EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#101  Edited By EyeDCyou

@a_a_a said:

i m not used to this behavior in Comicvine...

You joined the site yesterday... Please just stop saying things. It's obvious that none of us agree with you.

A_A_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By A_A_A

@eyedcyou said:

@a_a_a said:

i m not used to this behavior in Comicvine...

You joined the site yesterday... Please just stop saying things. It's obvious that none of us agree with you.

Just because you don't agree don't make you as representative of everybody else, as you make yourself representative of all regular movie going audience, in a debate agree is not the ultimate goal don't you think, i think is exchange ideas and facts!!! and yes some users agree that man of steel divide audiences, you should present facts and not make your own opinion as an universal truth, i m new but i think that i can keep presenting my arguments even if you and others don't agree with them. Right!!!

illmatic4177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallingcliffs: Of course the first Superman appearance is worth the most, it's way older then any Marvel Comic. And like I said, look at sales, critical reception through out the whole line (not just a few titles, every single week on here Marvel has noticeably more titles listed in essential reading then DC. You honestly can't make a valid argument for DC making better comics right now save for your personal opinion, which oviously is perfectly fine. And I have been collecting for about 25 years now, both companies, and if you look back Marvel has been on top of the sales charts way more then DC the last 20 year's.

A_A_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By A_A_A

@theblackhood:

Sorry for the writing i am foreign, I think critics have influence in the regular movie going audience, how many people listen first to critics before go see the movie?

I Like that you took back the petulant child thing, it not brings anything to the debate and it think that is just another way to downgrade my arguments again... I think i am being correct with you and everybody else in this topic.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@illmatic4177: I don't even think it is so much the age(sure that helps no doubt) though Superman wasn't the first comic, just the very first BIG popular character. There are others Batman, Spider-Man etc It just goes to show that despite the Superman haters, the character is still big and popular overall. Even if his movies aren't as "catchy" as other comic book movies. The comics of him are legendary. I have looked at the whole line, you do know there are Marvel comics that do poorly too right? Look at the Batman sales monthly they do as well if not better than any Marvel comic.

Essential reading is subjective, different people like different things. I'd say Marvel has more options for the casual or younger reader(although DC does have TT, Animated comics etc). But for the more mature reader(not just adults either, older kids who want something less comedy, more serious) DC is clearly the better option between Batman, the JL stories, JLD and Vertigo lines. I haven't seen one from you either, as I said look up Forever Evil's sales they were better than anything marvel put out last year. The Superdoom is doing very well and now Grant Morrison's Multiversity is FAR better than anything I've read recently from Marvel, and mind you that's one issue. It got 5 stars on here which not many DC or Marvel comics get often. Sales charts fluctuate, besides that's only past 20 years or so how about the past 50 years? DC has been atop as well, so as I said it fluctuates. I'm not exactly a kid myself. I also like DC more personally because I feel they offer more to overall readers meaning if you're a kid, as mentioned earlier there's options, if you're into mature stuff there's Batman stories, JLD, Constantine, Swamp Thing and of course Vertigo lines and Watchmen. If you want just standard PG, there's Superman, JL, WW, Aquaman, GL, Flash etc

I see more kids love Hulk, Avengers and X-men more so than the Justice League and definitely more than JLD...which is a great series btw but for a kid probably wouldn't understand half the stories or concepts.

Besides, "most sales" aren't everything, DC will sell a lot too. But to prove my point, just because Avengers sold the most for comic book movie doesn't mean it's "the best comic book movie" it just means it made records. Prior to that the Dark Knight set the record for comic book movie. And COD series sells pretty much because of again, the name badge. After a while though it gets old.

The way I see it with comics it goes back and forth with popularity and sales as far as DC and Marvel(though both will always be the top 2), movies right now Marvel has the edge though if you were to ask me the best comic book movie ever to date is still the Dark Knight as far as I'm concerned. GOTG I can almost guarantee you would be an "average, cool action flick" at best without the Marvel badge on it. However, with everything else TV, animated movies, shows and video games. DC has Marvel beat by a lot. Injustice spawned it's standalone comic series, what Marvel game has done that? None.

I can tell you're one of those pro marvel fans(which is fine, but also makes you unaware) While I prefer DC more however I have a lot of Marvel comics. The only characters that appeal to me that aren't kiddy are Wolverine, Ghost Rider and Magneto. That is it lol. Meanwhile DC has a crap ton of characters aimed at the more mature reader or not kiddy. Batman, PS, Spectre, Constantine, JLD in general, GL, Watchmen, Future's End, Multiversity. Now you take GOTG, X-Men, Avengers and Spider-Man right now and they all are clearly aimed at the younger reader. But as I said, if you're only concern is "sales numbers" then DC technically has Marvel beat from that Superman issue alone worth 3.2 million currently and going up from it's 1 million worth few years ago, all of DC comics sales from then to now i'm sure are higher than Marvels. Also, you want crazy selling books? DOS arch, nuff said lol has sold FAR more than any other Marvel book that has a death of a big character in it or even most events.

