#1 Posted by Bucco3 (108 posts) - - Show Bio

Which do you like better

#2 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3863 posts) - - Show Bio

this question once again..................................I think the general consensus is that they are both good. I do really enjoy reading both. I do tend to lean towards Marvel but my favorite hero is from DC. So if I was asked to choose reading one company over the other, I can't.

#3 Edited by Wolverine08 (45540 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel. I like their more flawed heroes and I generally favor street levelers and Marvel has the best street level heroes in comics.

#4 Posted by EnigmaLantern (763 posts) - - Show Bio

I swear I've seen this question pop up on the forums about three times in the past month, unless I'm mistaken. Anywho, on to the question, for me there is no real answer but that "they're both good". I like characters from both companies, but I also hate some characters from both companies, same goes for the writing - as @theamazingimmortalman stated beforehand, if I had to pick between the two, I couldn't.

Welcome to Comic Vine by the way!

#5 Posted by Havenless (1398 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer quantity of quality over quality of quantity. After about the first 10-15 big time heroes, DC kinda goes downhill. "A New superhero teammate with Stargirl, Lightning Lad, Uncle Sam, Hawkman, and Catman! It's the best comic you've ever read, WE PROMISE!" ............ Just kill me now and get it over with.

But in all seriousness, they're both great. I simply prefer the depth Marvel offers. Personal opinion, as they definitely don't have the top dogs like Batman and Superman which other people love. One is top heavy, the other is bottom heavy.

#6 Edited by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

My answer would've been that I like Marvel better, but right now I'm torn.

#7 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer DC.

#8 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12582 posts) - - Show Bio

There should be a rule about how many times this one topic can be posted.....it's like once a week now. Anyway, welcome to ComicVine, enjoy your stay.

To answer your question, I like them both. Both are doing things I like and things I horribly hate.

#9 Edited by HumanRocket (9318 posts) - - Show Bio

As of right now Marvel. There are alot of good titles coming out of marvel now

#10 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

Both.

#11 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3863 posts) - - Show Bio

There should be a rule about how many times this one topic can be posted.....it's like once a week now. Anyway, welcome to ComicVine, enjoy your stay.

To answer your question, I like them both. Both are doing things I like and things I horribly hate.

I hurrrd dat!!!!!!!!!!

#12 Posted by JulieDC (1067 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe comicvine should make a permanent post and then delete or merge all subsequent posts like this.

As for my answer, I prefer DC because I really enjoy traditional superhero stories. Although I am not all that crazy about any of the comics coming out at the moment and prefer to read stuff prior to 2011.

#13 Posted by Fallen_Crippled (6460 posts) - - Show Bio

@bucco3 said:

Which do you like better

NO!

#14 Posted by Extremis (3363 posts) - - Show Bio

...and right on time .__.

#15 Posted by Extremis (3363 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Valiant better.

#16 Posted by bornonamonday (54 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer quantity of quality over quality of quantity. After about the first 10-15 big time heroes, DC kinda goes downhill. "A New superhero teammate with Stargirl, Lightning Lad, Uncle Sam, Hawkman, and Catman! It's the best comic you've ever read, WE PROMISE!" ............ Just kill me now and get it over with.

But in all seriousness, they're both great. I simply prefer the depth Marvel offers. Personal opinion, as they definitely don't have the top dogs like Batman and Superman which other people love. One is top heavy, the other is bottom heavy.

This. I literally could not have said it any better. You sir win the internet.

#17 Edited by Bucco3 (108 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis: who is it I thought about trying but have never got around to it

#18 Posted by RedLantern23 (890 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel admittedly has more depth but I enjoy Batman, Superman, and Green Lantern more than any Marvel characters so my personal opinion is DC

#19 Posted by Tacos_Kickass (844 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a fan of X-Men or Avengers so that knocks out like 90% of Marvel comics. I like DC better but I don't hate Marvel, I read a few comics like Hawkguy and some Spider-Man comics.

#20 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8667 posts) - - Show Bio

@bucco3:

Oh, goodie! Another one! :D It's nice to have a thread to look forward to every week.

Seriously, though: I enjoy both Marvel and DC but tend to lean more towards the latter sense they have my favorite character.

#21 Posted by The_Tree (7937 posts) - - Show Bio

I like DC more, but Marvel's been putting out better comics as of late.

#22 Posted by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

DC. Marvel comics have sometimes made me really bored, mostly the Avengers. But the X-Men are awesome. I do like Marvel, I just like DC more because I personally like their characters and actually get into stories a lot more.

#23 Posted by SoA (5241 posts) - - Show Bio

i like both . nowadays i lean more towards DC . but i am a comic fan , if its good i'll read it

#24 Edited by Extremis (3363 posts) - - Show Bio

@bucco3: Valiant is a comic book company. They currently only have 7 titles, but they're all top quality. Best comic company top to bottom when it comes to quality. I highly recommend X-O Manowar, but all their titles are great.

#25 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I love both. I don't really understand fans who side with one over the other exclusively?

@extremis said:

@bucco3: Valiant is a comic book company. They currently only have 7 titles, but they're all top quality. Best comic company top to bottom when it comes to quality. I highly recommend X-O Manowar, but all their titles are great.

Co-sign, Valiant is dope.

#26 Posted by NovaRichRider (327 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

I love both. I don't really understand fans who side with one over the other exclusively?

@extremis said:

Co-sign, Valiant is dope.

I'll put my signature on that as well.

#27 Edited by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3863 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis said:

X-O Manowar is one of my favorite titles in my pull list

#28 Edited by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

There are so many threads about the same topic

#29 Edited by tikhunt (676 posts) - - Show Bio

My ratio of reading comics is currently 4:2 in DC comics atm but I prefer Marvel tbh.

#30 Posted by Med (291 posts) - - Show Bio

DC by a landslide. I prefer their characters and them as a company.

#31 Posted by Beserkerfury (153 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel doesn't really have much to read that's interesting,their space stuff kinda sucks tbh.Marvel is still stuck in the 90's while D.C. has moved on to bigger and better things.

#32 Posted by Extremis (3363 posts) - - Show Bio

@theamazingimmortalman: any fan of X-O is a friend of mine :)

X-O Manowar is currently my absolute favorite comic, regardless of the company. It's that good.

#33 Posted by OddLeon (7 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't consider either one to be a "better" company. I know that I prefer modern DC books to modern Marvel books as reading material, but I like to collect older back issues from both companies. Both companies have creative and unique characters, and both have had some amazing writers and artists. Comics are comics.

#34 Posted by Bucco3 (108 posts) - - Show Bio

Is any one excited for Quantum and Woody ? I know I am

#35 Posted by The Stegman (25975 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a fan of X-Men or Avengers so that knocks out like 90% of Marvel comics. I like DC better but I don't hate Marvel, I read a few comics like Hawkguy and some Spider-Man comics.

Dude, this is literally my exact feelings on the topic. I really don't like the X-Men at all, the Avengers..eh, some titles are good. I love Ultimate Spider-Man and Hawkguy, but other than that, Marvel doesn't do it for me.

#36 Edited by cfrehse (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

i prefer marvel right now. I reading over ten books from them. I haven't touched too many dc books cause im busy reading marvel. I'm gonna start up here again soon though

#37 Posted by Strider92 (16825 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis said:

I like Valiant better.

Damn straight!

#38 Edited by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Edited by Bucco3 (108 posts) - - Show Bio

Quantum and woody what do you think about it definitely subscribing to it from the previews looks very good.

#40 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3863 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis said:

@theamazingimmortalman: any fan of X-O is a friend of mine :)

X-O Manowar is currently my absolute favorite comic, regardless of the company. It's that good.

*raises glass to acknowledge XO fan friend*

It is def in my top 4 titles!

#41 Posted by Extremis (3363 posts) - - Show Bio

@theamazingimmortalman: if you can believe it my comic book store doesn't carry X-O trades (or any from Valiant for that matter). I was so mad when I found out that I wanted to "paff!" them so bad.

#42 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3863 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis:

they don't carry any valiant? that should be considered comic book blasphemy.

#43 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (2092 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoa! Never seen this question before!!!! Nevertheless, my answer is still DC, though Marvel has gained ground in the last year.

#44 Posted by comicace3 (6584 posts) - - Show Bio

Like em both. But seriously dude, there are many forums just like this.