.

I don't have to comment on animation since you pretty much agree with me. DC absolutely wrecks them in animation also.

DC has Marvel beat in 3 different forms of media, Marvel only has the advantage in one form of media,.

#59 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just glad i made a thread people like discussing on :3

#60 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dex_Starr said:

@Moonchilde said:

@Dex_Starr said:

@Jorgevy said:

2 amazing video games>>10 mediocre video games. Doesn't matter how you try to rationalize it, until Marvel makes a game that's anywhere near the level of the Arkham games, then Marvel isn't on DC's level when it comes to video games.

DC has won more than 3x as many Eisner awards than Marvel has, even Dc's Imprint Vertigo has won then Marvel has.

The only thing Marvel has is live movies and none of their films have the same acclaim and gross as TDK. The only reason why Marvel has an advantage is because they whore out their franchises to movies, that's why half of Marvel's movies have been bad ei Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Wolverine, Elektra, Fantastic Four, X3.

I don't have to comment on animation since you pretty much agree with me. DC absolutely wrecks them in animation also.

DC has Marvel beat in 3 different forms of media, Marvel only has the advantage in one form of media,.

You're right. They have won more Eisner awards. And almost all of them are either for something Batman related, or something vertigo or non-cannon (like Watchmen, Sandman, American Vampire, etc.)

That coupled with both your movie/video game logic only supports the idea that several people in this thread have already stated. That Batman is awesome, but the rest of DC not so much. Until DC can make a video game with Superman, Green Lantern, Flash, anyone other then Batman that's as good as Arkham City or even the average Spider-Man game; then as far as most people are concerned, Batman is all they really have to offer, and Marvel will remain ahead.

Same thing with movies. Yes the Nolan Batman movies are awesome, but until they can make a Superman movie that doesn't suck and a Wonder Woman movie even off the ground they will forever be behind in that area. So basically DC has Batman, Marvel everything else.

Overall I would call comics a tie. Animation for DC. Movies and games for Marvel.

#61 Posted by Saren (25326 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moonchilde said:

or something vertigo or non-cannon (like Watchmen, Sandman, American Vampire, etc.)

Sandman is canon. Sandman has always been canon to the mainstream DC universe. The Endless have made appearances in titles like JLA, Action Comics, JSA, Madame Xanadu, and so on.

#62 Posted by The Stegman (23188 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jay_Ray:  

I only like Batman in DC but I like practically everyone in Marvel.

I kinda feel the opposite, I only like Spider-Man in Marvel, but I like practically everyone in DC 

On a different note, it's good to see a Marvel vs DC debate that doesn't turn into a flame war after page two, this is nice.
#63 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

I know it's cannon. I have every single issue of Sandman. But it IS Vertigo. I said Vertigo or non-cannon. Vertigo has always been where DC publishes their more "adult" stories, cannon or not.

#64 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to put my two cents in. I started out as a Marvel fanboy. Spidey all the way. Then, I saw The Dark Knight, and i started reading some DC. BLEW MY MIND. I'm a fan of every DC character (Except Superman), and i might be called a "Batman Fanboy" because, well i generally think he could beat anybody except Dr. Manhattan and God. That being said, marvel has its moments. I enjoy Iron Man and Thor, although i must say Spidey seems like a crybaby. "Oh no, I have superpowers, I'm going to go be all anxiety about it"

#65 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moonchilde said:

@Dex_Starr said:

@Moonchilde said:

@Dex_Starr said:

@Jorgevy said:

You're right. They have won more Eisner awards. And almost all of them are either for something Batman related, or something vertigo or non-cannon (like Watchmen, Sandman, American Vampire, etc.)

That coupled with both your movie/video game logic only supports the idea that several people in this thread have already stated. That Batman is awesome, but the rest of DC not so much. Until DC can make a video game with Superman, Green Lantern, Flash, anyone other then Batman that's as good as Arkham City or even the average Spider-Man game; then as far as most people are concerned, Batman is all they really have to offer, and Marvel will remain ahead.

Same thing with movies. Yes the Nolan Batman movies are awesome, but until they can make a Superman movie that doesn't suck and a Wonder Woman movie even off the ground they will forever be behind in that area. So basically DC has Batman, Marvel everything else.

Overall I would call comics a tie. Animation for DC. Movies and games for Marvel.

You're just making excuses. Batman, All Star Superman, Spirit, Justice League, American Vampire etc...what does it matter if their non canon or not? Does that degrade the quality of the book? That's the dumbest thing I've heard so much.

Like I said before, even if Superman, Green Lantern and Flash all had mediocre video games, they'd still be better than Marvel because Marvel doesn't have a single good video game except for a few decent one's that came 6 or 7 years ago on the PS2.

So again, 2 amazing video games>>>10 mediocre Marvel video games

I've already given the advantage to Marvel in films. Marvel doesn't have everything else though, they have some good movies and they have some horrible one's such as Ghost Rider and Wolverine.

They aren't even in comics, when Marvel wins as many Eisner's as DC then they might be even. They aren't even in video games, one Marvel has video games that are not only the best comic games but the best games in general then they might be on par with DC.

DC has better games, comics and animation, that is a FACT. All you're doing is rationalizing Marvel's epic failures to produce quality in other forms of media.

#66 Posted by The Stegman (23188 posts) - - Show Bio
@Moonchilde: Still though, Vertigo and Wildstorm are imprints of DC, they still count as DC properties.
#67 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moonchilde said:

I know it's cannon. I have every single issue of Sandman. But it IS Vertigo. I said Vertigo or non-cannon. Vertigo has always been where DC publishes their more "adult" stories, cannon or not.

Doesn't matter if it's canon or not, it's part of DC

Oh and another fun fact

Contrary to popular belief, DC actually has a better ratio of good movies than Marvel does relative to the number of films they've released. And by good movies I'm talking about any film that has at least a 60% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes. I actually looked into this and since 2000, 58% of the movies from DC have met that standard, where only 46% of the films by Marvel have met it. So even though Marvel has alot of good films, they also have alot of bad one's. On top of DK being the best superhero film.

This ratio went up with the Avengers but it still doesn't match DC's ratio. So I guess DC pwns Marvel in live film also.

#68 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dex_Starr said:

@Moonchilde said:

@Dex_Starr said:

@Moonchilde said:

@Dex_Starr said:

@Jorgevy said:

You're just making excuses. Batman, All Star Superman, Spirit, Justice League, American Vampire etc...what does it matter if their non canon or not? Does that degrade the quality of the book? That's the dumbest thing I've heard so much.

Like I said before, even if Superman, Green Lantern and Flash all had mediocre video games, they'd still be better than Marvel because Marvel doesn't have a single good video game except for a few decent one's that came 6 or 7 years ago on the PS2.

So again, 2 amazing video games>>>10 mediocre Marvel video games

I've already given the advantage to Marvel in films. Marvel doesn't have everything else though, they have some good movies and they have some horrible one's such as Ghost Rider and Wolverine.

They aren't even in comics, when Marvel wins as many Eisner's as DC then they might be even. They aren't even in video games, one Marvel has video games that are not only the best comic games but the best games in general then they might be on par with DC.

DC has better games, comics and animation, that is a FACT. All you're doing is rationalizing Marvel's epic failures to produce quality in other forms of media.

I'm not going to continue to talk to someone that tries to claim opinion as "FACT."

You have your opinion, and I have mine, best to leave it at that.

#69 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moonchilde:You have your opinion, and your opinion is wrong and based off of nothing. You simply prefer inferior quality products.

#70 Posted by TifaLockhart (14043 posts) - - Show Bio

What? DC doesn't have villains that literally never lose, supposedly "unbreakable" things that are stronger than other "unbreakable" things, artifacts that grant "omnipotence" and more "omnipotence", or really, really overpowered mutants. Or the Hulk.

The OP asked point blank which I prefer, and I stated my opinion. If you disagree with it, you're more than entitled to your own opinion.

#71 Posted by Blacklightning13 (916 posts) - - Show Bio

Both are good. I find both to be also incredibly stupid at times so you know.

My favourite characters are:

Nightwing He's like batman but with all the logical stuff kept in.

Taskmaster. Creative powers, good character.

Prometheus. He's like batman but uses his tech logically and is just as well prepared for his enemies as his allies.

Batman. Amazing character, brilliant design but is sometimes stupid.

GL. All of them are good, great idea and powers.

Thor. A great idea, a little over powered but doesn't have flag ship status so he can still lose to people better then himself.

Martian Manhunter. A great character design, brilliant back story but he's under used.

My least favourite:

Captain America, Just boring, nothing inventive about him, has partial flagship status so can just beat anyone even when much above his skill and power set. Like the Hulk.

Iron man. His technology is too good, he has the technology to have a super suit capable of destroying an army hidden inside his body but a highly advanced secret organization can't work out how to put metal on a person's skeleton, which we can do today to some degree.

Superman. He's lame. He has mega mega huge flag ship status. He has beaten people many times more powerful then him.

Joker. Good in movie not in other things. Some of his modern appearances are good but his old is bad. He is completely in-original. In the beginning he was original but crap. Now he's alright and completely in-original.

So for me it depends on the character. But I think I like DC a little better.

#72 Posted by aeilspear (5 posts) - - Show Bio

DC will always be in my heart.

#73 Posted by Butcher_Pete (259 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dex_Starr: So essentially you're crediting DC as being a better company because of one character keeping their franchise afloat in all areas... good stuff. Their ONLY good movies are Batman movies. Their ONLY good video games are Batman video games. That's all DC has, one fantastic character, almost all the rest are lame and overpowered.

As for Marvel producing bad movies... even the worst one was at least 3 times more enjoyable than the Superman Returns movie.

I much prefer Marvel over DC, even though Batman is my favourite comic character.

#74 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@Butcher_Pete said:

@Dex_Starr: So essentially you're crediting DC as being a better company because of one character keeping their franchise afloat in all areas...

Oh look, another user making excuses for Marvel's failure to branch out into other forms of media, lets take a look

@Butcher_Pete said:

Their ONLY good movies are Batman movies.

Superman Returns, Red, Watchmen

@Butcher_Pete said:

Their ONLY good video games are Batman video games.

And Marvel's only good video game is...oh wait...THEY DON'T HAVE...you keep saying how Batman is the only good DC video game, I'd rather play 2 amazing titles then 20 mediocre and crap titles, have fun with Edge of Time and Xmen Destiny

@Butcher_Pete said:

That's all DC has, one fantastic character, almost all the rest are lame and overpowered

Which proves that you don't even read DC, if they only had one fantastic character they wouldn't have won 3x as many Eisner awards as Marvel, and no, Batman didn't win most of them.

@Butcher_Pete said:

As for Marvel producing bad movies... even the worst one was at least 3 times more enjoyable than the Superman Returns movie.

Uh try again, Superman Returns has a 76% fresh rating on Rottentomatoes, which is higher than Iron Man 2 and the majority of Marvel's films including both Ghost Riders, both Fantastic Four's, Elektra, Daredevil and others.

@Butcher_Pete said:

I much prefer Marvel over DC, even though Batman is my favourite comic character.

Which means you prefer inferior quality products, because Marvel is all about inferior quality. Even their current event has been mediocre so far.

#75 Posted by jritter (51 posts) - - Show Bio

My breakdown is as follows:

Best Overall Character - Batman (1 point DC) None of marvel's characters come close to Bats in my eyes. I love his back story and his overall presentation. The way the character is written is superb and I actually care what happens to him. Plus some of the best villains in any comic, many of which are just superior to Batman in one aspect or another, but force him to use another part of his extensive tool box of skills and tech to overcome.

Worst Overall Character - Superman - I seriously despise Superman and the utter lack of creativity (opinion). I would like the character much more if he wasn't so overpowered... maybe introduce a serious weakness since it seems like kryptonite isn't really what it used to be.

Best Games - Tie. I really only say this because of Arkham Asylum/City. Marvel's had many more good games on this generations hardware ie Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Wolverine (so good to see a fully powered Logan), Spiderman Edge of Time and Marvel VS Capcom 3 (very subjective... 2 is still far superior). Plus I'd have to add in all the other classics like Hulk, Spiderman 2, even the old arcade X-Men game. and the Spiderman/X-men crossover (am I the only one who absolutely loved it?). DC on the other had has had poor efforts. DC VS MK?? Come on... I'd like to hope that Gotham City Imposters will be good but it's really just team fortress with a Batman skin applied as far as I can tell.

Animation and TV- DC Maybe I'm biased here, but nothing Marvel has put out comes close to Batman: TAS. X-men and Spiderman were good efforts but that was pretty much it for me. I also watched a few seasons of Smallville and I rather enjoyed that despite my overall hate of Superman (I think the having to come to terms with how and proper use of his powers helped significantly).

Movies - Marvel. First off the Dark Knight is still the best comic flick of all time in my opinion. With that said the consistently good flicks (later X-men movies aside) have been much better. Iron man, the Incredible Hulk, Thor, (haven't seen the Avengers yet... work has prevented that), even Captain America have been great. DC on the other hand made Ghost Rider look like a good movie when they made Green Lantern. Watchmen was a good attempt but overall the message and feel behind the comic were lost in translation. Marvel has had it's misses too. Hulk, Elektra, Ghost Rider, Wolverine (unfortunately) and Daredevil were all pretty bad but were definitely made up with their other contributions.

Retcons - I absolutely hate both universes extremely poor retcons. For example, Batman's retcon where Bruce was not really dead but lost in an alternate plane drove me nuts. On the other side of the house, Spiderman's retcon was equally poor. Seriously going to start over and have him learn kung-fu?

Best Overall Universe - Marvel. Maybe it's because I practically grew up on it or maybe I just don't get a lot of the DC universes characters.

#76 Posted by TDK_1997 (14471 posts) - - Show Bio

DC are far more interesting to me than Marvel.DC have better characters and comic book teams and they can develope them in interesting ways.The only thing that Marvel holds for me are their street levelers.

#77 Posted by Saren (25326 posts) - - Show Bio

@jritter said:

For example, Batman's retcon where Bruce was not really dead but lost in an alternate plane drove me nuts.

That was never a retcon. In the issue of Final Crisis RIGHT AFTER Bruce was hit by the Omega Beams, it was made abundantly clear that he was not dead but simply trapped in the past.

#78 Edited by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@jritter said:

My breakdown is as follows:

Best Overall Character - Batman (1 point DC) None of marvel's characters come close to Bats in my eyes. I love his back story and his overall presentation. The way the character is written is superb and I actually care what happens to him. Plus some of the best villains in any comic, many of which are just superior to Batman in one aspect or another, but force him to use another part of his extensive tool box of skills and tech to overcome.

Worst Overall Character - Superman - I seriously despise Superman and the utter lack of creativity (opinion). I would like the character much more if he wasn't so overpowered... maybe introduce a serious weakness since it seems like kryptonite isn't really what it used to be.

Best Games - Tie. I really only say this because of Arkham Asylum/City. Marvel's had many more good games on this generations hardware ie Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Wolverine (so good to see a fully powered Logan), Spiderman Edge of Time and Marvel VS Capcom 3 (very subjective... 2 is still far superior). Plus I'd have to add in all the other classics like Hulk, Spiderman 2, even the old arcade X-Men game. and the Spiderman/X-men crossover (am I the only one who absolutely loved it?). DC on the other had has had poor efforts. DC VS MK?? Come on... I'd like to hope that Gotham City Imposters will be good but it's really just team fortress with a Batman skin applied as far as I can tell.

Animation and TV- DC Maybe I'm biased here, but nothing Marvel has put out comes close to Batman: TAS. X-men and Spiderman were good efforts but that was pretty much it for me. I also watched a few seasons of Smallville and I rather enjoyed that despite my overall hate of Superman (I think the having to come to terms with how and proper use of his powers helped significantly).

Movies - Marvel. First off the Dark Knight is still the best comic flick of all time in my opinion. With that said the consistently good flicks (later X-men movies aside) have been much better. Iron man, the Incredible Hulk, Thor, (haven't seen the Avengers yet... work has prevented that), even Captain America have been great. DC on the other hand made Ghost Rider look like a good movie when they made Green Lantern. Watchmen was a good attempt but overall the message and feel behind the comic were lost in translation. Marvel has had it's misses too. Hulk, Elektra, Ghost Rider, Wolverine (unfortunately) and Daredevil were all pretty bad but were definitely made up with their other contributions.

Retcons - I absolutely hate both universes extremely poor retcons. For example, Batman's retcon where Bruce was not really dead but lost in an alternate plane drove me nuts. On the other side of the house, Spiderman's retcon was equally poor. Seriously going to start over and have him learn kung-fu?

Best Overall Universe - Marvel. Maybe it's because I practically grew up on it or maybe I just don't get a lot of the DC universes characters.

I can't believe you'd bash MK vs DC but praise 2 bigger pieces of $hit like Spiderman Edge of Time and Wolverine...you can't be serious with this..

#79 Posted by Billy Batson (57795 posts) - - Show Bio

Been done multiple times.
DC for me.
BB

#80 Posted by jritter (51 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dex_Starr: I absolutely loved the Wolverine game. The movie was a piece of ish but the game gave you a fully powered Wolverine. Spiderman Edge of Time was not a bad game at all either. I liked the use of the 4 different spidermen and how each had his upsides and downsides... Especially Noir Spiderman. Those were the best parts of the game. MK vs DC cheapened both the DC universe and the MK universe. Comparing it to Marvel VS Capcom it is inferior in every way.

@CitizenBane: Yes I know it's not technically a retcon but I felt cheated at the end. It was simply a cop out.

#81 Posted by Saren (25326 posts) - - Show Bio

@jritter said:

@CitizenBane: Yes I know it's not technically a retcon but I felt cheated at the end. It was simply a cop out.

How can you feel cheated when DC never pretended that it was anything more than time travel? Did you not read the last page of Final Crisis?

#82 Posted by Billy Batson (57795 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dex_Starr said:

Sales? DC has been beating Marvel in sales since September, So what exactly are Marvel slaying them in?

Actually Marvel is beating DC in sales.
BB

#83 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Marvel movies better, in my opinion, X-men, X-2, X-men First Class, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America The First Avenger, Thor, Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Kick Ass, and of course The Avengers

Where as the only D.C. movies I like are Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Watchmen, and Red (soon to be Dark Knight Rises too I hope.)

I love MvC3, and both Ultimate Alliance games, but I'll have to say D.C. has better games thanks to Batman, with the Batman Arkham Asylum was awesome though, I haven't played Arkham City yet but I hear iy's pretty epic.

I've been reading Marvel Comics since I was like five, and I like them over D.C.

So in short I like Marvel more.

#84 Posted by Ludo (57 posts) - - Show Bio

I usually read DC but sometimes i buy Marvel's big events like "Civil War" for example.

#85 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

@Dex_Starr said:

Sales? DC has been beating Marvel in sales since September, So what exactly are Marvel slaying them in?

BB

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2012/2012-04.html

According to this there not. 6 out of the top 10 books are DC, and 2 of the 4 Marvel one's are AvX

#86 Posted by Billy Batson (57795 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dex_Starr said:

@Billy Batson said:

@Dex_Starr said:

BB

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2012/2012-04.html

According to this there not. 6 out of the top 10 books are DC, and 2 of the 4 Marvel one's are AvX

Check the market sales on the left.
BB

#87 Posted by Harddrivexxii (514 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally think neither is better than the other overall - I like a mix of characters.

This is never going to be decided here because of fanboyism.

The characters I like mostly are Iron Man, Batman, Deadpool & Deathstroke. As you can see I like a specific type of character but I'm quite willing to read others for the variety ... I personally find both Spiderman and Superman a bit boring but that's my opinion.

All comics are there to entertain us so we really should choose what we like rather than what company banner is in the top left of the comic books cover ...

#88 Posted by HolySerpent (12463 posts) - - Show Bio

DC for me

#89 Posted by thanobomb1124 (2010 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Marvel and DC

#90 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dex_Starr: wolverine origins the game was pure awesomeness. mk vs dc..... where are the freacking FATALITIES?!?!?!?!

#91 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dex_Starr:

@Moonchilde said:

I'm not going to continue to talk to someone that tries to claim opinion as "FACT."

You have your opinion, and I have mine, best to leave it at that.

@Billy Batson said:

@Dex_Starr said:

BB

All of this, plus the fact that Avengers out grossed TDK, so I dont know if you are saying that DC has the highest grossing based on last month or if you are some kind of psychic and you're predicting that TDKR will topple Avengers.

Im done here. This is the reason I dont like DC vs Marvel threads. It's supposed be the sharing of opinions, because everyone has it's favorite, but then there's always someone who comes here and starts spitting outdated facts and their personal opinion as the sacred truth

I'm out...

#92 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

So, wait. TDK isn't the third-highest grossing film ever anymore?

#93 Posted by Kinasin_ (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

DC.

#94 Edited by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson:If you're talking about market shares, DC only started outselling Marvel in September. Marvel's going to have the highest market share for a while regardless of weather DC outsells them consistently for a while

#95 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dex_Starr: this is really, but really my last response to you. It just did. This weekend it made the best second weekend EVER. go check it out ;)

#96 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy: Nvm, It just got uploaded, don't know why RT stilled stated it was at 800m, my mistake. Still don't agree with the rest of what you stated but you were right about Avengers hitting the 1 billion mark.

#97 Posted by CerberusPrime3k (950 posts) - - Show Bio

Dc totally destroys marvel in the animation department especially their animated movies.

#98 Posted by JediXMan (29666 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

@rdskns4eva: Marvel = Disney

DC = Warner Bros.

Fixed.

#99 Posted by rdskns4eva (200 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dex_Starr said:

@Moonchilde said:

@Dex_Starr said:

@Jorgevy said:

I give Marvel the edge in Video games. They've jsut been better overall. Arkham City is amazing, possibly the best comic book video game ever. But the rest of their games are just horrid. 1 great game doesnt make up for 20 years of garbage.

X-Men arcade was a classic

Spider Man 2 was amazing

Hulk ultimate destruction was amazing

Wolverine was great

The Capcom vs Marvel crossover games are great

Marvel Ultimate Alliance, ultimate Alliance 2, X-Men Legends 1 and 2 were all great.

Outside of Arkham City and Arkham Asylum, what else does DC have? Superman 64? wtf I guess Batman from the Nintendo was decent. But damn, DC can only make decent Batman games? Really?

Marvel has just had more good games under its belt then DC. 1or 2 great game scant make up for 20 years of crap.

#100 Posted by Butcher_Pete (259 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dex_Starr said:

@Butcher_Pete said:

@Dex_Starr: So essentially you're crediting DC as being a better company because of one character keeping their franchise afloat in all areas...

Oh look, another user making excuses for Marvel's failure to branch out into other forms of media, lets take a look

@Dex_Starr said:

@Butcher_Pete said:

@Butcher_Pete said:

@Butcher_Pete said:

And Marvel's only good video game is...oh wait...THEY DON'T HAVE...you keep saying how Batman is the only good DC video game, I'd rather play 2 amazing titles then 20 mediocre and crap titles, have fun with Edge of Time and Xmen Destiny

@Butcher_Pete said:

That's all DC has, one fantastic character, almost all the rest are lame and overpowered

Which proves that you don't even read DC, if they only had one fantastic character they wouldn't have won 3x as many Eisner awards as Marvel, and no, Batman didn't win most of them.

@Butcher_Pete said:

Uh try again, Superman Returns has a 76% fresh rating on Rottentomatoes, which is higher than Iron Man 2 and the majority of Marvel's films including both Ghost Riders, both Fantastic Four's, Elektra, Daredevil and others.

@Butcher_Pete said:

Which means you prefer inferior quality products, because Marvel is all about inferior quality. Even their current event has been mediocre so far.

@Butcher_Pete said:

@Butcher_Pete said:

@Butcher_Pete said:

@Butcher_Pete said:

@Butcher_Pete said:

Again, BATMAN.

Name one DC movie besides Batman, that isn't like putting your genitals on a belt sander... well I guess Watchmen, but that's it. (No idea what Red is)

The fact that Superman Returns has such a high rating on Rotten Tomatoes leaves me flabbergasted and questioning what kind of hallucinogens DC was pumping into the theatres to make to audiences have such a distorted view on what is one of the worst superhero movies ever produced. I've seen Ghost Rider... hated Ghost Rider... yet I would watch it 10 more times before you could convince me to watch Superman Returns again. Hell... I'd rather watch Elektra, which is an atrocious movie. I don't want to even think of how someone could even compare that piece of junk to Iron Man 2.

But, had Superman Returns not had DC's flagship character giving all the his comic fans a rager, and giving all the fans of the old movies an undeserved sense of nostalgia, clouding their judgement, I would imagine a lower rating. But, I guess I'll admit that a large portion of the population is odd enough to actually enjoy such a vomit inducing movie.

But that doesn't matter, the current movies that Marvel is producing are of much better quality then the ones that they had been releasing previously, with the probable exception of the upcoming Ghost Rider 2 movie. Thor, Captain America, The Hulk, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, and especially the Avengers, are all good movies that got good reviews. Cant say the same for the unfortunate attempts at Green Lantern and Jonah Hex.

As for the games... yeah, I'd rather play the Batman: Arkham Asylum and City games too, but aside from that... nothing going for DC. Though at the same time, very little going for Marvel as well.

DC wins the animation category, that's for sure.

It's just personal preference for me, because I genuinely don't like the majority of characters in DC comics that much, though I haven't minded the comics themselves. Whereas I like a lot of Marvel characters and the comics they're a part of.

But, like I said... you're crediting DC with the achievements of one character. Batman>Marvel>DC. Batman alone isn't enough for me to consider DC to be the better company.