illmatic4177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

See here's the thing, saying DC is more kiddie friendly is a standard DC response. Its just not accurate. Your average comic book reader these days is between 25 to 30, so when Marvel routinely captures 60 to 70% of the top 30 comics each month. Its not kids buying those books. And except for right after the New 52, Marvel has been on top most of the last 30 year's. Hell and it wouldn't be close without Batman books, Marvel doesn't have a single character that their whole line depends on like DC does Batman. Yea DC always had books competing in the top ten with Marvel. Its after that you can see the difference, numbers 11 through 30 were Marvel dominates. DC puts out a few good books, then their is a drop off, Marvel puts out numerous good books. So you can always name a big selling DC book, I'm talking about qualify of the line.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#108 wildvine  Moderator

Settle down.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

@micah: I guess my point isn't that no one came close, it's that almost no one lasted long enough. Batroc held his own for like 2½ minutes.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#110 wildvine  Moderator

@a_a_a

Using all caps in bold is unnecessary to make your point and comes off as rude.

@theblackhood

Resulting to name calling will not help your point in the least. Please refrain. Thank you.

If either of you have questions/complaints about this please PM me. Thank you.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: I guess my point isn't that no one came close, it's that almost no one lasted long enough. Batroc held his own for like 2½ minutes.

I see your point.

A_A_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By A_A_A
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#113 the_stegman  Moderator

I feel like DC/WB NEEDS Batman v. Superman to be a success, if it's not, their whole universe crashes down, but if it is, in one step, they've caught up to Marvel. Sure, Marvel still has more movies, but both have movies scheduled til 2019 at the least. Both will be pumping out universe building films in their own way, DC will ensure its future with the World's Finest duo.

A_A_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/why-dcs-serious-superman-may-give-marvel-the-big-screen-edge

If this story is true it's the best strategy to build Dccu?

Very different strategy from Marvel but i think that could work DC tone is darker!!!

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@ Illmatic4177:

You mean Marvel? I said Marvel is more kiddy friendly, not DC :P a simple error I'm sure... compared to DC it's very accurate, dude I go to the comic shop literally EVERY week and I check out all the new books, DC/Vertigo by far has more serious, darker stories. Here and there I may see a Marvel book that's not so kiddy friendly but most of the time it's totally aimed at kids. Also, to further prove my point, bunch of kids came in today(and I also know the guys at the shop personally) majority of kids and teens go for Avengers, Xmen(some Batman but usually the lighter stories, so you won't be seeing them read the killing joke or death of damian) So I assure you it's not a lie.

Again last year FE even did better than Infinity, this was fact. Received better, had better sales and overall besides as I said best selling comics individually have been DC over Marvel. DOS arch, issue number one just sold for 3.2 million dollars on Ebay....see for yourself, which alone tops any Marvel character easily. I'm sure Batman would too.

I also never said it's just kids, sure some people adults buy both DC and Marvel but I'm saying majority of buyers and Marvel especially use the more kiddy friendly stories or with that "relatable character" tune. Which is totally subjective btw since different people relate to different characters. Example, one of my best friends is a Marvel fan but even he says he relates and LOVES Rorshach for many reasons easily his top 3 fav comic book characters of all time. That's the typical Marvel fan argument, without Batman etc, but not true. Again, read the link for Superman, NO marvel character even comes close to that. 3.2 million? yeah...lol that's just ridiculous. Also you could also make the argument that Batman alone competes with all of MU, which says a lot about DC actually and his popularity.

http://www.cnet.com/news/supermans-action-comics-no-1-sells-for-record-3-2-million-on-ebay/

Both companies put out good books, and bad books. Period. You can't say "DC puts out a few good books and Marvel numerous" when sales monthly are comparable and as I said earlier, again they fluctuate. You're acting like Marvel has dominated the comic book scene for years, every single month. That is simply false.

Radx_Konkin75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Audiences need good, fun, summer films, not two companies beating their chests to see who is dominant."

Lol! That was funny.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

@micah said:

@amazingwebhead said:

I see your point.

That said, limited though his screentime was, Batroc is so far the only non-enhanced human in the MCU to give Cap a semi-decent fight. So it was still impressive.

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think it was so much playing chicken as DC realize that Marvel had the date first, and decided to be gentlemen about it and move their movie back.

That said, I could give a rat's ass about release dates, just make the movies good.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@amazingwebhead said:

I see your point.

That said, limited though his screentime was, Batroc is so far the only non-enhanced human in the MCU to give Cap a semi-decent fight. So it was still impressive.

True

Zainu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People keep talking about Marvel making mediocre movies and how they'll wait for DC/WB to slowly make something phenomenal, and here I am rolling my eyes at how they came to the conclusion that WB is going to produce something decent, when already proved to be disappointing.

hirev_starman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Cap America 3 Seems more promising

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Fallingcliffs

Lol yeah...wb/dc are so disappointing, batman films, dark knight, watchmen, mos. Bvs totally disappointing. Some people are funny, guess they prefer kiddy marvel movies. Seriously, for every bad dc film i can easily name a marvel film.

Both will do well, but ticket sales dont define quality. By that logic, cod would be branded best game of all time and that sure as hell aint true.

jalenwillis11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Marvel Movies

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers